Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:08   #46
Senior - BHPian

Bhpians, Sorry about my earlier comments directed at mohandas, did go overboard there.
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:28   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Bhpians, Sorry about my earlier comments directed at mohandas, did go overboard there.
I read your comments. Apart from the SMS lingo, the response seemed fine to me though the moderators have to do their job to ensure the atmosphere thingy .

It was pretty obvious from Mohandas's post that he is biased and is trying to attract attention.

Atleast the posts from aaggoswami which most of the times carry a tinge of loyalty towards M800 and Maruti, tries to dig and show negatives of the competitors . He tries to make a case out of it. No offense meant here and am sure sometimes he has brought out some interesting discussions.

In my opinion, there is a lot of positive things going for Nano and, a couple of things here and there will hardly make an impact on its future unless Tata messes up big time with the car and its future plans.

We need some sort of questioning so that we can make the other competitors look overpriced

Last edited by muni : 23rd December 2009 at 12:32.
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:45   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmol2k4 View Post
:- Yogendra Pratap and Vikrant Singh of Auto Bild India, Gautam Sen and Bob Rupani of Auto India, Bijoy Kumar Y and Srinivas Krishnan of Business Standard Motoring, Aspi Bhathena of Car India, Sirish Chandran and Bertand D’souza of Overdrive and Vardhan Kondvikar and Girish Karkera of Top Gear India.
What do they say??? Do they say Nano meets high safety standards?? Or they say its anyday better than a M800? Sorry, but if they say so then kindly stop getting misguided.

Quote:
And the opinion of the hundreds of thousands of people who have lined up to buy this car. And BTW, I have met an owner of Nano and this guy( though a very humble person) happens to be a very big and well-off entrepreneur and he too was absolutely in love with Nano. After having sat inside his Nano and having owned 800 in past, IMHO it is much better car than the 800 irrespective of its price.
So how does this proves that Nano is the best??

Quote:
Though there is no point of refuting drivel, can you please inquire your uncle whether it is wise to compare the Nano with Auto rickshaw.
I accept that the comparison was highly underestimated. But Nano does resemble features from Tata Ace. Now the Engine bay is sealed, noone knows whats there inside.

Quote:
To make it easy for him and you, I have provided the specifications of the both vehicles.

Tata Nano:-

1) A four wheeler
2) With all sheet metal(japanese) body panels(from caparo).
3) Seating for four individual with seat belts and protective crumple zone and other safety measures. And have also passed the European Norms.
4) Windows.
5) Doors.

Engine:-

With supplers such as Dürr, Behr, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Visteon,Vibracoustic,Ceekay Daikin/Valeo,TRW,Saint-Gobain,Mahle,Johnson Controls,ITW,Deltar,INA,GKN,Freudenberg,Ficosa,FAG ,Kugelfischer,Denso,Delphi,HSI AUTO,Continental AG,Bosch,Texspin

Auto rickshaw:-
1) A three wheeler.
2) Covered with a cloth.
3) Uncomfortable Seating for three individual with no seat belts and no protective crumple zone and no safety measures of any kind.
4) No Windows.
5) No Doors.

Engine:-

And Tata Nano costs around 30k more than the Auto-rickshaw.
I think a lot of time has been wasted in doing this.

Quote:
With supplers such as Dürr, Behr, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Visteon,Vibracoustic,Ceekay Daikin/Valeo,TRW,Saint-Gobain,Mahle,Johnson Controls,ITW,Deltar,INA,GKN,Freudenberg,Ficosa,FAG ,Kugelfischer,Denso,Delphi,HSI AUTO,Continental AG,Bosch,Texspin
Then what we Indians are feeling proud of LOL!..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
Dude, those outlier videos prove nothing. Sad, but it is a fact that the TML has become a laughing stock in the automobile world. Even, those patriot indians think twice before they buy any tata product.

Anyway,anything is possible in India. We make Rakhi Sawant a star, Nano is the winner of ICOTY 2010

----
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Feel happy for the NANO. This award is really great.

Remember seeing PALIOs with ICOTY stickers on the rear glass, the NANO with similar sticker would look really cool
Then JKTyre was not sponsoring the ICOTY back then. . LOL!.

As far Mumbai to Delhi trip is concerned, kindly do a google. People have completed a round of GQ on a TVS-XT super as well Luna. Forget that,there are people who have done kashmir to kanyakumari on a bicycle!. Taking the car from mumbai to delhi does not prove anything.

If Tata can't give quality to a 3L plus cars then we can't comment for a car under 1.5L ..

All I can say that Nano is a new problem to be appended in the existing list of problem causing Traffic chaos. Imagine all two wheelers replaced by Nanos. You are safe since You can't move

OT- I enrolled for a company bus pass on the day I heard 200 Nanos delivered in Blore.
Old 23rd December 2009, 16:30   #49
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post

If Tata can't give quality to a 3L plus cars then we can't comment for a car under 1.5L ..

All I can say that Nano is a new problem to be appended in the existing list of problem causing Traffic chaos. Imagine all two wheelers replaced by Nanos. You are safe since You can't move

OT- I enrolled for a company bus pass on the day I heard 200 Nanos delivered in Blore.
Can you explain how it is a new problem?

Bangalore roads already choked with out NANO. so there is nothing new to be choked by NANO. If at all it may lead less congestion ( in the hope that many will shift to NANO being small and easy to go through smaller lanes which bigger cars can not do )

Roads are built with tax payers money. every citizen has a right to access to roads. It is the fundamental right enshrined in constitution.

Note from Mod: Please continue the COTY discussion here. This thread is closed.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd December 2009 at 16:47. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks