Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2020, 11:22   #601
Senior - BHPian

Re: The best car ads

Tata Nexon's new commercial is all about IRA connected technology (telematic services) that offers features like geo-fencing, car locator, and a natural voice system compatible with Hindi, English and Hinglish. This feature is available in XZA (O) and XZ (O).

All New Nexon | What3Words

RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 15:26   #602
Distinguished - BHPian

One thing I like about Tata Motors for it's ad's is not having celebrities in their ad's. The one exception is the Nexon EV drives with Milind Soman & Ankita Konwar. Kim Sharma was in some Safari ad's but I dont think she was a big name back then.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 19:25   #603
BANNED

Correct me if I'm wrong, would this be the right place to share this?

The best car ads-92562439_2986509128059373_4431610392032051200_n.jpg
ashwinprakas is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th May 2020, 17:31   #604
BHPian

I remember vaguely an ad from the late 90s, early 2000s, where the guy parks the car in a public lot and then kind of builds a mesh cage and locks the car in it....probably a tata sumo/sierra...and had a tagline like somethings are not owned.

Does anyone remember the ad? For all, I know I could be totally wrong because all I remember is a vague image in my mind....could be for some other brand or product itself.
sameerg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2020, 18:54   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
I remember vaguely an ad from the late 90s, early 2000s, where the guy parks the car in a public lot and then kind of builds a mesh cage and locks the car in it....probably a tata sumo/sierra...and had a tagline like somethings are not owned.

Does anyone remember the ad? For all, I know I could be totally wrong because all I remember is a vague image in my mind....could be for some other brand or product itself.
Here you go!

Nanolover is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 7th May 2020, 19:14   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
Here you go!
Tata and O&M was such a dream combo those days. I can guarantee a lot many people had purchased Tata vehicles just because of the fantastic Ads they made. One of the main factors that made me purchase the Safari was their "Reclaim your Life" Ad.
Do O&M still do Ads for Tata? Why don't they make Ads like that anymore?

Last edited by ampere : 7th May 2020 at 19:42. Reason: Removed video link from quoted post
Holyghost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 12:13   #607
BHPian

Tata has just put up an advertisement on Altroz pitching it against the rivals.

Last edited by skarthiksr : 20th June 2020 at 12:29.
skarthiksr is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 15:57   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
How did this company go from iconic ads like the Safari's to making lame ads like this?! Were Dad jokes the theme for father's day?
Iyencar is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 17:35   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Lol!! How dumb of TML. I can understand if this kinda ad was be done by Maruti's or even Hyundai's with regards to their respective Premium Hatches , as the sales numbers do some justice. But TATA Altroz? Seriously??

TATA guys need to get some better marketing guys.
ashvek3141 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 17:44   #610
BHPian

This would probably work in memes or as internet banners. But for an Advert this is really lame. I like the Altroz & this ad makes me cringe a bit.
ZenMaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 17:57   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Cringeworthy ad, seems like it was made by a child. The advertisement is below the belt and the sentences do not make much sense. However it is good that Tata is bragging about the crash ratings but it can certainly be done in a better and effective way.

Last edited by tanmoy87 : 20th June 2020 at 18:27.
tanmoy87 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 18:03   #612
BANNED

Gone are those days of impactful & classy "Reclaim Your Life" type advertisements by Tata Motors. Their products have matured over time but their advertisements(not all but few) became lame & a bit cheeky like this. Wish to see how the same concept will be executed by O&M ad agency.

Sure the rivals will neither care about this advertisement nor up their ante in safety department. They will either come with up another cheeky reply or just stay calm.

Last edited by wheelguy : 20th June 2020 at 18:14.
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 18:26   #613
BHPian

Does anyone remember/like Fiat Linear T-jet ad? I felt that was one of the few compelling tv ads for cars in India.
TokyoDrifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 21:08   #614
BHPian

That's a lot of drama for a car that takes a week to get to triple digits. Even then the video is so poorly made with the tacky editing and the music.
omranga98 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 22:07   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Potential customer: "Wow, great ad! The Altroz really sets itself apart from the competitors! Build quality and safety, woo-hoo! I'm glad I'm going to buy it! Could you arrange for a test drive?"

Sales rep: "No sir. Cars not available."

Potential customer: " What! Atleast why not at least exhibit your newest product at the showroom? Seems strange!"

Sales rep: "No sir. Cars not ready."

Potential customer: "Sigh....okay then I'll wait. The Diesel seems interesting."

Sales rep: "No sir. No Diesel."

Potential customer: "What is this blasphemy? You guys aren't prepared for one of the hottest selling segments in India right now? What's next, no automatic for the city?"

Sales rep: "Yes sir. No automatic. No Diesel. No test drive. No display. You'll have to buy our mediocre 1.2 blindfolded sir."

Potential customer: " To hell, with you, man! You expect people to throw cash at whatever crap you guys think of for advertisements. Can't even iron out niggles after 20 years and--"

Sales rep: "But build quality sir--"

Obviously not a potential customer: "I'm sorry, but I'm not interested. Too much compromises. I'll rather have a Maruti. Their cars are more reliable and their dealers are definitely more trusty."

Sales rep: "You guys don't deserve our cars. You like tin cans for fuel efficiency and resale value."

Now look, I'm not pinpointing Maruti or Tata or any other car manufacturer or dealer of such attitude. Even the most trusted of dealers can bear a few bad apples.

But honestly Tata, this is just low. People living in glass houses shouldn't be throwing rocks.

Emphasizing safety is incredibly crucial to our market; but that doesn't give you any free pass to throw in apathetic dealers, endless niggles at launch, and poor product planning. That alone can kill even the best of any products in the world. Surprising that you didn't learn anything from your old Italian partner.

You're going the right direction, but let's not get ahead of yourself. If any manufacturer failed in India, it's due to them providing cars with too much compromises.

Product planning, regulating dealers, proper quality control over manufacturing: You've got a long, long, long, way to go. So please don't kill the only lead you've got over the biggies right now.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th June 2020 at 22:17. Reason: Removing youtube URL from quoted post = repetition. Thanks!
GipsyDanger is offline   (31) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks