Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2010, 18:54   #211
BHPian

Big A**, More Space!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 KMPH View Post
I think that the rear end of the new swift looks very familiar with the rear end of the renault megane. I have compared both the cars. Check out this pic.
Megane has a big a**, with the almost straight rear glass , it looks even bigger. I dont think Swift a** will be similar.

Hey guys, Big a** means more space!
Old 9th June 2010, 19:04   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 KMPH View Post
I think that the rear end of the new swift looks very familiar with the rear end of the renault megane. I have compared both the cars. Check out this pic.
Yep. I saw the first post and the Megane was the first thing to hit my head. It wasn't broken, they tried to fix it and they've made a mess of it. Boot space may have increased but at the cost of losing a great design.
Old 9th June 2010, 22:18   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Nice scoop. Cosmetics only? Rear tail lamps, quarter glass has changed, the boot lip is different, number plate moved up from the bumper. Not sure i like how the new rear looks. Maybe it looks better in flesh.

And why only this color on all cars! They want to redo a Bunty-Bubli launch.
I am sure this is more than cosmetic. Although it maintains the lines of the original but from the pictures its quite evident that the shoulders are wider, the car a bit longer, the angles are more raked. Its an all-new car built true to the original.
Old 9th June 2010, 22:45   #214
Senior - BHPian

this is a complete redesign guys not a cosmetic job.
Old 9th June 2010, 22:48   #215
Senior - BHPian

I have never been a fan of the Swift's rear styling, but from the side-profile looked really good with the short stubby boot.

Again, in my opinion, this is another car whose new design seems to be worse than the previous generation. I can't fathom why this seems to be so common these days (even the new BMW 5 series looks like a toad compared to the older meaner looking 5).
Old 9th June 2010, 23:40   #216
Senior - BHPian

Probably mods thought my earlier post was adding to spam, but still i feel its just a Botox job, a minor facelift.Since the cars are on its way to the showrooms, soon everything will be revealed.BTW are there any chances of new powertrains making it to india.

Last edited by agspins : 9th June 2010 at 23:41.
Old 9th June 2010, 23:58   #217
BHPian

The new Swift looks more glamorous with the new face lift. And yes, it looks like a more crude copy of the Megane. Were Suzuki and Renault ever in any sort of MoU?
Old 10th June 2010, 00:08   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
Another one of those bizarre facelifts that are being carried out by Suzuki in recent times. I am so happy my father has a previous gen swift.

Btw, are these pictures in INDIA. When is Suzuki going to launch this version?

edit: looks like suzuki's got there direction all messed up. looks as if the car got a smiley face. But that smiley face is on the cars back side.
was thinking on the same lines, a smiley on the back side. It is generally said that Indians like smiling cars and it seems like suzuki guys took it very seriously.
Old 10th June 2010, 00:25   #219
BHPian

@300kmph- you are spoton with the comparison to megane although not as sharp. Hopefully this new design works in india or Maruti is in big trouble!
Old 10th June 2010, 00:28   #220
Senior - BHPian

No these pictures doesnt look like india,looks like europe from the registration plates.

Actually suzuki has a major plant in Hungary,which produces the Swift in huge numbers catering for european markets.These swifts are most probably from there.
Old 10th June 2010, 00:50   #221
BHPian

But why were so many new swifts taken around so carelessly? these are the swifts that were supposed to be shown in paris!
and btw ppl, this one is ALL new, not a facelift, not botox, not a tummy tuck and definitely not a boob-job!!

and these pics were also posted in the other thread for new swift pics by scoopmaster sidindica!
Old 10th June 2010, 10:09   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukamath View Post
If it is decided to be introduced, guess Maruti will have a real tough time deciding between shelving the current model(5+ years old, still having a big wait list) or introducing the newer one (2011 model, more modern, but with an even bigger wait list)
Maruti might take it's usual route with the apathy shown by most car manufacturers towards India- Place the new model little above, reduce the current model's price a little and strangle the market.
Old 10th June 2010, 11:23   #223
Senior - BHPian

For a change

Quote:
Maruti might take it's usual route with the apathy shown by most car manufacturers towards India- Place the new model little above, reduce the current model's price a little and strangle the market.
I think for change they may not do it. Swift is still the most important model in Maruti line up. Although there are cars that generate more volume, Swift gives Maruti sporty reputation that everybody craves for. One to one replacement with price increase!
Old 10th June 2010, 11:24   #224
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
We all know that it will be bigger than the present model.
Good post, Cardeep. That's really the key; why should Maruti mess with a successful formula? Just like the new WagonR, the new Swift will be an evolution (rather than revolution) of the current car. It's a best seller after all. From what I've read so far, the new Swift can safely be expected to have better interior space and ride quality.
Old 10th June 2010, 11:57   #225
BHPian

+1 Maruti will replace the Swift and not sell them side by side. The car IMHO is very good. The rear styling execution has been neatly done. As already mentioned, looks glamorous than the current generation with more space (hopefully)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks