Team-BHP - Spyshots: 2010-2011 Maruti Suzuki Swift 2. EDIT: More pics on pg 8 & pg 16!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Spyshots: 2010-2011 Maruti Suzuki Swift 2. EDIT: More pics on pg 8 & pg 16! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/71928-spyshots-2010-2011-maruti-suzuki-swift-2-edit-more-pics-pg-8-pg-16-a.html)

Note from Mod : GTO's Swift review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread.

link: New Suzuki Swift | Car News and Spy Shots | evo

Nice shots. Looks like the next Gen Swift.

Nice scoop Sidindica.
The car looks bigger then Swift, but the shape seems to be similar, also the headlights and tail lamps when we compare it with the current version.

Uhhh , the profile looks oh-so-bad to me.

However nice find Sid.!

The rear boot doesn't look like it has grown length wise. But does it look a little wider at the rear?

Nice find Sid. The car looks bigger than the current Swift. But the overall design looks similar.
So Suzuki going the Tata way?

That car is HUGE :O

Lets hope the legroom in the back is huge too!

Is it just me or does the back look a bit weird in a good way?

Good scoop there! Distinctively bigger than the existing one, longer also... But then Maruti would try and keep it less than 4 meters long for the excise concessions right?

Looks like Grown up twin of Swift!

Other than increase in Wheel base, I don't find anything new in this. Might be the change in interiors with better built quality.

Looks like almost similar to the current swift.

A typical Maruti next gen car.:D

May be a sport version.

thank god they are already testing the update. i might get sick of seeing so many swifts on the road. however good the present swift looks, the ubiquitous nature of the swift and its omnipresent nature makes it tiring to look at. happy to see a replacement in the next 2-3 years!

looks more roundish than the current version.. i think this is the same theme that Nissan followed when they updated the 350z into the present 370z.. although swift and the Z are different category vehicles but thats how the theme is being follwed by Suzuki here.

hope they do something this time so that it doesnt rattle anymore. god bless swift owners. :)

sidindica: are you sure that this car is going to be India specific? Seems to be a spy shot taken abroad. Is this relevant in the Indian car scene?

Nice spotting, sidindica! This car does look a bit bigger than the current gen Swift.

I doubt if this would be a Maruti Swift for another 3-4 years to come. Before Maruti introduces an all new Swift, they will have to offer at least 3 "new" versions with face-lifted grilles, hubcaps and stickers. Then one or two "limited editions" will follow. After that, another 3 years or so down the line, we will have the all-new Swift.

Also, this Swift seems to have 16" alloys. That will definitely not happen in India.

I hope and pray I'm totally wrong here, and that this car will actually be available in India in mid 2010.