Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2009, 15:02   #16
BHPian

anyone wanna go check out the service center in maratha halli?
Old 18th December 2009, 16:23   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

The Tie-up is with Magneti marelli to provide spares and support for premium cars. I do not see anything positive for cars sold in india by Fiat as Carnation is not Fiat authorised service center chain, Anybody going to them will void his warranty plus i doubt if they will be able to source parts any easier than any Fiat S.S.

As said by Phamilyman in post#12, its for premium cars above 10lakhs, none of the Fiat cars except The 500 is in this category.

@mods: I suggest to change the title to Magneti Marelli instead of Fiat group to avoid confusion.

Last edited by .anshuman : 18th December 2009 at 16:29.
Old 18th December 2009, 16:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
As said by Phamilyman in post#12, its for premium cars above 10lakhs, none of the Fiat cars except The 500 is in this category.
What sense does it make to tie-up for a car which sells in 100s a year ? (am I over-optimistic about that figure?)

If the tie-up includes sourcing parts for the Punto & Linea, it would make some sense but the wont they be costlier than the locally produced ones (if one believes that they are at 55% localization going for 70%)?
Old 18th December 2009, 20:42   #19
BHPian

"So far we have been servicing only entry level cars. By tying up with Magneti Marelli, we will now start premium car services for cars costing Rs 10 lakh and above," Carnation Auto chairman and managing director Jagdish Khattar said.

I don't think this means that they will stop servicing entry level cars. Essentially, I see it as a move by Fiat to establish service centers where Fiat cars are not given a secondary treatment. I don't think warranty is going to be void by using such service center.

Looking at the present OTR cost of a Linea E+ MJD, very soon it will be in 10L category once the newer engine is plonked. So Mr Khattar is right in saying "10L and above".
Old 18th December 2009, 22:37   #20
BHPian

Astonishing reporting by the Economic Times. Even after reading the whole article twice, I could not get to the crux of the matter..

Pah!!
Old 21st December 2009, 03:29   #21
BHPian

Now this thing is really confusing. But my gut feeling's that there's gonna' be no change for the current owners. The blog that some poster has given a link to is in my views, totally correct. I dont think carnation is gonna' rock anyway, forget rock'ing Fiat cars. BTW ET also had an article about this deal not being possible as Fiat is already in it with Tata. It further added that as long as Ferrari's, Lancia's and Maserati are not launched in India carnation could still rock, so to say Here's the link:
Carnation-Fiat arm tie-up may irk Tatas- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Last edited by firstguri : 21st December 2009 at 03:30.
Old 21st December 2009, 03:47   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
I don't think warranty is going to be void by using such service center.
The warranty policy clearly states, All the maintenance and repair work during warranty period has to be carried out at Fiat Authorised Service center or the warranty would become void.
Old 21st December 2009, 08:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
The new facility will provide services for 28 car models that are priced below Rs 10 lakh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Folks,
They will sell parts for cars above 10L. Which Fiat car today costs above 10L? The 500!
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The first post quotes the car below 10Lacs and it makes more sense for opening a service center for this volume cars.

How did it got interpreted ABOVE 10L cars?

I saw this yesterdat in ORR. As someone mentioned this may void warranty if within the period. But lets look at it like the Bosch service center or the MyTVS where you do for all brands.

So, this is nothing new except than the fact that it was started by someone who made Maruti Udyog service a success. Right?
Old 21st December 2009, 09:21   #24
BHPian

Third party multi brand service centers like Carnation will become an essential part of the Indian auto scenario. What with the auto sales zooming ahead the company authorized sales and services points at most locations are falling behind in meeting customer expectations more so in the after sales experience. Carnation has identified the huge gap in customer expectations and what is being offered at ***. This is the way to go. I certainly see large nationwide multi brand service / accessories network being set up by wannabe Jagdish Kahattars and large Industrial houses. After all, the after sales / replacement / accessories market is huge and growing very fast. There is lot of money to be made in this segment.

Raja.
Old 21st December 2009, 10:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

What are the important factors for success ?

1. Transparency : Currently the dealers have a lot to offer wehn transparency w.r.t the pricing, service levels etc is concerned

2. Customer Experience :How a customer is treated during every / any interaction with the dealership/service station. Consistency is another aspect of this aspect, A lot is desired still from every dealership/service station.

3. Differentiation : What would be different from a dedicated servcie station v/s multi-brand servcie station like Carnation ? This could be in the area of availability, turn-arround time, cost, loyalty benefits etc etc.

4. Relationships with the OEMs : How strategically authorized these multi-brand outfits really are ?, How fast, reliably, cost effectively the vehicles can be serviced, repaired at these outfits.

Most Viewed