Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2011, 18:54   #316
BHPian

re: The best car ads

New Hyundai Ad "New Thinking. New Possibilities"
Rather than this "New Thinking. New Possibilities", the voice that plays in background something like "We don't make different cars, we make cars that make difference" kicks better as a punch line!
Its not among the best one to me, but liked the concept of striking that antenna thing on to metal plates [at 30s in video].

Quote:
It reminds me of a brass toy with a central roller having small studs protruding from cylindrical surface in irregular pattern. The roller is placed touching to a comb shaped brass plate having many thin teeth. Now when the roller turns slowly, the protruded studs strike to teeth in some regular pattern and produce such a sweet sound.
Old 9th March 2011, 21:21   #317
BHPian

I vote for the new manza Ad - "Do we have?". It should be added to the poll as well.
Old 10th March 2011, 12:49   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

What's that car shown in hyundai ad.?
Looks like a new Sonata or Azera but it's showing the rear tyres screeching during the launch.
AFAIK, only the Genesis/Coupe, Equus are RWD.
Old 10th March 2011, 15:46   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
The tata dicor. Where do u see urself/the corner cabin/the airport lounge wala ad!

What an ad. I quit my job soon thereafter because the msg was driven home- is it worth striving for a corner cabin.

Of course a year later I am joining back in the same kind of job again after finishing up all my savings.
Can't believe someone can do it in real life, that too by drawing inspiration from a TV Ad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
That rang a bell, you mean you really did it....

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post1622802
But the above link supports your claim. I wish you could have contacted TATAs or at least their Safari Ad Agency before going on the sabbatical, they would have offered you a relevant job with themselves. Not joking.
Old 10th March 2011, 23:43   #320
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
I vote for the new manza Ad - "Do we have?". It should be added to the poll as well.
+1 i agree.. it is directed well at the japs were they hinting at honda city specifically?
Old 11th March 2011, 01:38   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The tata dicor. Where do u see urself/the corner cabin/the airport lounge wala ad!

What an ad. I quit my job soon thereafter because the msg was driven home- is it worth striving for a corner cabin.

Of course a year later I am joining back in the same kind of job again after finishing up all my savings.
wow. but the fact that you took a full year off and did something speaks more than what you can imagine. Kudos to you !

also - loved these two chevy cruze adverts.

and

the guys expression is priceless when the music comes on!

Last edited by madan80 : 11th March 2011 at 01:43. Reason: added video linkys
Old 11th March 2011, 11:46   #322
BHPian

Quote:

Too good brother..I too have the vehicle but not the finance :(. Hence am not able to go on a sabbatical. Now that you've done it for real, guess I'll start saving and then take one after a year or so
Old 13th March 2011, 11:53   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

I didn't know where to put this link,I thought this was a good advertisement for Figo.

<div style="background:#000000;width:440px;height:272px "><embed flashVars="playerVars=showStats=no|autoPlay=no|" src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/4989288/ford_figo.swf" width="440" height="272" wmode="transparent" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" name="Metacafe_4989288" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></div><div style="font-size:12px;"><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/4989288/ford_figo/">Ford Figo</a>. Watch more top selected videos about: <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/topics/Cars_-_Ford_Figo/" title="Cars_-_Ford_Figo">Cars - Ford Figo</a></div>

Mods: Please move it any appropriate thread.
Old 13th March 2011, 12:16   #324
Team-BHP Support

The new Tata Mazna ad cracks me up! But I don't think the Japanese would take it well. I'm not sure how true it is either. You can't compare a Jap sedan and the Mazna. The Jap engineered car would always be superior.

And going by current headlines, I think they should take it off the air.
Old 13th March 2011, 13:08   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
+1 i agree.. it is directed well at the japs were they hinting at honda city specifically?
+1. I agree too. The ad is directed at Maruti (Read: Dzire), not at Honda, really.
Old 13th March 2011, 13:39   #326
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The new Tata Mazna ad cracks me up! But I don't think the Japanese would take it well. I'm not sure how true it is either. You can't compare a Jap sedan and the Mazna. The Jap engineered car would always be superior.

And going by current headlines, I think they should take it off the air.
You are wrong. The Dzire is NEVER better than the Manza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi413 View Post
+1. I agree too. The ad is directed at Maruti (Read: Dzire), not at Honda, really.
Lets all talk the truth here.

We all know Manza is a much much refined and a better product than the Ugly Dzire.

The ad is funny and hits the Bulls eye.
Old 13th March 2011, 13:59   #327
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

We all know Manza is a much much refined and a better product than the Ugly Dzire.

+1

SX4 Diesel ad. This one is quiet acceptable.

This one definitely not IMHO.

Old 13th March 2011, 15:08   #328
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

Oh I was under the impression that it was targeted at Hondas and Toyotas, and not at Marutis. In that case, why are there Japanese people in the ad when it's targeted at Maruti? The Dzire, is more Indian than Japanese, if you ask me.

So i would still stand by my statement. A Jap product was and is better than a Tata. But Tata has come a long way over the years, and it won't be long before the Japs and Koreans are outdone by Tata. But right now, the Dzire (which is essentially a Swift with a boot) is more refined than the Manza, (which again, is essentially an Indica Vista with a boot)

Last edited by suhaas307 : 13th March 2011 at 15:11.
Old 13th March 2011, 15:21   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi413 View Post
Now at the Etios too, except that Etios has the space as well as the Manza.
@suhaas307- Don't think that's necessary, even though past unfortunate events have taken place, this ad is in good taste.
If it was something to do with a disaster in Japan, then that ad could be taken off the air.
Old 14th March 2011, 14:18   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Oh I was under the impression that it was targeted at Hondas and Toyotas, and not at Marutis. In that case, why are there Japanese people in the ad when it's targeted at Maruti? The Dzire, is more Indian than Japanese, if you ask me.

So i would still stand by my statement. A Jap product was and is better than a Tata. But Tata has come a long way over the years, and it won't be long before the Japs and Koreans are outdone by Tata. But right now, the Dzire (which is essentially a Swift with a boot) is more refined than the Manza, (which again, is essentially an Indica Vista with a boot)
I have a doubt . Why people think the people in Ad as Japs and not the koreans ? Sorry , if i had missed out any thing in the Ad which tells them explicitly as Japs .

If they really mean Japs , then it surely going to be the DZire they target for as i feel City is a segment ahead of the manza .

But i still admire the TATA's for thier Ad taste , be it the Eyes/mouth open guy for Vista or this latest Ad , or the eye catching one for Vista 90 , they take the advertising to next level .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks