Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2012, 13:46   #391
Team-BHP Support

re: The best car ads

This was and still is a fantastic advert.

suhaas307 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 14:31   #392
Senior - BHPian

Flame me for saying this, but I do not appreciate Bike or Car ads where they show illegal or dangerous activities. To name a few: Making circles on the road with your rear tyres, riding the bike on stairs, just missing the mountain cliff, riding on one wheel, racing the bike at break neck speeds, screeching the tyres while hard braking etc.
This is akin to the sot drink commercials where a sip of the cola will enable you to become superman or the male deo ads which makes you irresistible to women.

I loved the ad by Aamir Khan for Mahindra Stallio. At the end of the ad, he says Drive safe, and "Everything I did in this ad can be done at home". How many manufacturers can boast of this?

Now to the topic: I love the Skoda Rapid-Built for the thoughtful, especially the background song. Also love the Nisaan Sunny Caaar ad.
hrman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 14:47   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Came across this excellent video by Mahindra. This is the best of Mahindras, IMO.

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=Ez2IbQULlzk
Thats a really awesome ad, loved it and watched it multiple times.

Here is one of my all time favourite ads, "Aage nikal rahe hai hum, khud se hi aage har kadam", wonderful lyrics.

Last edited by asdfvinay : 8th November 2012 at 14:55. Reason: Not getting the video upload right
Old 9th November 2012, 09:22   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Its good, but nothing compared to the safari series (Reclaim your life, specially) / even Pulsarmania ad for that matter. .
You are correct. I said that too soon. After watching it again I now hate the abrupt ending just when it was getting started.
Old 9th November 2012, 11:07   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
This was and still is a fantastic advert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Its good, but nothing compared to the safari series (Reclaim your life, specially) / even Pulsarmania ad for that matter. Doing circles is nice, but Pulsarmania was dance and the safari 'reclaim your life' ad - well - the way it jumps into the scene, the awesome soundtrack - it is the best till date.

As for lyrics, nothing beats TATA Safari 'Lines' IMO.
Totally agree. The Tata Safari has always had beautiful ads. The 'Make your own road' series was one of my favourites at that time. The 'Reclaim your life' series too was superb.
Old 11th November 2012, 18:42   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Came across this excellent video by Mahindra. This is the best of Mahindras, IMO.
Great Ad. Only thing that seemed a little 'not required' scene was washing the car in the mountain stream.

Was there an awesome looking modified Bolero in that? Looks like Bhpian Robinson's Invader with a color change

I want a Thar....boohooo!!!
Old 11th November 2012, 22:14   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This definitely pips every other ad to claim the number one spot in my heart!
This Ad makes me want to buy a Mahindra Jeep and go on a trip like this, to enjoy life. Seriously one of the best visuals (especially with the Jeep in the muddy jungle) and music.

Fabulous Ad, which sends out to a positive vibe about our nation's biggest UV maker
Old 17th November 2012, 15:42   #398
gemi_kk

Off Topic: Just saw a Add in HBO just now.

Professor in class, gives a topic to debate. The left hand side of the class should try supporting it and the other side of the class should start opposing it.

He says, do it in parliament way. As soon as one of the student starts speaking, people from other side come and start fighting with others.

The Background music + the way it was presented + The tag line at the end made me feel bad just because i am an indian. It says, India Beware, Youth is watching. The HINDU. something like this.

Old 17th November 2012, 18:29   #399
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman
Flame me for saying this, but I do not appreciate Bike or Car ads where they show illegal or dangerous activities. To name a few: Making circles on the road with your rear tyres, riding the bike on stairs, just missing the mountain cliff, riding on one wheel, racing the bike at break neck speeds, screeching the tyres while hard braking etc.
This is akin to the sot drink commercials where a sip of the cola will enable you to become superman or the male deo ads which makes you irresistible to women.

I loved the ad by Aamir Khan for Mahindra Stallio. At the end of the ad, he says Drive safe, and "Everything I did in this ad can be done at home". How many manufacturers can boast of this?

Now to the topic: I love the Skoda Rapid-Built for the thoughtful, especially the background song. Also love the Nisaan Sunny Caaar ad.
Excellent post.
There is this new ad for some dunderhead motorbike with Ranbir Kapoor and some random girl trying to do some James Bond- esque stunts. Poorly produced, idiotic ad.
There is then this new ad for some small scooty type thing where two couples are riding around and there appears to be some kind of rivalry between the two girls riding pillion and so on. Another idiotic ad which is bound to inspire the halfwitted youths in School or College to try something similar and prang themselves and their bikes!
There should be a blanket ban on such ads...

Who remembers a Surf excel or maybe Ariel ad which had a group of well off college going halfwitted youth campers despoiling a beautiful mountain stream by washing some silly stain off using this Ariel or Surf? That sort of ad also should be completely burned because it sets a wrong example!

Sorry but I am quite puritanical in these matters!
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2012, 18:46   #400
Senior - BHPian

Reclaim you life from TATA SAFARI where the safari jumps out of ground was the best till date. I still get goose bumps.

I remember a TV AD where a safari was locked in a cage in a parking lot. Does any recall it and if you have the video, could you post it ?

Last edited by GTO : 19th November 2012 at 14:30. Reason: Adding video as requested
F150 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2012, 18:54   #401
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk
Off Topic: Just saw a Add in HBO just now.

Professor in class, gives a topic to debate. The left hand side of the class should try supporting it and the other side of the class should start opposing it.

He says, do it in parliament way. As soon as one of the student starts speaking, people from other side come and start fighting with others.

The Background music + the way it was presented + The tag line at the end made me feel bad just because i am an indian. It says, India Beware, Youth is watching. The HINDU. something like this.
+1.

Noticed this ad today. Nice treatment- goes with the unbiased and no-nonsense nature of 'the Hindu' newspaper.

I think its India behave, and not beware as you've typed. Could be wrong, saw it only once.
Old 1st February 2013, 19:21   #402
BHPian

Not sure if this was posted earlier.

MODS: Kindly move to appropriate thread if this is not the place

This is an old maruti ad with a brilliant underlying msg which so true for all cars

PC77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 10:26   #403
BHPian

Some more vintage ads

Peugeot

Sun film Garware

PC77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 23:21   #404
BHPian

The Mahindra " Live Young Live Free" is really the best one there ever is !!!
Old 9th February 2013, 09:43   #405
BHPian

This is not exactly an Indian vehicle ad, but the company is soon coming to India. Plus I love the brilliant BGM from The Pacific.

Here is the Jeep 2013 Superbowl commercial.
Love the new designs.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 9th February 2013 at 09:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks