Team-BHP - i10 registered as sedan in RC from RTO
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   i10 registered as sedan in RC from RTO (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/71860-i10-registered-sedan-rc-rto.html)

hello all,

I need a clarification regarding the i10.

Recently i got a smart card from the RTO, there it was mentioned car type as sedan instead of hatchback.
One of my friend who bought i10 1.1 after me also got the same thing sedan. the RTO is Yeshwanthapur RTO Bangalore.
Can i10 owners in the fourm clarify the same or do i have to change it or it will be a problem in future.

Please speak to the dealer from where you got the vehicle registered and seek a corrected Smart Card. Do not pay anything, its a mistake from the RTO and the RTO Guys from Showroom

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal (Post 1639892)
Please speak to the dealer from where you got the vehicle registered and seek a corrected Smart Card. Do not pay anything, its a mistake from the RTO and the RTO Guys from Showroom

will it be a problem in future?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore (Post 1639929)
will it be a problem in future?

There will not be any problem, but get it corrected as when you will go for passing the car again & also for paying the road taxes, you will have to pay more than what is there for a hatchback segment.

There's a Tata Palio station wagon around here. Check bottle's signature.

It is better to make correction to avoid any future problems. The person who used to type the details in the RC (Smart card) may not be known the difference between a hatchback and a sedan. Or your dealer may not have mentioned this(vehicle type) in the documents hence this mistake occured.?

Get it corrected.
There could be lots of confusion around this in the future if you get into documentation hassles and proofs and stuff like that, say around insurance?

Or.. Attach a customized boot like MUL did on the DZire lol:

My Palio Sports is registered as Adventure. :-)

Might be a problem in future. Its better you get it corrected, as mentioned earlier get it done through the Showroom folks itself.

I had my Alto registered as Sedan in my RC!! I had no problems with it till the time I used it and even when I sold it - insurance, road tax etc., It was a harmless entry for me, but others might have a different opinion based on their experience.

My friends Vista QJD is registered as Saloon. He had booked the vehicle in June 2009. I doubt if the RTO registers any vehicle as hatchback. Does anyone on TBHP have their small cars registered as hatchback by RTO? This would make things a bit more clear.

The lingo used by RTO for registering cars might be different, dont think you will have car classified as Hatchback in the formal government documentation. We also have classification like SUV, MAV etc. dont think these are part of the RTO lingo even.

If I am not wrong, all cars beyond 1000 cc should be named as Sedan, I did check wikipedia, it says Hatchback is also a type of Sedan. Dont get bogged with the common lingo and the RTO lingo

The registration should not be a problem. I had owned a Palio which is registered as a Sedan. Had no issues the insurance or reselling it. My Elantra was also registered as a Sedan, which it is. As some one has already mentioned, I dont think RTO lingo has something called a hatch back.

See registration details of the above cars taken from KeralaMVD website. Also see the definition of Sedan. The etymology of Sedan is below.

All said and done, me thinks, you shouldnt be worried at all.

Education is urgently required in india, specially in govt departments!

hahhahah this is hilarious!