Skoda Superb 40 3.78%
Mercedes Benz E Class 6 0.57%
Voters: 1058. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2009, 10:53   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
A bunch of idiots!! Have enlisted the Enzo Ferrari, New Beetle, RAV4 amongst the list
However must admit that some of the listed cars are really UGLY
I must say that the Enzo is not a very good design from Ferrari, and the old Beetle looks better than the new one.

Old 26th December 2009, 11:36   #137
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Similarly, even Fiat Linea was launched in December 2008. 131 Lineas were sold in December 2008.
The Fiat Linea was officially launched in India (prices et al) on the 15th of January, 2009. Don't believe those stories on "131 sold in December 2008". They were dealer dispatches.
Old 26th December 2009, 13:03   #138
BHPian

I will say Fiat Linea, because, it redefined the way people need to look at a C segment sedan. Of course Tata Nano is also a great contender for redefining the car segment by itself.

Last edited by omar1310 : 26th December 2009 at 13:03. Reason: spelling
Old 26th December 2009, 14:09   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Tata Nano, without a second thought! I don't even need to go through the other poll options. The Nano is not only the car of the year, but also the most important (automotive) landmark of this decade.

Hats off to Ratan Tata for achieving his dream....one after another! Around the same time 10 years back, he stuck to his commitment of a car that will have the space of an Ambassador at the price of a Maruti. Fast forward to '09, the Manza shows just how much Tata have advanced in their 10 real years of car making.

Know what the coolest thing about the Nano is? Sure, its the cheapest car in the world, yet feels like a proper car. Its got more room than the 800 and is surprisingly peppy in the city. But the coolest part of the Nano is its styling, looks and image. I mean, this is the only 1.5 lakh rupee car that an owner of a 80 lakh S Class wouldn't mind having in his garage. It wows both...first time car owners and those from the luxury segment.

Simply put, the Nano has spunk. Character. Attitude. Heck, I find some 10 lakh cars lacking in these areas!
+1 to that. It has to be the Nano hands down.

And not just because of the price but also for Mr. Tata being committed to his word inspite of all the problems that came the Nano way.
I still remember his words at the time of the launch, 'We did it because people said it could not be done'. Way to go!
Old 27th December 2009, 13:42   #140
BHPian

Tata Nano is actually car of the year. But, if I have to buy I will go for Toyota Fortuner.
Old 27th December 2009, 14:29   #141
BHPian

Grande Punto! for the Italian Styling.
when everyone else in the market is flaunting about their "quadrajet" and "DDiS" engines, FIAT let its italian styling talk!
Old 27th December 2009, 16:57   #142

NANO !

For a simple reason of revolutionizing Car making Standards,
for making it possible to own a car a reality from a dream to a layman,
for proving Indians can design, prototype, build safe cars cheap,
For Mr Ratan Tata who in face of many sarcastic comments and dismissals of this idea, pursued his dream and passion ,stunned the world.
Making India Proud.
Making Impossible Happen.

For that NANO has to be not only the Car of the year but perhaps the Car of the Decade!
Old 27th December 2009, 17:45   #143
BHPian

India today is characterized by its middle class surging ahead with its chin helf high.

The car which embodies this spirit is the Tata Nano.
How many families can afford the cruzes & the fortuners.
How many would want to buy the minuscule Nano ?
The Manza is perfectly positioned for the young indian executive with a big family. Oodles of space, powerful european engines & drivetrain, decemt styling and great comfort.

Plus it brings you features not present on a car 1 class above it.
Cars like the Manza force other automobile makers into upgrading the value pie in terms of space & features revolutionising the sedan segment the way the Indica forced Maruti into coming up with bigger better hatchbacks (when we were stick with the puny altos & zens).

And for this reason i believe the Manza is the deserving winner.
It changes the game in a segment which is the fastest growing and does so with great quality at a super competitive price
Old 27th December 2009, 18:20   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Not sure why this car was left out. If i'm right this car was launched in late December and the automatic and diesel variants this year. So technically speaking i seriously feel this should be included in the poll. (Since its not just a Variant or different engine tuning launch but an entire new engine / transmission launch)

Hyundai i20

- Different engine options for different needs
- Class leading interior fit and finish
- Decent enough equipment list
- Sporty Exterior Styling
- Above Average Service Availability/Quality
- Slightly overpriced

PS. Having this car out of the poll would not really do justice to the Team-BHP COTY 2009.
Yep you are right. i did search for this too. For me, its the Chevrolet Cruze though. VFM car in this price range loaded with features.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 27th December 2009 at 18:22.
Old 28th December 2009, 00:07   #145
BHPian

Tata Nano without doubt - it is nothing but an automobile revolution of the decade and also proving naysayers wrong !!
Old 28th December 2009, 11:24   #146
BHPian

Has to be Tata Nano. No competition. A car which had the world's press on its toes and plus it being an Indian model; well no other car can be COTY. Last year I read a thread questioning Linea being Autocar's COTY and people were already speculating about this years winner. A lot of them were already crowning Jazz and the likes, but I knew right then that Nano's gonna' have no competion. And you can take it from me that every Indian print and TV media house will give the honours to our very own Nano. Man this makes me a proud Indian.

Last edited by firstguri : 28th December 2009 at 11:26.
Old 28th December 2009, 12:03   #147
BHPian

Nano! i voted. My second choice would be cruze for tearing apart the entry luxury segment with features, performance and price to put competitors cars to shame.
Old 28th December 2009, 12:49   #148
BHPian

It has to be the Tata Nano. All of a sudden there is a rush amongst the car makers to make cheap yet good cars. A big step towards solvig our growing traffic problems since more and more people would upgrade from the ever risky two wheelers to cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Mahindra Xylo

Attachment 250136

[/list]
Hi Dippy sir, can u please tell us which lovely piece of tar (road in the background) is this?

Last edited by SX4LOVER : 28th December 2009 at 12:50. Reason: wrong post
Old 28th December 2009, 12:53   #149
Senior - BHPian

Great to see that all the cars on the list have atleast 1 vote against their name. This is what you call diversity.

I'm going to wait till the very end to cast my vote. Who knows, mine might be the deciding one ;-)
Old 28th December 2009, 13:27   #150
BHPian

Its the Nano for me. I just saw one yesterday near Metro and still the others were going crazy over it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks