Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2010, 19:35   #46
BHPian

Got my I10 registered in the last week of Nov in ECity RTO office, Bangalore and received the Smart Card in the mid of December. Car type is shown as Sedan. I called up the dealer and he told me that the RTO smart card software doesnt have provision for Hatchback and so it is mentioned as Sedan. I wasnt satisfied with the reply at all and I know an agent in RTO office. Will be meeting him on 18th and will see if this is actually a problem.

IMO, some cards have got Hatchback, so they should have done the same for all the Hatchbacks.
Old 13th January 2010, 20:25   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
@basil: The RTO page shows Elantra's BHP as 245
That's puny. My CJ340 Jeep has 2520 BHP according the RC book. I requested them to correct it recently as I was renewing the RC book. They said it is not possible, whatever the original value entered can't be changed.
Old 9th January 2012, 14:49   #48
Senior - BHPian

Re: i10 registered as sedan in RC from RTO

I have a query which i think would be apt for this thread and doesnt require a new one :

I bought my bike - Gt650R from Radiant lifestyles, Gurgaon on Sep 21 which got registered with the Delhi authority on 14 Oct - since then i was waiting for the RC smart card and after pestering the salesman a lot of times he finally called me on Nov 29 to say that the RC has arrived but it has a mistake as the bike name is printed wrong, it was printed VT650R instead of GT650R.

I feared it might cause issues later during resale so asked him to get the correction done and since NOV 29 the RC hasnt come back yet. To add insult to the injury this dealership has been shut down by the company now on customer complaints of poor service and a new one opened in Delhi.

Now i am trying to reach this guy but he isnt picking up and ignoring my calls, last i talked on 3rd jan and he said it would come in a few days but that hasnt happened. I know him as he belongs to a biking group.

What do i do now? I cant go out of Delhi, always have to explain the police guys why i still dont have RC and all this trouble for no fault of mine.

What steps do i take now? Contact the RTO or get some agent as i am absolutely clueless on it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks