Chevrolet Cruze 89 8.41%
Toyota Fortuner 105 9.92%
Skoda Superb 40 3.78%
Mercedes Benz E Class 6 0.57%
Voters: 1058. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 13:11   #211
Senior - BHPian

The Nano, without a doubt. It's a revolution on four wheels. The Nano IMHO, is a worldwide success waiting to happen. Wait and watch..
Old 7th January 2010, 17:15   #212

My Vote also goes to Nano! Ratan Tata delivered on his promise and gave us a car for the masses. It has the looks and promises to change the Indian motoring landscape. Let us wait and see.
Old 8th January 2010, 10:27   #213
BHPian

NANO for me

Id vote for the Nano handsdown, an engineering marvel for the cost and add to it the indianess
Old 11th January 2010, 09:03   #214
BHPian

you all are just thinking that everyone will compromise with speed and safety and go fon nano.. a person should better preffer a 800 over nano. my vote goes for linea as it has changed the way fiat was looked at.. and tell me one thing that would you ever buy or advise anyone to buy a nano seriously??
Old 11th January 2010, 09:22   #215
BHPian

never looked at the competetors. Just saw nano and voted for it. I think it deserves to be the team-bhp car of the year.
Old 12th January 2010, 13:01   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brar.arsh View Post
you all are just thinking that everyone will compromise with speed and safety and go fon nano.. a person should better preffer a 800 over nano. my vote goes for linea as it has changed the way fiat was looked at.. and tell me one thing that would you ever buy or advise anyone to buy a nano seriously??
I for one am seriously repenting for not booking a Nano when the booking were thrown open.

You are comparing with M800 on safety!! Are you aware that Nano has passed crash test? I seriously doubt if M800 would. As far as speed is concerned, a Nano easily cruises 80-90 kmph. which more than suffices for most customers other than the enthusiasts - who I doubt will buy a M800.

I suggest you to go through the below thread where fellow bhpians Sam and NC have driven the Nano from Mumbai to Delhi
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ive-delhi.html
Old 12th January 2010, 13:12   #217
BHPian

no comments on your view
Old 12th January 2010, 13:29   #218
BHPian

All the car provided in the list are good except rio,the decision was tough but it has to be toyota fortuner for me.
Old 12th January 2010, 13:32   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes, i would definitely recommend a nano. actually i already did to my aunt who needs a city runabout for her job. and she is seriously considering buying one. i would love to buy one for myself too, but unluckily most of the time i am out of country.

as for your comparison with 800, the less said about 800 the better. i already owned one for 13 years, did its job well, but now its days are over.
Old 12th January 2010, 13:36   #220
BHPian

Quote:
you all are just thinking that everyone will compromise with speed and safety and go fon nano.. a person should better preffer a 800 over nano.
When ALL think same (except u), NANO should sell.

Quote:
my vote goes for linea as it has changed the way fiat was looked at..
NANO changed the way, automotive world looked at INDIA.
Old 12th January 2010, 14:12   #221
Senior - BHPian

I think when people make an opinion about the Nano they tend to forget that Tata has just scratched the surface of its potential. Its limited road presence is due to limited production capacity. Also its awkward for such long waiting periods nowadays, once the supply catches up and the Nano is available ready of the shelf the numbers would be a lot different.
But this aside there are two other huge factors,
  1. The Diesel option: The potential of a sub 2 lac Diesel car in India goes without saying. From the very little info. available about this powerplant there are good chances it will trump its petrol sibling in the power stakes as well.
  2. The Auto option: There are plenty of OAPs/Ladies (all due respect)/new drivers who would find the pleasure of a manual a struggle, but cant afford the ridiculous mark up of the limited auto options in India. Once the CVT version comes out this can fill this huge void.
There are no major plans from any of the competition to counter any of these two options. So for all the naysayers who have decided that the Nano hasn't cut it yet, just hold on to your horses.
Old 12th January 2010, 14:42   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
...[*]The Diesel option: The potential of a sub 2 lac Diesel car in India goes without saying. From the very little info. available about this powerplant there are good chances it will trump its petrol sibling in the power stakes as well.
From the Tata Motors press release on the Auto Expo I found that the newly launched Tata Magic Iris uses a 600cc diesel engine. Maybe this will find its way to Nano.

Tata Motors - Media Centre

Quote:
The Tata Magic Iris, to be launched this year, is for public transportation, offering safer and more comfortable mobility for those who depend on three-wheelers. Its spacious car-like cabin can comfortably seat four passengers – three at the back and one in the front beside the driver. With its car-like on-road stability and sheet metal roof it provides car-like safety.

The 611-cc water cooled diesel engine, backed by a 10-litre fuel tank, is capable of running larger distances with a top speed of about 55 kmph and yet higher engine life. With its bouquet of features, the Tata Magic Iris will be the ideal small passenger carrier which will upgrade both the quality of public transportation and also the income of their owners.

Last edited by drsk : 12th January 2010 at 14:43.
Old 12th January 2010, 22:41   #223
BHPian

Its the Honda Jazz for me. Absolutely no compromises on this hatch. Interiors, Refinement, Engine, Ride, Space etc.. well almost everything is just outstanding.
Agreed it might be priced at least 1 lac too high, but then you get what you pay for. Who said quality car is cheap!
Old 12th January 2010, 23:49   #224
BHPian

chevy cruze is my choice for t bhp car of the year
Old 13th January 2010, 14:22   #225
BANNED

Result?

Hi

Whats the result? am waiting for it. Is it NANO !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks