Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2010, 21:48   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
Maruti Suzuki, the leading car maker in India, is planning to launch a new Maruti Suzuki Wagon R in India by March 2010. The new Maruti Suzuki Wagon R will be equipped with KB series engine, it is BS-IV complaint. It also mulling CNG version of the car as well. The car might be developed on Suzuki Motor Corporation’s MR Wagon platform. Apart from this, the new model is believed to be fitted with airbags and ABS system. The exterior and interior will be having a new design and style. It includes new tail lamp, new front fascia and new headlamp.
On the other hand, new instrument panel will be provided for the new avatar of the four wheeler. However, there is no official comment on the development of the car. According to news reports, the car will come loaded with 998cc KB series engine that belts out 67 PS of peak power at 6200 rpm and churns 90 Nm of peak torque at 3500 rpm.

One more pic of the same....
Lots of speculations. Autocar showcased a different looking Wagon R. Overdrive's wagon R looks different and now this. Which is the actual one???

However, this looks extremely good. Bring it on Maruti

Last edited by nurni76 : 12th January 2010 at 21:49.
Old 12th January 2010, 22:04   #92
Senior - BHPian

If its coming in 2 months, then the question is why did they not show it in the Auto Expo when everyone's eyes were focused on them...instead of those hideous body kitted old model.
Old 12th January 2010, 22:17   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
If its coming in 2 months, then the question is why did they not show it in the Auto Expo when everyone's eyes were focused on them...instead of those hideous body kitted old model.
There could be couple of reasons :

1) Beat. This car has simply beaten all when it comes to pricing. Wagon R with 1.0 ltr three cylinder unit and Rs. 3.5 lakh pricing would look odd against Beat that comes with a larger unit.

2) On similar lines like Maruti not displaying new Wagon R, even Ford and Nissan opted out of the show. I too felt odd about Maruti not displaying YR9 and YE3. Nissan and Ford opting out. May be the competition was too much in form of VW and Beat.
Old 13th January 2010, 03:12   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
There could be couple of reasons :

1) Beat. This car has simply beaten all when it comes to pricing. Wagon R with 1.0 ltr three cylinder unit and Rs. 3.5 lakh pricing would look odd against Beat that comes with a larger unit.

2) On similar lines like Maruti not displaying new Wagon R, even Ford and Nissan opted out of the show. I too felt odd about Maruti not displaying YR9 and YE3. Nissan and Ford opting out. May be the competition was too much in form of VW and Beat.
  1. They dont have to disclose the exact price at the Expo.
  2. Its not going to look less odd in 2 months time.
  3. It'll probably get more FE than the Beat.
  4. Fiat,GM and TATA have always given killer pricing, since when has it affected Maruti's sales?
Old 13th January 2010, 04:13   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Lots of speculations. Autocar showcased a different looking Wagon R. Overdrive's wagon R looks different and now this. Which is the actual one???

However, this looks extremely good. Bring it on Maruti

I am actually not keeping too many hopes from Maruti this time; When actually everyone was looking forward for a much hyped APV; Maruti gave us the poor mans APV(Eeco).

Also if the new WagonR which is shown on the suzuki.jp site also would not be here,because by this time we would have got the scoops out of the testing mule(as happened with the Ritz).

The ACI pictures with minimal facelift and backend looks to be what Maruti is bringing on to us with a 3 pot Astar KB10 engine. I hope that Maruti "Beats" by plonking in KB12 with similar pricing .That would be a competition, and i will be eager to "buy" the winner.
Old 13th January 2010, 10:29   #96
Senior - BHPian

@wrongturn.
Though I hope that the model you have posted is the one that's going to roll out in March/April 2010, I think that's a long shot. Remember, they are aiming at a downward revision of WagonR prices. So in all probability it will go the Eeco way. It will be a slightly refurbished model(read new grille,bumpers,headlamps and tail lamps). Don't expect much more than this. If the are revising the instrument panel, it will be a downward revision, not an upward one, just like they have done on the Eeco.
Old 13th January 2010, 11:17   #97
BHPian

The new Zen and Wagon R have the same wheel base, the same width , zen is slightly longer and the wagon R slightly taller. now if the Wagon R came with the same engine as the zen then they will have 2 cars with the same wheel base, same width and same engine. It would be rather confusing for the buyer. I have decided to hold off on buying the current wagon R till I see what comes out in a month or two.
Old 13th January 2010, 14:36   #98
BHPian

We can rule out the possibility of WagonR getting the K12B engine as the Ritz and the upcoming Swift will be using it. But MSIL could very well use the 1.2L engine which is there in the newly launched Eeco.
Maruti wouldn't have gone through the trouble of detuning the G13B engine if they were to only use it in the Eeco.

Last edited by harishnair : 13th January 2010 at 14:37.
Old 13th January 2010, 15:22   #99
Senior - BHPian

Well both the Estilo and the WagonR shared the same engine before the Estilo got the BS IV upgrade in terms of the Kseries unit. Going but what they have done to the Eeco, it has become extremely difficult to predict what they have in store for the WagonR. Since a downward revsion of prices is on the cards, The K12M motor can be ruled out. It's either got to be the K10B or the G series motor fom the Eeco.
Old 13th January 2010, 15:38   #100
Senior - BHPian

Somehow got one thought in mind.

a) How about the new Wagon R getting 1.2 from Eeco ? In Eeco is reported to give 15.1 under ARAI standards, so its not bad efficiency. This motor has more grunt than K10 unit. And there will be economies of scale too. What is wrong in giving this motor to new Wagon R. This way there will be space between Maruti products.

2) How about Ritz with K10 ? In UK, ritz is available with K10 unit, so if they launch it here with K10 at a lower price then easily they can replace wagon R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
  1. They dont have to disclose the exact price at the Expo.
  2. Its not going to look less odd in 2 months time.
  3. It'll probably get more FE than the Beat.
  4. Fiat,GM and TATA have always given killer pricing, since when has it affected Maruti's sales?
1) Correct. My bad.
2) Again, correct, but here the show would stolen away. That said, IMO, Wagon R has a strong following and has made a name for itself.
3) Yes, that is correct too.
4) Here is where Maruti has to be worried. Fiat and Tata have not managed to make a big dent as expected. Manza is a different story, but Vista, Linea and GP have not made a dent. Even having multiple engine options, they are still not upto the mark as far as sales goes.

But GM is a different story. Off late, Spark has made serious inroads into small car market. LPG Spark may be reason behind this, but sales are going up. Matiz sold around 40K units when Daewoo shut down. Same is case with Spark. Towards its fag end its making good sales. Spark is now a reasonable name in small car segment.
Old 13th January 2010, 17:31   #101
BHPian

There is a spy pic of new Wagon-R posted about three pages back. I am sure that is the one going to be launched (same old wagon-R with minimal exterior changes).

I would love the Wagon-R to have the G series engine that comes in Eeco, which makes sense.
Old 13th January 2010, 20:40   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
2) How about Ritz with K10 ? In UK, ritz is available with K10 unit, so if they launch it here with K10 at a lower price then easily they can replace wagon R.
If the new WagonR is to come with the K10 engine, then we can expect a cheaper Ritz variant with the G12 (Eeco engine). This will surely affect the sales of Hyundai i10 and the Chevy Beat.
Old 17th January 2010, 10:22   #103
BHPian

I test drove the Zen with the 3 cylinder engine. I hope they dont put in the wagon R as I found the 3 cylinder to be not as good as the 1.1 4 Cylinder. On paper it has more power and torque, but I observed the following shortcomings

1. Engine vibrates a lot more during idling and is a bit noiser
2. The power and torque seems to come in chunks (almost like a diesel) and it does not accelerate smoothly as the 1.1 does.
3. Engine is noiser during accleration.

I really hope the bring in the new model soon as I am waiting to book a wagon R
Old 17th January 2010, 11:31   #104
Senior - BHPian

Lots of speculation going around about WagonR, we should stop this thread until something solid is found out, either Sidindica confirms of something, lest everyone is throwing something is air and no one is catching.
Old 17th January 2010, 13:53   #105
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
If the new WagonR is to come with the K10 engine, then we can expect a cheaper Ritz variant with the G12 (Eeco engine). This will surely affect the sales of Hyundai i10 and the Chevy Beat.
What's the need for another cheaper Ritz variant when Maruti is having loads of cars in the same price segment and also there is not considerable price difference b/w Ritz & i10 ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks