Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2010, 12:38   #196
BHPian

These pics are not from India. Look at the numberplate of the trailer.

edit: Just saw the link, pics were shot near Budapest, Hungary.

Last edited by toiingg : 9th June 2010 at 12:39.
Old 9th June 2010, 12:44   #197
BHPian

According to reports on the net - This massive oversight by the transport company has seen the 2011 Suzuki Swift revealed ahead of its anticipated public debut at the Paris Motor Show.

These pics were caught while the cars were being transported in Hungary, where it will be manufactured at Suzuki’s factory in Esztergom. The plant is located about 60 kilometers away from Budapest.

Hope to see this soon on Indian roads - If it is decided to be introduced, guess Maruti will have a real tough time deciding between shelving the current model(5+ years old, still having a big wait list) or introducing the newer one (2011 model, more modern, but with an even bigger wait list)
Old 9th June 2010, 12:54   #198
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

Last edited by Eddy : 9th June 2010 at 23:32.
Old 9th June 2010, 13:00   #199
BANNED

This new Swift has to be introduced in India with bigger 1.4 or 1.5L petrol engines (may be tagged as Swift Senior) than the 1.2L engine.

So, the current one will cater to the middle B-segment buyers, and this new one will cater to the upper B-Segment buyers.
Old 9th June 2010, 13:01   #200
Senior - BHPian

As soon as the news of redesigned swift hits our markets.. the demand and waiting list for the current gen swift will slowly die down. and the waiting list for the new model will increase.
Old 9th June 2010, 13:19   #201
agm
BHPian

Minor changes to the current version thats all ,Though i liked the changes which has been made to the rear.

Anyone got idea about the engine which will be offered?

Any chance of 1.3ltr 90BHP Diesel which we will see in Punto sportz .Also,the petrol heart would be the same which is doing duty on the current version or their will be a different engine with more power?

Last edited by agm : 9th June 2010 at 13:21.
Old 9th June 2010, 13:19   #202
Senior - BHPian

Wow! I like the new rear.

Always had a feeling the current one's boot lid and tail lights are too vertical and slope drastically towards the end.

This one has a more rounded and flowing slope. And the boot should also be bigger.

Now a request to MSIL, please don't spoil the rear by taking the numberplate to the boot lid.
Attached Thumbnails
Spyshots: 2010-2011 Maruti Suzuki Swift 2. EDIT: More pics on pg 8 & pg 16!-untitled.jpg  

Old 9th June 2010, 14:51   #203
Senior - BHPian

I have seen many smiling faces, but seeing smiling b##t for the first time.
When are they planning to launch it in India? Why is it called new Swift, is there any change in spec/features?

Last edited by Latheesh : 9th June 2010 at 14:52.
Old 9th June 2010, 15:03   #204
Senior - BHPian

The fat aunty just got fatter
I think the cosmetic changes at the back makes the current Swift a better looking car!
So in Hungary also they sell it with the skinny tires eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
As soon as the news of redesigned swift hits our markets.. the demand and waiting list for the current gen swift will slowly die down. and the waiting list for the new model will increase.
Okay... but it is the most obvious thing right? Anything special in this case?

Last edited by clevermax : 9th June 2010 at 15:05.
Old 9th June 2010, 15:06   #205
Senior - BHPian

It doesnt seem to be in India. But again, the huge b##t look seems to have been retained. They should have done something to taper it down a bit.

And I never did like the Swift with stock wheels / tires. But out on larger rims and wider profile tires and you have a looker.

Lets see what comes out this time.
Old 9th June 2010, 15:15   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Minor changes to the current version thats all ,Though i liked the changes which has been made to the rear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
When are they planning to launch it in India? Why is it called new Swift, is there any change in spec/features?
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I think the cosmetic changes at the back makes the current Swift a better looking car!
So in Hungary also they sell it with the skinny tires eh?
Just to clear the confusion,this is an all-new evolutionary model developed on an all-new platform with each and every body panel being,you guessed it,all new!

Yeah,seems like eastern Europe and India are treated with the same disdain by auto cos!
Old 9th June 2010, 15:47   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Now a request to MSIL, please don't spoil the rear by taking the numberplate to the boot lid.
The numberplate is still on the bumper, though it sits higher than on the current model. The boot loading bay seems higher as well. Getting luggage in and out will be cumbersome.
Old 9th June 2010, 15:55   #208
Senior - BHPian

I would love to check the new Swift when it is launched in the latest (upgraded) avtar. We all know that it will be bigger than the present model. Hopefully all those who complain about the claustrophobic interiors will no longer have the same grudge.

Yes it definitely needs the wider tyres & the rear wiper, ACC, ABS+EBD, etc should be standard on all versions, after all it deserves all the premium features.

Somehow I am falling in love with the car just like in case of old Zen.
Old 9th June 2010, 15:57   #209
BHPian

Nothing radically different from the existent Swift. Nothing exciting but will sell. Hope they have exciting engines to compensate
Old 9th June 2010, 17:07   #210
BHPian

Rear look

I think that the rear end of the new swift looks very familiar with the rear end of the renault megane. I have compared both the cars. Check out this pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Spyshots: 2010-2011 Maruti Suzuki Swift 2. EDIT: More pics on pg 8 & pg 16!-renaultmeganerear.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks