Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2021, 20:53   #661
Senior - BHPian

Re: The best car ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Agree. And one thing I like about Tata ad's - no celebrities. Just regular folks. Though Messi was an exception.
True, they did have some with KL Rahul and Hritik Roshan too but even across other brands its the non-celeb ones that have substance in them.
Focus is on the content and the car rather than the star
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 23:56   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
2022 Toyota Tundra commercial is a trip down memory lane.

- Starting with the first-generation 4Runner mixing it up with dirt bikes.

- Apperance of old Land Cruiser and FJ Cruiser

- A CGI representation of nurse Alynn Pierce's white Tundra blitzing through a forest fire, an act which prompted Toyota to give the hero a brand new truck.

- Revisiting the time the pickup towed the Space Shuttle Endeavor in California.

- NASCAR-spec Tundras racing side-by-side with screaming V8 engines.

- A representation of wildlife hero Steve Irwin's Toyota truck running with kangaroos.

- The trip down memory lane ends with a biblical jump in a Baja racer.

Attachment 2209847

https://Youtu.be/oHrLUA03f4A
Wow just loved the ad, Toyota loves to show the heritage of their cars
Old 22nd September 2021, 10:10   #663
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Kam Se Kaam Banega Campaign to promote fuel efficient cars

Maruti Suzuki has launched a campaign 'Kam Se Kaam Banega' to celebrate three decades of leadership in offering the country's most fuel-efficient cars.

Ahead of 2021 festive season, Maruti has launched new tag line and campaign to promote their fuel efficenit cars called Kam Se Kaam Banega.

The best car ads-smartselect_20210922102407_chrome.jpg

Srivastava said MSI has been able to improve fuel efficiency figures in some of its models by up to 30 per cent in the last decade due to various technological innovations like a smart hybrid, S-CNG, K-Series engines and HEARTECT platform.

Quote:
"The second phase of CAFE norms are due in 2022 and the third phase in 2027. So, obviously every OEM would have to improve the fuel efficiency of their cars. We are currently quite comfortable in this regard," Srivastava stated.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 22nd September 2021 at 10:34.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 10:22   #664
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Kam se Kaam Banega Campaign

My blood boils whenever Maruti boasts about fuel efficiency while completely ignoring the safety of their cars. I want to post something really strong reply, but I fear of getting Team bhp infractions.
Old 22nd September 2021, 10:24   #665
BHPian

No offence to Maruti fans here but this tag line should also be for their car's build quality.
sen2693 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 10:27   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2693 View Post
No offence to Maruti fans here but this tag line should also be for their car's build quality.
For their build quality & attitude towards safety, a slight correction in this tag line would be needed: "Kam se kam chalega"
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 10:32   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Srivastava said MSI has been able to improve fuel efficiency figures in some of its models by up to 30 per cent in the last decade due to various technological innovations like a smart hybrid, S-CNG, K-Series engines and HEARTECT platform.
Whats the big deal in 30% growth in FE if you factor in CNG vehicles?

Add to that the fact that they have reduced the weight of their cars by almost 30% also

(yes I am looking at you Baleno!!)
Old 22nd September 2021, 11:34   #668
BHPian

Meanwhile Tata motors should reply to Maruti

Kam "Stars" se kaam, driver aur car sab bighdega

Last edited by RD150 : 22nd September 2021 at 11:36.
Old 22nd September 2021, 11:39   #669
Senior - BHPian

As soon as news broke, Maruti Suzuki won't be launching diesel engines in their cars; it was expected for them to get back to marketing petrol.

Previous campaign line was "Calculate kiya kya?"

The best car ads-marutipetrolvsdieselpricecalculator6.jpg
Old 22nd September 2021, 13:50   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki has launched a campaign 'Kam Se Kaam Banega' to celebrate three decades of leadership in offering the country's most fuel-efficient cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
My blood boils whenever Maruti boasts about fuel efficiency while completely ignoring the safety of their cars. I want to post something really strong reply, but I fear of getting Team bhp infractions.
I understand we're all disappointed in Maruti for their subpar safety ratings in India but keep in mind that the hot-stamped steel and dense spot welds that they need to achieve good structural integrity, and the pedal design that's causing them to lose scores have little to no effect on kerb mass and hence fuel economy. It's simply a measure to save (read cut) costs. The Heartect platform, when fitted with hot-stamped steel at the designated places and when properly spot-welded, can score very well on safety (case in point, the European Swift that scored 13.4 for frontal impact while weighing the same as the Indian car). Technically, they're not wrong when they say they meet AIS-098, but when they have the know-how and the crash test facilities, it's a shame they don't go beyond regulation. But I think it's unfair to criticise them for making fuel-efficient cars.

But, while the unstable structure is an area of concern, that's not the main reason causing most Indian Marutis to perform poorly in crash tests - it's high pedal displacement! The Swift, i10 Nios, Seltos and Ertiga have all had very high pedal displacement values. This, coupled with an footwell rupture modifier, brings down their score quite a bit. I have no idea why exactly this is happening, but it's probably something that can be fixed with internal crash testing. Breakaway pedals (that are designed to drop in a crash), for instance, can help. The Swift, after modifiers, scored a neat 0.00 out of 4 for foot protection! Protection to other body regions was similar to, say, the 4-star Tata Tiago, including modifiers for an unstable structure and footwell. There is a ray of hope because their most recent car tested, the S-Presso, had good pedal displacement (but it faced an unstable footwell modifier). Although, it scored a zero due to one of the neck parameters crossing capping limits. But if they manage to sort out the pedal displacement issues consistently for new models, I think we won't be far from the day we see the more affordable Marutis scoring 3 and 4 stars (even with structural modifiers). I do have a small bit of hope for the new Celerio scoring better, although history suggests otherwise. But pressure from affordable rivals like the Renault Triber may force Maruti to rethink (The Triber not only had pedal displacement<100mm but also a stable footwell, scoring the full 4.00 points for foot protection).

Regardless of the reason for the ratings, I think it's a shame Maruti does not recognise the presence of a market for safer, yet fuel efficient and reliable cars. With most competition, including Renault-Nissan (whose CEO once said that those expecting safe cars in India are living in a dream world) improving on safety and consequently sales, Maruti should realise that 'Kam se kaam nahi banega'. There is definitely a steadily improving market for safer cars. But I don't think it's as hard as we think for Maruti to make safer cars. In production, maybe, but at the design stage, some improvements could go a long way.

Moderators: I have gone way off topic with the second paragraph, but I do think it could help readers. If it is deemed inappropriate for this thread, please feel free to move it to a relevant thread.

Last edited by ron178 : 22nd September 2021 at 14:19.
ron178 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 14:11   #671
Distinguished - BHPian

A Tata Harrier Dark edition advertisement featuring the NSG for the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsava.

It's a car rally across 18 states with 47 NSG commandos and 15 Harriers, to be called Sudarshan Bharat Parikrama.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 27th September 2021 at 14:18.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:50   #672
Senior - BHPian

The new Ad from Jeep celebrating 80 Years and giving a peek into the future is amazing. The background Music Track by Bastille also matches the context perfectly.

vsrivatsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 21:24   #673
BHPian

Recently came across this Ad. Excellent locations and a really nice and deep voiceover. Only the front grille though

Have a look:
Carpainter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 22:33   #674
BHPian

I know they don't advertise in Indian media much, but Volvo's have some of the classiest ads I have ever seen. They are like short films themselves.

This particular one, I saw a few years ago and had goosebumps the first time I saw it

May be it's an unconscious bias but I ended up buying a Volvo a few years down the line
gismosin is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 03:17   #675
Distinguished - BHPian

Mercedes Benz C32 AMG W203 Official Video, 2018,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks