Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:38   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Now, Audi A6 at 37 lakhs (ex-showroom Mumbai)

Limited edition Audi A6 2.7 TDI to be available at a price of Rs.37,00,000/- (ex-showroom Mumbai) from 1st January, 2010.

From their press release:

Quote:
Mumbai – Audi, the German luxury car manufacturer, today announced a Limited Edition offer on the Audi A6 – 2.7 TDI, to mark its 100 year celebrations. The Limited Edition Audi A6 2.7 TDI will be available at an attractive price of Rs.37,00,000/- (ex-showroom Mumbai) from 1st January 2010.

The Audi A6 comes with technologically advanced features like LED daytime running lights, Voice Control, MMI. One can also opt for an additional optional package which includes state-of-the-art features like Audi Parking System Advanced with rear-view camera, Bose sound system, MMI remote control, rear seat entertainment preparation.

The Audi A6 2.7 TDI has proven to be a high-performance engine amongst the spectrum of engines offered in the A6 model range. Recognized for its powerful V6 engine and TDI technology, the 2.7 TDI develops 140 kW (190 hp) from its engine capacity of 2,698 cc. Its maximum torque of 380 Nm is available between 1,400 and 3,500 rpm. This engine powers the A6 from zero to 100 km/h in 7.9 seconds and all the way up to a maximum speed of 227 km/h.

The Limited Edition Audi A6 will be available at Audi Dealerships across the country. The standard equipment on the car remains unchanged when compared to the equipment offered prior to this special initiative, but at a reduced price of Rs.37,00,000/- for a limited period of time. The Audi model range in India comprises the new Audi Q7, the Audi Q5, the new Audi A6, the Audi A8, the Audi A4, the Audi TT and the super sports car Audi R8.
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:00   #2
BHPian

WoW...so Audi joins the BMW/Benz in heavily discounting their mid-segment! When is the next generation A6 expected?

Just as a reference, what are the On road prices for the big 3 now? I believe post discounts its in the OTR Delhi 40-44 range across the board?
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

I guess the 530d is at 43 lakhs and 520d at 37

is the difference big enough for someone to go for the A6 which is probably 1 gen older compared the the 5 series ?
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:06   #4
BHPian

have Audi cut down on some features on this one, to make it cheaper. Also would this be enough to pull the crowd away from the Mercs and the BMWs.

How much would be the on road price for this one.
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:15   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
is the difference big enough for someone to go for the A6 which is probably 1 gen older compared the the 5 series ?
Nope - its the same generation - actually the Audi is younger than the E60 by 2 years and i think the next A6 will be out in 2 yearS? maybe..don't know..just asked the same on my previous post.

Would be great if these bad boys would be priced at this level full time rather than just year end sales!
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
Nope - its the same generation - actually the Audi is younger than the E60 by 2 years and i think the next A6 will be out in 2 yearS? maybe..don't know..just asked the same on my previous post.

Would be great if these bad boys would be priced at this level full time rather than just year end sales!
thanks for correcting

but by the looks of it, the 5 series definetly looks more appealing. the AUDI is too understated for what Indians in that bracket want..

but then for those who had made up their mind on an AUDI is is a definte plus..

also makes those ppl looking at the A4 3.0 TDI want to just stretch a little bit more
Old 23rd December 2009, 20:20   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

also makes those ppl looking at the A4 3.0 TDI want to just stretch a little bit more
actually i think the a4 3.0 tdi will be the same price if not more.
Old 23rd December 2009, 20:38   #8
BHPian

Great, Do I see affect of Volvo S80's huge price cut here?
Old 23rd December 2009, 21:47   #9
MAS
Senior - BHPian

That is good news!

One of my friend had just booked the A6 in "Audi Delhi". The ex-showroom price was Rs. 40.88 and after negotiations, the dealer had agreed for a price of 36.5 Lakhs. He has paid 5 Lakhs as advance and the dealer has promised to deliver the vehicle in 15 days time.

With this new offer from Audi, i hope the dealer reduced the price even further. We would contact the dealer tomorrow morning and i hope he does not play foul with us.
Old 23rd December 2009, 22:52   #10
BHPian

Quote:

but by the looks of it, the 5 series definetly looks more appealing. the AUDI is too understated for what Indians in that bracket want..

but then for those who had made up their mind on an AUDI is is a definte plus..

But don't you think that those segment buyers will look more into that creamy V6 coupled with supple ride quality instead of an inline 4 520d eventhough the later gives stonking performance but at the expense of ride quality.

The Audi makes more torque too. But true blue drivers would vouch for the Beemer any day any price.
Old 24th December 2009, 10:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess the 530d is at 43 lakhs and 520d at 37

Forget 5 series ! The C class costs a bloody 43lac OTR at Mumbai or so. This is gonna make others rethink the pricing (hope ).
Old 24th December 2009, 13:56   #12
BHPian

PHENOMINAL CAR just let down by looks so far . hope it changes that !
i mean look at SUPERB by skoda , was another example of looks letting the whole packege down , they relaunch it , and now ... wonders !!!!
hope A6 revives thet story on sales charts !!!
Old 24th December 2009, 14:35   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
PHENOMINAL CAR just let down by looks so far . hope it changes that !
i mean look at SUPERB by skoda , was another example of looks letting the whole packege down , they relaunch it , and now ... wonders !!!!
hope A6 revives thet story on sales charts !!!
I don't think either the A6 or the Superb look bad. While the Superb isn't a great design, the A6 actually looks pretty stunning.
Old 24th December 2009, 15:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I don't think either the A6 or the Superb look bad. While the Superb isn't a great design, the A6 actually looks pretty stunning.
Superb does not look bad. But for common man Octi/Laura/Superb all looks same.

good move by Audi
Old 24th December 2009, 15:44   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Forget 5 series ! The C class costs a bloody 43lac OTR at Mumbai or so. This is gonna make others rethink the pricing (hope ).
are u sure about a c class costing 43L OTR jkdas??

i think there is some error in the information you provided.

the audi a6 indeed is a brilliant car, and at that price, i am sure it will help them clear their stock. i have this uncanny feeling that audi is upto something. otherwise if they wanted to give discounts, they could have extended them on the a4 n a8 too....right??

Most Viewed