Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2013, 19:41   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The best car ads

Just saw the new i20 AD ,the one with ghost holding candle. I guess it takes post of most stuipd advert from older i20 TVC with the tied guy driving car.
Old 3rd July 2013, 22:28   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Just saw the new i20 AD ,the one with ghost holding candle. I guess it takes post of most stuipd advert from older i20 TVC with the tied guy driving car.
Yes I'd seen it too. It is the worst ad in the history of human existence on earth.

EagleEye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 16:43   #423
BHPian

Love that new Verito Vibe ad. Nice jingle and more importantly echoes the brilliant sentiment of being a considerate and safe driver.

The purpose of most car ads is two-fold: To raise awareness about your product, so they need to break the clutter and be memorable, so your brand enters the customer's consideration set. The second, lesser goal, is to convey what you want customers to feel when they drive your product - audi focuses on reliability, the lamborghini on speed and the more every day brands on various other elements - style, youth, family, stability etc., This combination of having to break clutter and associating with a 'theme' can result in a good ad like the verito vibe or a ghastly one like the i20.
Old 4th July 2013, 17:57   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone remembers this one:

First generation Indica ad.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 18:09   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

This ad made me an Indica anorak and fan for the better part of the 2000s.
Also made me had the wrong impression that the car had a starting system where you turn a knob to start rather than cranking with the key. (when he adjusts the aircon controls)
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 18:22   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
This ad made me an Indica anorak and fan for the better part of the 2000s.
Also made me had the wrong impression that the car had a starting system where you turn a knob to start rather than cranking with the key. (when he adjusts the aircon controls)
How right you are! I was 15 when the Indica was launched in 1998 and it looked so different from the erstwhile cars (read: M800) that it had me drooling for quite some time, probably till the 2000. I used to read in stories that how the car's idea was perceived and how much Ratan Tata himself was associated in this project. Add patriotic angle to it, being India's first indigenous car. Also, the first gen. Indica was launched with a 1405CC engine, which was significantly higher than the competition ...all these made me drag Dad to the Tata showroom. Oh! Good ol' days! With no offence to the owners, thankfully we did not buy one. But Tata Indica ads in those era were all amazing.

Another print ad which I saw in a auto mag. in those days, (if memory serves me right) was quite interesting. The funny thing was that the car was never shown in the ad. Just a pic with a closed garage door with tyre skid marks on the approach road like those made by aircrafts while landing at the runway. That was fantastic.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 19:11   #427
BHPian

Any idea why do manufacturers use old registration numbers in their car ads?

The latest example is the Alto K10 ad where the car has an MH 01 MA regn and IIRC this MA series was used in 2003-04.
Old 4th July 2013, 20:59   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
...all these made me drag Dad to the Tata showroom. Oh! Good ol' days! With no offence to the owners, thankfully we did not buy one. But Tata Indica ads in those era were all amazing.
Regards,
Saket
Well, we did end up buying one, an Indicab V2 in 2004, for tourist taxi usage.
5k kms everything rattling made me go red in the face.(Tata fanboy in the family u know) and the works started from 20k kms. In its defence it was a taxi, but still.
Sold it to the driver itself in 2009, still chugging along at 1.5kms with periodic maintenance.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 23:08   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I remember a TV AD where a safari was locked in a cage in a parking lot. Does any recall it and if you have the video, could you post it ?
I guess you are referring to this advertisement,

My apologies for the reply after an year since you posted

-Sajan
Old 6th July 2013, 18:11   #430
BHPian

Excellent ad i must say. The thought is really noble and the tagline is likeable as well.

I like the fact that the mahindra ads have improved now. I absolutely loved their macho stance with the verito ad. The XUV5OO ad was a complete flop in my opinion.
Old 6th July 2013, 20:07   #431
BHPian

The Tata Safari ads were the best of the lot for me. The ads were simply superb and appealed to me in a strange way.
Old 7th July 2013, 02:42   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranjal1984 View Post
The Tata Safari ads were the best of the lot for me. The ads were simply superb and appealed to me in a strange way.
I used the same ad to make a presentation for my "integrated marketing communication" subject in my 2nd year of MBA.
It was such a pleasure to communicate the feeling derived from the "Lines" advertisement. I was relieved that even general audience comprehended the deepest thought which the ad was trying to convey.
vantheman5211 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 09:19   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
Yes I'd seen it too. It is the worst ad in the history of human existence on earth.

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=-YA_P5-WCCY
What the &#^&*$#^*$ crap ad is this??? How could someone even come up with this? Most likey they never even saw the final video and just released it into the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
Love that new Verito Vibe ad. Nice jingle and more importantly echoes the brilliant sentiment of being a considerate and safe driver.
The quality of Madhindra ads (excepting the cheetah + XUV ad) have really gone up. They are like the new Bajaj (from the early 00s). An awesome jingle, great photography (the Mahindra family ad), and sticking to ethos. Love em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman5211 View Post
I used the same ad to make a presentation for my "integrated marketing communication" subject in my 2nd year of MBA.
It was such a pleasure to communicate the feeling derived from the "Lines" advertisement. I was relieved that even general audience comprehended the deepest thought which the ad was trying to convey.
Ahhhhh... makes me want to replay all those Safari ads again in HD and 5.1... Among the ads I've seen, the Safari ads (probably all of em) were the best ads ever that I've seen on TV. Those guys were advertising gods to me. Made the hair stand up and goosebumps all around. A pity the product has stagnated over the last 10 years.

OT: I am not posting the link for the very same reason, but if you have a chance, look up the Porsche Cayenne ad (where it says something like "We did not want another SUV, we wanted another Porsche"). OMG.... was that a soul stirring ad or what?
Old 7th July 2013, 09:53   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman5211 View Post

The lines ad was simply outstanding. Another great ad was the one where the safari jumps on the scene. Those ads led me to believe that owning a safari must be a really great privilege.
Old 7th July 2013, 11:29   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
I guess you are referring to this advertisement,

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=KYuXVlvCftQ

My apologies for the reply after an year since you posted

-Sajan
I think he is referring to Sierra Adv.
tushky is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed