Chevrolet Cruze 89 8.41%
Toyota Fortuner 105 9.92%
Skoda Superb 40 3.78%
Mercedes Benz E Class 6 0.57%
Voters: 1058. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2009, 14:27   #151
BHPian

Superb is so value for money but at a price point beyond what will be the budget for but a small fraction of buyers and it's a SKODA.

Benz E class does't deserve to be on list as well, I dont figure what's so special on this one, it's a E-Class, contemporary at that so?

Premier Rio deserves to be on the list for two reasons. First for remainding that Premier still exists and second for its as chinese as a chinese import will be and it could indicative of what's in store in the future.

Though Nano is the favorite as a game changer for the industry, we should look @ cars that we would actually like to buy, Like if you r buying your next car this is what you would want it to be realistically and we are entusiasts ain't it...

The rest while important for the respective manufacturers.

I choose to Cruze.

Last edited by marlinspike : 28th December 2009 at 14:29.
Old 28th December 2009, 14:37   #152
BHPian

Tata Nano... without any second thoughts.

It is the best car for the purpose for which it is built and for the price at which it is available.
Old 28th December 2009, 14:44   #153
BHPian

Undoubtedly the Nano.
Old 28th December 2009, 14:51   #154
Senior - BHPian

What else... for its ingenuity,engineering,VFM and everything it has...NANO
Old 28th December 2009, 16:13   #155
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep it has to be the Nano - not only the car of the year but the car of the decade.

This year had many very nice entrants but nothing beats the nano. On another year the Linea, the Manza, the Xylo, the Fortuner would all have been competing quite strongly - but in the year of the nano there is no chance for the rest.
Old 28th December 2009, 16:17   #156
BHPian

Mahindra Xylo sold good numbers and I think it is a good powerful, reliable and comfortable value for money car.
Old 28th December 2009, 16:27   #157
BHPian

There is no question about it, infact Nano shouldnt be here in the list at all. Its a different class & car altogether. Its not just a car, as GTO rightly said, its a revolution, a worldwide phenomenon. And most importantly and proudly, its INDIAN.

A round of applause to Mr. Ratan Tata. He is one of the very few business tycoons in the world, unlike most of them, whose heart & mind is not just on making money, increasing margins and sales and revenue. He creates value, and Nano is a testimony to that.

Nano, is not just car of the year, but car of the decade.
Old 29th December 2009, 01:08   #158
BHPian

It has to be Punto. With so much and so many posts and views on it in the TBHP forums.
Old 29th December 2009, 03:44   #159
BHPian

TATA NANO for me. Its is poised to change the face of Indian Car Scene
Old 29th December 2009, 10:29   #160
BHPian

I just love the FIAT Linea. I still cannot forget the day when my one year old son, who usually travels in Indica and Zen, taken in my grand dad's FIAT linea, refused to come out and started crying when i tried to lift him out of the car. The car looks and feels very comfortable, even for a one year old kid.
Old 29th December 2009, 11:15   #161
Senior - BHPian

My choice goes to Fiat Linea. The beautiful and graceful presence on the road. First true Italian curves.
Of course, Nano has created history, but its effect on Indian roads is yet to be seen. As I see a few Nanos on road, already struggling to make its way through the already over-crowded (choco-block-full as we say in India) roads all shapes and sizes of vehicles trying to cramp themselves through whatever gaps available between any two vehicles in front.
Old 29th December 2009, 12:44   #162
BHPian

Sorry it became so one sided a poll. Still, Nano it is without an iota of doubt.

Cruze deserves a second place, IMO.
Old 29th December 2009, 21:10   #163
BHPian

Fiat Linea

My vote goes for Fiat Linea. As rightly said, it is the come back car for Fiat. In my opinion, its reliable, stylish, and has got a good value for money.
Old 29th December 2009, 22:47   #164
BHPian

It has to be Nano for me. Alas, it looks like a one sided competition :( i would appreciate a competition down to the decimals.

But if I have to choose an Indian Car of The year, which can it be other than a nano. Only car in the list, which would bring smiles on the faces of any indian who knows what a car really means.

Before I saw it on TV, I winced at the idea itself. When I saw on TV, i thought Tata has bang on the right place. When I first saw in real, I was awestruck, too good looking to be a 1 lac car. It would invite more eyeballs than may be a BMW standing aside. That is where the sheer briilliance lies.
Old 29th December 2009, 23:04   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I agree. However, we have to stick to technicalities here. New engines cannot give a car a re-entry onto the list. For example, the Laura has had two new engines this year, but is yet missing from the list as the car is NOT a 2009 launch.

We have to stick to the 1st Jan - 31st Dec time frame. Of course, the launch we will count is the launch + price release (and not merely a product unveiling).
But GTO, then what would be the process technically to define a launch. As Merc E Class is there in the list, this is also not a completely new car, just an upgraded version of the already launched car. I believe laura also makes a similar case.

i20 has only got new engines this year, no changes in looks or platform that may be the reason?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks