Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2010, 08:02   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
what about Honda's small car?
Honda had advised that they will launch early 2011. No spy shots or scoops have been reported here AFAIR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCzar View Post
Waiting for the Alfa Romeo...

There is also one sports car by suzuki 200BHP
what is the name of this suzuki 200BHP sport car?

Guys,
Any news of Kizashi launch in India?
Old 30th April 2010, 08:11   #62
BANNED

Honda

We all are talkin bout Honda Diesels. Firstly, They dont have a license for diesels in India and secondly, honda is considered as a premium brand in India and if they introduce a diesel (say city), the market will go upside down (bcoz its a HONDA!) and soon the city diesel will earn a premium TAXI image.

Toyota

Their best selling sedan world over i.e The Corolla Altis , has been selling with a VVT-i petrol engine the world over (diesel in some countries too) and is again considered as a premium car by us Indians (though just a family car in other countries). If they introduce a D4D diesel option, the petrol sales would come down to ZERO. The Corolla Altis is current segment leader and is doing great nos. every month ~9XX/month. D4D option will soon give the Altis diesel a taxi image too. So IMO, both japs are satisfied will their current Petrol lineup and I dont see a diesel option in near future.
Old 1st May 2010, 11:09   #63
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The one car that I'm most looking forward to is the Chevrolet Spark Electric. Face it, we've got practically every kind of car today in terms of design, space, comfort, handling, equipment etc. But the Chevy Spark is bringing something entirely new to the table. It's pure electric power in a hatch that's acceptably useable on a daily basis (unlike the Reva and its compromises).

Can't wait to run a full test on one!
Old 8th May 2010, 19:16   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The one car that I'm most looking forward to is the Chevrolet Spark Electric. Face it, we've got practically every kind of car today in terms of design, space, comfort, handling, equipment etc. But the Chevy Spark is bringing something entirely new to the table. It's pure electric power in a hatch that's acceptably useable on a daily basis (unlike the Reva and its compromises).

Can't wait to run a full test on one!

But I believe it's going to be priced in the 6-7 lacs territory.
Isn't that a deterrent for buying one? And we also don't how the electrics would do in resale prices.
Old 10th May 2010, 16:26   #65
Team-BHP Support

Any more info on the Mini launch?? I haven't heard of the Mini launching anywhere else other than this source.
Old 10th May 2010, 16:38   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
Honda

We all are talkin bout Honda Diesels. Firstly, They dont have a license for diesels in India and secondly, honda is considered as a premium brand in India and if they introduce a diesel (say city), the market will go upside down (bcoz its a HONDA!) and soon the city diesel will earn a premium TAXI image.
They are already long term testing the engines in India.

Also, a 10+L taxi? What are you on about?
Old 10th May 2010, 16:52   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
Honda

I do not think that Honda's image would spiral down due to a diesel engine.
I believe the diesel car (s) they plan to launch in India could be - CRV &/or Euro Accord (may be badged as Accura, same as in US). It appears that Honda are not confident with the quality of diesel in small cities, which could dent their reputation of reliably & bulletproof engines. But, a diesel-ised Honda is on cards for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Any more info on the Mini launch?? I haven't heard of the Mini launching anywhere else other than this source.
I read that the Mini was to be priced north of Rs.16 lacs (CBU) if launched in India. Add to this there are many new variants of Mini that need consideration the launch. Probably these factors are holding up BMW's Mini plans.

Last edited by Dippy : 10th May 2010 at 17:23. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 10th May 2010, 17:15   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
They are already long term testing the engines in India.

There are so many Merc's that run a taxis. Pl remember that we ar enot talking of your regular day to day taxis here. These are the one's offered by tour operators.
Old 10th May 2010, 18:35   #69

Any Idea when ford has plans to roll out the new Mondeo?
Old 10th May 2010, 19:44   #70
Senior - BHPian

What about Renault with their Fluence and Koleos plans? I'd really like see Renault turn a new leaf here,keeping the fall out with M&M a thing of the past.

Another car that I'm looking forward to is the Nissan Quashqai.Its received rave reviews in the west,and can repeat its success story in India too,provided Nissan pulls the right strings everywhere. I really hope we get the Quashqai+2 with the 2.0L 148bhp diesel.Neat!

The Mini One sounds interesting too.Firstly,its a diesel and secondly,if BMW can fully localize it here and bring down the price down to 6-7 lakhs,we could have a winner on our hands.Only if wishes were horses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr_ind View Post
Not earlier than 2012,I presume. By the way,Ford could have bought down the fantastic Kuga here,and slotted it below the Endy.It would have been worth it!

Last edited by AyAn! : 10th May 2010 at 19:47. Reason: spelling
Old 10th May 2010, 20:11   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr_ind View Post
The new Mondeo has been spotted inside the plant undergoing some tests. I don't expect it to be launched before end of 2012 if at all it does launch. The Fiesta and the Focus and probably an MUV will be launched before the Mondeo.
Old 10th May 2010, 20:20   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
So, I assume you haven't noticed the Mercs, X-Trails, Teanas, Honda Citys etc running as yellow boards in almost all cities in India. 10+ L TAXIS are not a rare sight, even in India.
Old 10th May 2010, 22:12   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
And I thought these were limited editions and must have been sold even before the production began. Can somebody correct me on this?
you are right. it's a limitted edition and jolly expenssive too. i seriously doubt it'l show up here.
Old 10th May 2010, 22:33   #74
Senior - BHPian

i am eagerly waiting for the mahindra W201. gimme a 150+ bhp engine, ABS, EBD, ESP & 4 airbags, TPMS, auto wipers, parking sensors & the likes, a spacious cabin with seven seats & nice muscular chunky looking crossover, i am game!
Old 10th May 2010, 22:34   #75
Senior - BHPian

One car that will change dynamics of the Mid-Size luxury sedan market is the new BMW F10 (520d) in a basic package something like the 320d CE. Will be launched in March 2011, and blow the segment to a whole new scale.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks