Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2009, 06:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

I would like to see ONE of these DC-Nanos on road. And if/ when I do see one, would like to give a title to the one who bought it - Any suggestions for the title?

The Dil To Pagal Hai cars of DC were, umm, fascinating because that was an era when those cars looked different than what we see on the road, and that was an era when Team BHP was not there yet. Not anymore!
Old 27th December 2009, 15:27   #17
BHPian

Wow, that is ugly crap. Saw a normal Nano on the road the other day and looked amazing.

However I find the price agreeable. I would be ready to take that piece of junk off his hands if he gave me 1 Crore.
Old 27th December 2009, 17:01   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
I would be ready to take that piece of junk off his hands if he gave me 1 Crore.
chncar, this is hilarious i too wouldnt mind taking the car and a crore. I would use part of the money to hide this contraption from the world.

-Pallavi
Old 27th December 2009, 23:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
During recession how come DC's got so much money to throw.

That too spoil a Great Indian Car of the Year.

And why dont TATA's sue him for such folly.
Last time i checked, Indian economy was growing close to double digit.

The recession is not in India. It is in some Western countries.

This kind of assumption only proves that some Indians have "slave dependent" mentality.
Old 27th December 2009, 23:38   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, that is ugly crap. Saw a normal Nano on the road the other day and looked amazing.

However I find the price agreeable. I would be ready to take that piece of junk off his hands if he gave me 1 Crore.
I think DC is overrated. He dishes out some crappy designs, and I wonder whether somebody actually buys them. Most of his designs can easily find their place in the "Pics of weird and wacky mod jobs!" thread.
Old 28th December 2009, 17:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

waste

what a waste of 1 crore.

OT:

Last year DC had visited our office. for a question regarding plans of services for common people like us he firmly said that "i design car for exclusivity and not for common people. So be an uncommon and come to me I will serve you."

as long as people crave for exclusivity n willing to pay any amout for that, DC has no problem selling this cars, however bad it looks for petrol heads

Now i read that he is planning to serve common man in association with Carnation. May be recession made him do that.
Lets wait and watch if we will get to see some wicked and wacky mods on road or some decent designs

i remeber pic of a RR two door shown by him which was supposed to be delivered to a Hollywood star at NY. Oh god, the classic RR was ripped and made as 2 door. it was looking horrible.
Old 28th December 2009, 21:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

Is this the unfortunate RR spoilt by DC effect?
Attached Thumbnails
The 1 Crore Nano!-rolls.jpg  

Old 28th December 2009, 21:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Wow.

The mods should allow cussing on DC related threads. Otherwise, I just have to bottle all these emotions in.

:P

Makes for a good laugh though.
Old 28th December 2009, 22:08   #24
BANNED

Would this be the Tata Nano from DC, and why pay a crore for it?

the Tata Nano by DC on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Old 29th December 2009, 00:12   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
what a waste of 1 crore.

OT:

Last year DC had visited our office. for a question regarding plans of services for common people like us he firmly said that "i design car for exclusivity and not for common people. So be an uncommon and come to me I will serve you."
That is a seriously lame attitude. If somebody had crores of money to spend on customization anyway, there are world renowned brands and firms that they can use for the same.

Discovery/Travel channel has several shows featuring US 'customs' shops that do custom work and restorations on cars and bikes. Of course such mods are costlier than the stock models but still they are affordable enough for normal people, and not just celebrities. If DC focused on doing something like that, maybe people will take him seriously.
Old 29th December 2009, 11:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is a seriously lame attitude. If somebody had crores of money to spend on customization anyway, there are world renowned brands and firms that they can use for the same.

Discovery/Travel channel has several shows featuring US 'customs' shops that do custom work and restorations on cars and bikes. Of course such mods are costlier than the stock models but still they are affordable enough for normal people, and not just celebrities. If DC focused on doing something like that, maybe people will take him seriously.
ya. if he can do shows like overhaulin of Chip foose and mod a car for common people it will surely be a big hit in india.

@anachronix

Yes, this was one of the RR he had shown. He also had advised that they are modding another RR for a Hollywood star in NY. Not sure if its delivered yet!. look at that pic.. yuck such a nice RR looks handicapped

Also he had show diffrenet cars that were delievered to his customers like cayenne ripped and converted to 2 door, Landcruiser or a Pajero fitted with toilets etc

I belive he has good customer base at Middle east / Arabian countries where people are ready to pay money for exclusivity

He showed pics of his laxury bus design. the interiors of bus was looking good though.
Old 30th December 2009, 00:03   #27
BHPian

Read somewhere that DC designed the new chevy beat concept.. I dont know if it true ..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks