Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2017, 00:30   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The best car ads

Though old, its one of my all time favorite add. I just loved the tag line 'Lets Go'. After seeing this add, a decade back i was more inclined to buy an Alto and it was my first own personal car. Had my Alto for 3 years 3 months and covered almost all the states in south India. It never let me down and the tag line 'lets go' was pretty apt for me.

Last edited by Samba : 24th December 2017 at 00:37.
Samba is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 22:40   #497
BHPian

Recently I came across this ad by VW and really found it clever. To be honest, I feel that VW makes some of the best cars & car commercials . Lets see more such videos.

The ad is titled Kids dreams

navdeep.rana is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 09:36   #498
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep.rana View Post
Recently I came across this ad by VW and really found it clever.
Thanks for the morning treat - what an ad to start the day with. As is typical of VW's ads, this one too is superb & makes one smile. Could relate to a lot of those experiences, am sure it's the same for all of us as kids.

The expressions on their faces are simply priceless.

Pretty cool that they used non-VAG cars too in the ad (e.g. DeLorean).

Last edited by GTO : 16th January 2018 at 09:40.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 12:38   #499
BHPian

I am not sure if this was posted earlier. Could not find in this thread. Not exactly for an Indian car but related to Customer Service provided by Porsche (which is now in India too).

Liked the video a lot
Simhi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 12:58   #500
BHPian

Here's another brilliant as from Volkswagen.
New Polo
Flyer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 15:02   #501
BHPian

Honda City TVC Jan 2018 - Honda City turns 20!

Simhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 14:14   #502
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Honda City TVC Jan 2018 - Honda City turns 20!
What would the world want from the Honda City in twenty years? Rewind the clock and restore the legend it once was.
kiku007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 15:36   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatoR View Post
Also used to like the first Palio Ad with Schumi in it - was really cool.
That was the best ad - in fact Schumi's performance in the ad is terrific!! While the ones posted / quoted here do have an element of humor, Palio Ads were always rib tickling - take a look at these two :

I have used the former in some training sessions (in different contexts), and I think it features in the Top 10 of humorous auto ads.... even if you see it today there is a connect - DON'T TOUCH MY CAR!
vrprabhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 16:28   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
Hi Guys,

I've made a fan video/concept TVC for the Tata Safari. Being a hard core fan of ALL Tata Safari ads, right from the initial ads, till Reclaim Your Life, Lines & Remember, these ads have left an impact on my mind.
Happened to see this post today. It is a great attempt at combining clips from all the Safari generations. Something on these lines is necessary today to present the Safari as an aspirational brand once again. It is a majestic car that was and is being let down by Tata for now perceivable reason. Mahindra Scorpio sells more units in a month than the Storme in a quarter. The problem is that most millenials do not perceive the Safari to be a capable vehicle.

Last edited by Samurai : 22nd January 2018 at 18:06. Reason: avoid quoting videos
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 16:10   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
Happened to see this post today. It is a great attempt at combining clips from all the Safari generations. Something on these lines is necessary today to present the Safari as an aspirational brand once again. It is a majestic car that was and is being let down by Tata for now perceivable reason. Mahindra Scorpio sells more units in a month than the Storme in a quarter. The problem is that most millenials do not perceive the Safari to be a capable vehicle.
Thanks a lot for the kind words Nissan1180.

Agree a 100% with what you've said. Let's just hope people from the Tata Motors team are reading.
Old 31st January 2018, 16:11   #506
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Cute ad by Tata Motors. Not as brilliant as their usual stuff, but I like the way they've matched the people with the cars (girl in the Nexon, dude in the Hexa, ponytail trucker...).

GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 14:53   #507
Senior - BHPian

Kia chose to pit Lamborghini as Forte's contendor in its promo ad [Funny ad]

The best car ads-kia.png
We are used to BMW - Audi tongue in cheek commercials, but this one from Kia stands out as well.

Having no space for the grocery, making children being left off for lack of space and finally, "Lambo is a 'little' faster, but for $400000 less, you can buy a Forte and a villa in Italy";

Reminds of our "kitna deta hai" tag line

sarathlal is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 15:14   #508
BHPian

Re: Kia chose to pit Lamborghini as Forte's contendor in its promo ad [Funny ad]

While I find the Ad a bit entertaining, IMO it is utterly and completely pointless. Anyone who can afford to buy a Lamborghini, will not even be looking sideways at a Kia, and someone who can ONLY afford a Kia, might still have aspirations to buy a Lamborghini, but will not do so, due to financial and practical reasons. It's a good thing that they didn't choose any of the Sports Sedans (Mercedes, Audi, BMW etc) for this Ad, otherwise they would have made the Kia look pointless lol.
Besides, no one buys a purebred Supercar or Sportscar for practical reasons. Exactly the opposite in fact. They are built for speed, handling, excitement and showoff value. Driving a Lamborghini is a loud statement to everyone around! (Pun Intended)
You certainly wouldn't find anyone getting excited if you tell them "I drive a Kia".

Cheers

Last edited by Joxster : 2nd February 2018 at 15:21.
Old 2nd February 2018, 16:02   #509
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia chose to pit Lamborghini as Forte's contendor in its promo ad [Funny ad]

Its made to show good things about Kia rather than direct comparison on whether its better than Lambo.

20 odd years ago, Nissan used to have ad with Altima against Merc C Class, It used to tout that Altima was more powerful and haul a boat that was attached behind. And that you could also buy the boat in addition to the Car for the same money.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 16:58   #510
Senior - BHPian

This ad is about light hearted silliness, thats all. And at the same time makes Forte owners a bit happy.

Lambo owners and the rest of the world knows this is just a joke. Its not even brilliant.

And when both cars share the screen time most of the people seeing this will be looking at the Lambo and KIA is paying for it

Last edited by Sankar : 2nd February 2018 at 17:01.
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks