Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2009, 08:52   #211
Senior - BHPian

Looks really good. However, as JK pointed out, its desperately needs 17" tires. By the way, what tires is it currently running on? Testing on ice/snow without the chain?
Old 22nd January 2009, 09:51   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikramRao75 View Post
Im hoping the Indicruz is a well proportioned balanced automobile. Im hating Mahindra right now the the design disaster they call a Xylo. Im hoping Tata has a more balanced approach to this product, abs, airbags, climate control, should all be options that should be on every product. I dont understand how these companies are making cars without these options. The Indian govt should be strict about this. Where is the footage of any Tata or Mahindra crash tests ? Are we supposed to just take their word for it ? Seeing is believing. Im hoping that Indian companies treat us like they treat the Europeans, and give us the goodies and safety features as well.
Agreed with the points related to Safety.
But do other manufacturers like Maruti, Hyundai provide the footage of their crash tests?
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:00   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
I can definately bet,the interior quality is going to be cheapo plastic with all gaps..
Yup that was my impression after seeing the spy shots. The steering seems to be lifted from 1st gen Indigo. I hope these are just for testing.They better have learnt a lesson from Sumo Grande s interiors. But overall it looks nice & quite a promising product. Bring it on Tata.
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:12   #214
BHPian

Looks a lot better than the MUVs currently in the Indian Market. Has better looks than Innova and Xylo. All will depend on the refinement and the interiors.If this is going to be placed below Xylo in pricing, Tata will have a winner in hands.
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:22   #215
BHPian

the panel gaps on the outside look quite even.
it has steering mounted audio controls.
the dashboard's shape is a digression from usual TATA design of a bulging semi-circle.
the only eye sore is the huge tyre wells.
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:43   #216
BHPian

Great Catch Sid!!!

Its definitely a MUV and doesn’t look like a Safari replacement.

Xylo and Tavera’s days are numbered this TATA does actually look much better and more complete, and Toyota Innova will have a tough competition from this MUV.

POINTS TO PONDER.

• Why Vista Lights & Bonnets?
• Requires 17” Wheels.
• Quality and feel along with looks of dash is very bad. I HOPE THIS IS NOT WHAT THE DASH WILL BE WHEN LAUNCHED.
There is definitely a change in TATA and its for the positive.
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:45   #217
SUV
BHPian

One of these Test Mules is reportedly running Tata's first Auto Box. I am hoping to see this on the current Safai shortly.
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:47   #218
Team-BHP Support

Certainly looks anyday better than the Xylo. But that was evident from the very first set of the Xover concept snaps itself.

A good alternative to the Innova for sure. This being a Tata, will definitely offer good space on the inside. Bring it on!
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:51   #219
Senior - BHPian

I find the design very good and in line with other offerings by Tata as of now.. the Vista and the Vista sedan.

Rear seems to be too simple and van like..

This vehicle should be launched very soon otherwise if Tata launches this later on probably some time next year, by that time the next gen Innova would be almost ready to break its covers.

I woudl prefer the top end version to at least feature an autobox and 17 or 18 inch wheels because 16s look small compared to the wheel wells.

but i am sure this will eat up the Xylo.. Mahindra Engineers would be already starting to design a facelift for the xylo by now if they have seen these spy pictures.
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:56   #220
BHPian

[quote=aaggoswami;1140554]Looks like Innova competitor to me. And this is not SUV from any stretch of imagination. Xylo days are limited along with Tavera. Xylo and Tavera are going to get badly hit, as Tavera replaced Qualis in Taxi market, this is the one going to take over that. Beats Xylo on space also, I think. A few points:
1) Better than Xylo, atleast the exterior dimensions suggest so.
2) Will beat Safari for rear seat comfort, but I hope the tyres last longer.
3) Can never be SUV. A good MUV, but not SUV.
4) The design looks like its taken from Toyota Innova, I mean copied from Innova, a sad part.
5) As usual the pricing will hit many mainly Tavera. I am afraid Tavera will lose a lot of market. GM will have to act fast to prevent this.

After looking at the images, I think this can be facelifted Innova also.

Can a car sell on looks alone? I doubt. Safari is, anyday, more handsome than a Scorp, but see which sells more. I am sure Xylo is there to stay, becoz a UV buyer has a different set of priorities.

Anyways, its a good looking car and it would be really nice it Tatas could manage some inputs from their JLR enggs.
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:02   #221
BHPian

Great Catch !! It looks like innova for sure. The front is stunning which has now become a Tata Benchmark. The rear reminds me of American Vans and Muv's (looks american) which is not bad. The Side profile looks well balanced and is good to look at. I just hope it gets the Safaris 2.2 Dicor and Safaris ride along with tolerable interiors. Also should be priced between Sumo Grande and Safari with top model having ABS and Airbags atleast.

Expecting a lot from Tata? Well why not!
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:06   #222
BHPian

Could this test mule be an replacement for the current tata indigo marina. Basis for conclusion being that this mule does not have third row seating, similar to current marina.
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:34   #223
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Also there is something sticking out of the front bumper. Is it the chasis??
Its the standard screwed-on tow hook that Tata supplies with all its cars. The fact that its screwed on to the chassis there means it has been towed a good few times to make it necessary to keep it screwed on for another eventuality.

Also, did anyone notice the black soot marks all over the rear bumper? Whichever engine that car is running is simply having indigestions. I am sure they will sort those issues out before the launch... just as I hope that they do not intend to launch that car with that tacky dashboard and Indigo LX steering (the old leather wrapped version).
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:45   #224
BHPian

It looks good as far as proportions are concerned. does not carry an image of people carrier which innova caries. I hope TATA launch it with :
1. better rubber
2. Better build interior and exterior quality, which means no rattles please.
3. Two head lights per console (like ford fiesta)
4. May be a sliding rear door which is electrically operated, i used it in one of the rented Toyota MPV while shifting apartment.
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:58   #225
BANNED

In older Tata vehicles (like my 2003 Indica and 2007 Safari), the tow hook is a permanent fixture. No screwing / unscrewing business.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks