Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2011, 14:45   #331
Senior - BHPian

re: The best car ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The Dzire, is more Indian than Japanese, if you ask me.)
But many average Indians think that Dzire is straight from Tokyo

I like the new Suzuki Kizashi ad, Red colour add to the luxuary theme they are projecting.
Old 14th March 2011, 15:25   #332
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post

I like the new Suzuki Kizashi ad, Red colour add to the luxuary theme they are projecting.
I expected the Kizashi ad to be something on the lines of SX4 ads - "men are back" but was surprised to see it later. I liked the ad too. Seems to be a no-nonsense ad with direct emphasis on the vehicle and nothing else.

"India's first luxury sports sedan" caption at the end
Old 14th March 2011, 15:44   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
So i would still stand by my statement. A Jap product was and is better than a Tata. But Tata has come a long way over the years, and it won't be long before the Japs and Koreans are outdone by Tata. But right now, the Dzire (which is essentially a Swift with a boot) is more refined than the Manza, (which again, is essentially an Indica Vista with a boot)
Exactly.

I also think that this AD better be off air, with the current happenings.

And, this alleged PR attack is nowhere as refined and interesting as those between the German car makers!
Old 14th March 2011, 15:52   #334
Team-BHP Support

Well, TATA ads are quite well done but are they correct representation of the product? I doubt so (just my personal opinion). But have to give it to creative folks behind these ads. They are indeed so awesome with their craft.

I actually liked the SX4 advt., when the car was launched a few years back. But the new SX4 diesel ad. I find it absolutely silly - girl waiting for the guy, and someone come and ask SX4 Diesel? Right in the opposite spectrum of TATA ads
Old 14th March 2011, 15:54   #335
BHPian

I like the TATA ad's. Who's their agency anyways??

The Manza Ad hit the nail in the head. Very nicely executed.

The Safari AD's are classic and have a cult following by now

Lastly I like the Honda Jazz ad. The one in which these children are playing with shopping carts and in the next scene they show a Red Jazz with some trumpets blowing.. Nicely done.
Old 14th March 2011, 16:05   #336
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
@suhaas307- Don't think that's necessary, even though past unfortunate events have taken place, this ad is in good taste.
If it was something to do with a disaster in Japan, then that ad could be taken off the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Exactly.

I also think that this AD better be off air, with the current happenings.

And, this alleged PR attack is nowhere as refined and interesting as those between the German car makers!
The ad may be in good taste, but I believe that, at the moment, it can be avoided. Think about it, you wouldn't want an ad that might hurt sentiments during a national crisis, right? Just my thoughts!

DRIV3R agrees with me too!

And yes, the German ad-wars are so well executed! But I really admire Tata's brilliant ad campaigns. They've always had superb stuff on the air. Do you remember the petrol-engine powered Safari's ad ages ago? The roller-coaster one? That was hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnana View Post
I have a doubt . Why people think the people in Ad as Japs and not the koreans ? Sorry , if i had missed out any thing in the Ad which tells them explicitly as Japs .

If they really mean Japs , then it surely going to be the DZire they target for as i feel City is a segment ahead of the manza .

But i still admire the TATA's for thier Ad taste , be it the Eyes/mouth open guy for Vista or this latest Ad , or the eye catching one for Vista 90 , they take the advertising to next level .
You've got an excellent point there. But right now, there isn't a Hyundai in that price bracket, is there? I'm not sure if you could categorize the Verna in that bracket, I believe that it's a notch higher. Only just.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
But many average Indians think that Dzire is straight from Tokyo

Why am I not surprised. The Dzire was designed by an in-house design-team right?
Old 14th March 2011, 16:10   #337
naj
BHPian

Hi!

The Manza advt is a well made and thought about advt . In fact Most TATA advts including the reclaim one are indeed great. I feel that the reclaim one does successfully invoke a feeling of aspiration for the product.It tries to connect to you emotionally.

I hope you all remember the Tata Seria advt which used to be aired a long time ago.That was also a wonderful advt. "The Seria is to be possessd not owned".The owner did secure his parked car behind chain-link fence in the parking bay.

Some good advts from Tata.

Cheers

Last edited by naj : 14th March 2011 at 16:12.
Old 14th March 2011, 18:56   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnana View Post
I have a doubt . Why people think the people in Ad as Japs and not the koreans ? Sorry , if i had missed out any thing in the Ad which tells them explicitly as Japs .

If they really mean Japs , then it surely going to be the DZire they target for as i feel City is a segment ahead of the manza .
Also not only the price range, the assistant keeps on telling to the boss. "Tanukan-san."
"san" being our "Shri" equivalent in Japan.
Old 16th March 2011, 19:27   #339
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I expected the Kizashi ad to be something on the lines of SX4 ads - "men are back" but was surprised to see it later. I liked the ad too. Seems to be a no-nonsense ad with direct emphasis on the vehicle and nothing else.
Though the ad is good from a pictorial point of view, I really surprise why Maruti went for this kind of an ad. Because, in this ad, Kizashi is associated with other cars from the Maruti stable like Alto, Eeco, Ritz etc, which, people will normally do. What Maruti has to do is to liberate Kizashi from their low-cost cars, and create an independent identity of a luxury car.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 16th March 2011 at 19:31.
Old 16th March 2011, 20:06   #340
Senior - BHPian

Honda city's 'The race' advertisement along with string's music is simply amazing. Also the recent SX4 diesel advertisement series is also very good and innovative.

I also like Chevrolet cruze advertisement.

Last edited by bluevolt : 16th March 2011 at 20:08.
Old 25th April 2011, 00:20   #341
BHPian

This entire post is , apologies. I had completely missed this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
That rang a bell, you mean you really did it....

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post1622802
Yup! I thought and still think your point was very well made in that thread. A lot of us (a sample segment of decently educated upwardly mobile professionals) are doing things (professionally) which we should not be doing. But then circumstances are to an extent to blame, and its probably too much to expect that each and every individual push himself to find his groove the hard way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Can't believe someone can do it in real life, that too by drawing inspiration from a TV Ad.

But the above link supports your claim. I wish you could have contacted TATAs or at least their Safari Ad Agency before going on the sabbatical, they would have offered you a relevant job with themselves. Not joking.
Haha! In retrospect I would say the timing of the ad was just right. You know, the way people find meaning in collateral events, when their minds are already convinced.

I wish I had thought of asking Tata Motors to sponsor something like this. In fact I had just finished up a huge transaction working with Tata Motors for around 4 months before I quit. They are right guys, slightly hierarchical and hence take some time but are all really committed to the company, most of them being long termers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
wow. but the fact that you took a full year off and did something speaks more than what you can imagine. Kudos to you !
Thanks! As you can see, I am also happy with myself that I managed something like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon View Post
Too good brother..I too have the vehicle but not the finance :(. Hence am not able to go on a sabbatical. Now that you've done it for real, guess I'll start saving and then take one after a year or so
Definitely Rideon, its worth it. Gives perspective to a lot of things. Some of us who have left our parental homes when we started higher education, have now, in my case, spent 9 years outside of home, in a different state. I realised all those family friends, relatives who were so intimate while growing up had been missing all this time. And...there is a very different sense to all the travel you do, the kind of time that you can spend in each place (4 days in Hampi, which people finish off in a day, a month in Manali..will explain this a travelogue I will put up in due course).

Someday I will take another sabbatical, say for around 6 months, hopefully before marriage happens, and buy a Safari, and push the envelope this time by structuring an unplanned time (with lessons learn't from this one). Awesome. Dreams that we live on and can also live through.

Last edited by manolin : 25th April 2011 at 00:28.
Old 25th April 2011, 17:12   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

I love the below Ad -- MEN ARE BACK !!

Old 25th April 2011, 17:55   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^
Especially love the scene when the car confronts the truck and first does a small jerk,then successive wheelspins.
The only one stunt scene with FWD car that i liked and one that only a FWD car can do.

Last edited by DicKy : 25th April 2011 at 18:01.
Old 26th April 2011, 10:11   #344
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

A good car ad in recent times was the Fiat Linea ad - the father peering wistfully into the showroom and the child pulling him away - role reversal beautifully illustrated.

Another lovely ad is the new Passat - sound proof both inside and outside. Excellent portrayal.

Bad ads (in my opinion) are the SX4 - car facing lorry and the un-gentlemanlike behaviour towards a lady when zooming out of the parking lot. The SX4 Ads have not been in the best of taste in my opinion.
Another lousy ad is the Scorpio in the desert and the fellow putting a golf ball using the wrong club - desperately "wannabe" sort of ad.
Old 26th April 2011, 10:32   #345
Senior - BHPian

The Chevrolet Cruze ad should be banned. I would have appreciated if they had shown it on a race track or something. Its like marketing rash driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks