Old 27th December 2009, 20:22   #76
BHPian

Will it have the option of Air Conditioner
Old 27th December 2009, 20:40   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinadha View Post
Will it have the option of Air Conditioner
Eeco does come with AC, check the previous page for the pricing.

Last edited by harishnair : 27th December 2009 at 20:42.
Old 28th December 2009, 09:32   #78

4lacs!

It will be a replacement for the omni. I doubt the quality of the product. As it is MUL has a poor fit-finish.
Old 28th December 2009, 13:03   #79
Senior - BHPian

I am a bit disappointed. APV looks too good but I had a very obvious doubt in my mind about the availability of such a vehicle below 4 lacs??? My thought was correct and the vehicle coming out is one with minimal ability to carry a big family.
To add to problems, I believe the tyres are also too small (just like versa or santro) but the load on them would be pretty high with fully loaded car. Atleast 185/R14 should have been provided. I am sure this car is not very good for rough road condition, it will undergo same (or worse) impacts as a Santro. It will bounce badly if no load on back seats due to its front wheel drive update; no wonder if the passengers on last row feel traveling in a state transport bus' last seat.
Once again not blaming MSIL as they never promised APV as it is but a vehicle below 4 lacs to carry 7 people. So not sure how people will accept it.
Surely the sliding doors is not a very pleasant feature for any "owned" car, but again if MSIL defines this as a people carrier and nothing else, sliding doors are the right ones.
I had a very good expectations like you all guys from this car.... but looking at all this, I might go for an Estilo or A-star, but just have to take multiple vehicles to any outing with more than 5 people to travel (of course need to find another driver everytime to drive the other car)
Old 28th December 2009, 13:09   #80
Senior - BHPian

If its under 4 lakhs, then it is one stonking deal. Its much safer than the OMNI and is a good family vehicle, sort of poor man's INNOVA
Old 28th December 2009, 13:41   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
If its under 4 lakhs, then it is one stonking deal. Its much safer than the OMNI and is a good family vehicle, sort of poor man's INNOVA
and if this comes with CNG and LPG options this can be quite a worthy poor man's innova.
Old 28th December 2009, 13:58   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
and if this comes with CNG and LPG options this can be quite a worthy poor man's innova.
Almost every Versa here has a CNG kit retrofitted;that would be by the dealer,or some aftermarket fitment centre
Old 28th December 2009, 14:35   #83
Senior - BHPian

Some clearer pics of the EECO taken somewhere, the car looks boxier because it is boxier, the roof panel is all new and the car now has a half-a-feet lower height.
NON AC and AC models will be available initially in 5 an 7 seater models, price has been mentioned by me elsewhere.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Eeco minivan (EDIT: now launched for 2.6 Lakhs)-image011.jpg  

The Maruti Eeco minivan (EDIT: now launched for 2.6 Lakhs)-image012.jpg  

The Maruti Eeco minivan (EDIT: now launched for 2.6 Lakhs)-image013.jpg  

Old 28th December 2009, 15:09   #84
BANNED

From the rear side, it now looks like a Benz MB100 van!

Anyway, a reduced height compared to Versa is a welcome change for me. It will give a balanced look for Versa.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Eeco minivan (EDIT: now launched for 2.6 Lakhs)-7_m.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 28th December 2009 at 15:11.
Old 28th December 2009, 15:22   #85
BHPian

Little boxes, small boxes...

I remember when zen estillo was launched, Maruti came up with an add which had words like, "l'll boxes, small boxes..." Well the add was taken off air, after they probably realized that Estilo also looked like a box. I wonder how Maruti keeps coming up with different size of box looking cars (No offense to Maruti car owners, ready to take my words back ). Eek oh looks another one in the lot!

Thankfully they did some design experiments with radical swift and ritz and kudos for that.
Old 28th December 2009, 15:59   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

super clear pics Sid;please keep the flow on;looks like at this rate,we might launch the Eeco on team-bhp before 07 Jan
Old 28th December 2009, 16:12   #87
BHPian

The more things change...

Looks very much like the Versa.

I owned a Versa DX2 from 4 years from 2004. I dont think adjectives like 'ugly' are fair to it, as looks are a very subjective thing. I know of ppl thinking Zen Estilo / Qualis / Zylo / Wagon R / Santro, etc are ugly - so guess thats one thing we just need to keep aside while judging the Eeco. Btw, cant these guys think of a better name??? almost sounds like 'Eeeeks'.

One thing I would like improved is the quality of seats. And the suspension. IMO, a 5-6 L price tag with a good suspension would have made a better car. The 4L price tag just does not make sense to me.

Quality of headlights, dashboards, etc dont seem to be very different in most Maruti cars.

Had to buy additional side-step for Versa for my parents and kid. The low ground clearance here seems to take care of that. And hopefully improve stability at turns on high speeds. I had a few close calls with the Versa while turning at high speeds and I've been careful ever since.

Versa had a 2+1 middle seat with the '1' seat getting folded to provide access to the back seat and also doubling as a handrest when only using 2 of the middle seats. Wonder if that design has changed in Eeco.
Old 28th December 2009, 16:20   #88
~~h
BHPian

This is a low roof versa with a new headlamp.. Why the new name?
Old 28th December 2009, 17:16   #89
BANNED

Instead of the name Eeco, I would suggest MINO - originated from OMNI.
Old 28th December 2009, 17:17   #90
BHPian

Eeco!!

Ok. new versa it is then with alto steering wheel and dashboard looks like.
the front two seat looks like taken out of Nano with integrated headrest. I will not say I10 since the quality looks bad.
the rear benches seem like taken out a state transport bus, no headrests nothing. and MSIL expects 40,000 people per year to buy this

i want to

Avenger

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks