Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2005, 13:39   #16
BHPian

One question, they always show the safari taking off, but no one shows it landing. Ever!!!!
Now why is that! ;-)
Old 26th August 2005, 16:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

does anyone remember the old sierra turbo's ad..."possessed, not owned..." or something to that effect....the ad started off with a few guys building a wired cage in an deserted parking lot- about 10 seconds into the plot, and you haven't a clue as to what's going on...then this dude shows up in a red sierra turbo, parks it inside the cage, and one of the guys who built the cage locks up the cage with locks and chains, and hands over the keys to the tuxedo-clad wannabe...and then comes the catchphrase...."the sierra...possessed, not owned..." that one rocked....

even the safari ads have been exemplary...i loved all of them, except this one, where they had shown a guy sitting inside the brute, and a few eons later, after pindrop silence, he opens the door and some pumping music flows out from the cabin....and the catchphrase...the new safari....very silent (or something)....now that was almost as horrible as the indigo's initial ads (the red-couch-bathing-guy)...c'mon...who associates a brute SUV with acoustics...????

my vote would go to the dicor's ad....the frame/scene showing the dicor doing an (amazing) slide....was simply wow....i was blown away.... but if it wasn't for the dicor, i would've preffered the ad where the safari is shown plunging into an african (???) pond....that would've been beautiful, if the hood hadn't popped open in the last frame (and they could've used the newer safari)....and boy, the safari petrol's ad....simply awesome...... i'm totally speechless on that one....

Last edited by veyron1 : 26th August 2005 at 16:08.
Old 26th August 2005, 16:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvhead
One question, they always show the safari taking off, but no one shows it landing. Ever!!!!
Now why is that! ;-)
they do show it landing. At the end of the petrol safari ad, it flies over the camera, lands and drives on, remember?
Old 26th August 2005, 16:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

The one i liked used to be aired about a year back. It was for the Hero Honda CD-Dawn (i think) with the tagline: "Public ka naya transport" and the screen was full of everyone riding on a CD Dawn.
Old 26th August 2005, 17:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Personally, I like the Skoda ads. But if you are asking for the best Ad, I will have to hand it to the Chevy Karva Chauth one. I think it was a brilliant piece of advertising. Think of all the Saas Bahu types who would plumb for the car. And I think they make a bulk of the demographic.
Old 26th August 2005, 17:18   #21
BHPian

Out of the given options i think the Skoda ad is the best ...
Shows complete family luv ..
Cheers
Old 26th August 2005, 18:42   #22
BHPian

how about the DDLJ/K3Gish mushy mushy King Khan ads for Santro ??
Old 26th August 2005, 18:50   #23
Team-BHP Support

Skoda ads are simply the best in my opinion. The Chevy Optra Karva Chauth ad would come second. I also like the old Bolero ad in which the car gets stuck in the stream and the Bolero pushes it out of trouble.
Old 26th August 2005, 19:55   #24
F50
Senior - BHPian

Kuch Log Sumo Chalate Hai
Old 26th August 2005, 20:34   #25
BHPian

Nice thread, could go into the collection of the best threads, Mods please take note of this point..

Well, personally, The best ad ever was the TATA Sierra's "It takes the rough, with the smooth.." where-in the sierra after coming from an executive function goes mud-slinging all over the place before returning back to take the owner for a picnic..

I also like the Safari in the Turbojet ad, where the vehicle grows horns on the top and breaks all the chains and the gate..

My 0.02 cents..
Old 26th August 2005, 20:41   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvhead
Now why is that! ;-)
5 sec edit of Safari coming out of the jungle and nose dives on water.
Old 26th August 2005, 21:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

i dont know if you guys know about the citroen c4 ad with the robot .......not to forget the honda accord ad where all the parts work like clockwork.They werent aired in india though............great ads
Old 26th August 2005, 22:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

The Skoda and the Safari DICOR are really nice. The old safari ad is also pretty good with the heavy music
Old 27th August 2005, 00:02   #29
BHPian

first of all, pretty few options around here...but my choice is SKODA though....real nice ad...boy does that yellow SKODA has good space at the back...
but this is far from the best automobile ads i have seen...
one of the very good ones is the initial Chevrolet Ads in which they tried to make themselves look like an old Indian company, remember, I am your Prayer.....I am Chevrolet!

The Tata Safari Petrol "Roller Coaster" ad was also very nice!

the hyundai elantra ads were also good...Play a Bigger Game...some nice stunts..!

out of print ads, i really like the Ford Fusion print ad that comes like everyday in Delhi Times mentioning abt its features, like Ground Clearance etc...real nice personification!

out of motorcycles, definately the Bajaj Avenger, I Feel Like....Feel Like GOD!

by the way there should also be a thread for the most hated ads, first one would be the Toyota ads, hyundai santro ads and how could u forget the new Zen ads...!
Old 27th August 2005, 00:04   #30
BHPian

for me, it's definitely the skoda ads - awesome, awesome - i keep humming the tune in my head...

i mean, it's perfect - the whole car is encapsulated in the ad line - even the older version...where the punchline went something like ' you've got to be strong to carry your loved ones'

also, the quality standards are superb, the older 1, with the shot of the guy carrying his grandmother was as beautifully tender as the shot where he carried his wife wearing a bikini on the beach.

ditto with everybody kissing ... so natural, so real - these hindi movie guys should take some lessons

btw, hated the tata estate ad...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks