Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2009, 16:11   #301
Senior - BHPian

Tata's look quite active in testing this one .. if this goes on then we might see this Crossover on roads in full production version before diwali.
Old 9th February 2009, 18:44   #302
Senior - BHPian

i pray to god that indicruz flops from day 1 and meets similar fate like the sumo grande.
Old 9th February 2009, 18:55   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
i pray to god that indicruz flops from day 1 and meets similar fate like the sumo grande.
why sidindica? any particular reason for such a curse?
Old 9th February 2009, 19:02   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I had great expectations from sumo grande after seeing years of heavily disguised test mules and when the final product was unveiled- it turned out to be a total letdown.

poor fit and finish, 13-year old chassis, pathetic interior quality, sloppy handling, unrefined motor and typical tata reliability problems meant it had to flop.

thank god it flopped.tata does not deserve to make cars and muvs/ suvs anymore.
when will they learn?
first the safari 2.2, then sumo grande, and now indicruz! common, tata, learn to make quality product otherwise you will be doomed.

anyway, i have stopped having expectations from tata products, including the upcoming indigo vista, no matter how cheap they may be, they will never be called "world class".

and this comes from a guy who is doing training at tata motors (commercial vehicles-school bus division). the dealer of tata motors whom I visited today was explaining me negative points of tata buses and these buses don't deserve to sell as well as swaraj mazda buses.

Last edited by sidindica : 9th February 2009 at 19:06.
Old 9th February 2009, 19:08   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and raj, you have to agree that a scorpio 2.2 has a better fit and finish and reliability than a safari 2.2, since you seem to own both of them. (seeing your signature)
Old 9th February 2009, 19:17   #306
BHPian

Sidindica... let me share you something that I know.

The original Scorpio was launched in a modified Armada platform (which again was based on ...)! Now how old is that? But clever PR changed everything!

The Xylo is the second platform from Mahindra and the first Mahindra platform. The older one's origins lies outside Mahindra.
Old 9th February 2009, 19:21   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
and raj, you have to agree that a scorpio 2.2 has a better fit and finish and reliability than a safari 2.2, since you seem to own both of them. (seeing your signature)
actually thats what goes against me my friend... that i own both! i do agree to what you said but if i dare to say anything negative about safaris on T-BHP, it becomes a EGO clash & many pounce on me! (no offence members!). so i would refrain to comment anything about the safari here.

on a serious note, we cannot actually under-estimate TATA here. i agree the sumo was a complete disaster, but that was actually just a major facelift for the sumo. they tried to remove its 'taxi image' which dint work.

but here, we have a completely new product. the vista has impressed me a bit. here again, quality & fit/finish is poor, i agree but then you get a 'big' car with the great multijet engine for 5.5 lakhs, good value when compared to the swift diesel. i am not too sure about its reliabiltiy either but will reserve my comments for some time. so if the indicruz is priced properly like the xylo, i feel it can be a good product. but i repeat, i still wont trust TATA when it comes to reliability.
Old 9th February 2009, 19:23   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Sidindica... let me share you something that I know.

The original Scorpio was launched in a modified Armada platform (which again was based on ...)! Now how old is that? But clever PR changed everything!

The Xylo is the second platform from Mahindra and the first Mahindra platform. The older one's origins lies outside Mahindra.
thats wrong info my friend. the scorpio's chassis was new. many mistake it for the armada chassis as both share identical wheelbase.

this should clear your doubt:
Roadtest - Mahindra Scorpio Turbo 2.6 DX: Chassis & Suspension

Last edited by raj_5004 : 9th February 2009 at 19:43.
Old 9th February 2009, 19:50   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thats wrong info my friend. the scorpio's chassis was new. many mistake it for the armada chassis as both share identical wheelbase.

the bolero is a rebadged armada, which itself is an old willys ladder frame chassis modified to make an armada and then give it a new front end, rear and interiors and called it bolero.

on the other hand, the scorpio is a completely fully indegeniously developed new NG ladder frame chassis from mahindra which was conceived in 1996 and the first new product, scorpio ws launched in july 2002.

the xylo is an extended version of the scorpio chassis but with modifications to suspension and wheelbase to handle the comfort quotient that joint families demand when travelling together for long distances, a segment pioneered by innova.
Old 9th February 2009, 20:00   #310
BHPian

Ofcourse there's a small possiblity that Tata Motors might not have enough cash to stay liquid beyond the next 12 months. They've delayed vendor payments for a quarter now I believe - and insiders say that the cash situation is horrible.

Just a possibility.
Old 9th February 2009, 20:09   #311
BHPian

Quote:

I agree with the changes they have mentioned. By normal standards followed, this does not qualify for an all new platform. In fact its only in India they can pass off with such claims.

Normally the most difficult portion of a platform is the weight distribution, mount points etc. Unless these are overhauled it is not a new platform. Also these are the most expensive items in a platform.

Hence I would say the Scorpio is a revised (heavily or not is subjective) platform; but surely not a new one.

The Xylo on the other hand is a new one. A good effort it seems...

Last edited by Trapezio : 9th February 2009 at 20:14.
Old 10th February 2009, 21:33   #312
BHPian

It is Going to be Xylo Vs IndiCruez

So, It is Going to be Xylo Vs IndiCruez.

They are going to eat seizable chunk of Innova. it is good news for Innova buyers as price may come down.
Old 10th February 2009, 22:16   #313
BHPian

The Indicruz or whatever it is called finally looks really good. My wish list for this Tata is simple
a. Ensure there are no gremlins in the electrical and mechanical parts
b. Innova quality on all the parts that the average user sees, touches and feels like interior fittings, beadings, panel gaps.
c. Safety equipment on all versions a la Honda with new City

I feel if Tata takes care of the above 3 (pricing / space etc are of course assumed as the vehicle is a Tata), then they have a blockbuster on their hands
Old 11th February 2009, 02:50   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
...They are going to eat seizable chunk of Innova. it is good news for Innova buyers as price may come down.
I hope this does happen. But then, we never know! There was so much hype about Grande, but look at what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
... My wish list for this Tata is simple
a. Ensure there are no gremlins in the electrical and mechanical parts
b. Innova quality on all the parts that the average user sees, touches and feels like interior fittings, beadings, panel gaps.
c. Safety equipment on all versions a la Honda with new City
If only... if only!
Old 11th February 2009, 08:01   #315
Senior - BHPian

well IMO Toyota should not worry to much.Innova is a tried and tested vehicle it has got a very good brand image+resale value etc etc i don't think the tata's or the mahindra's can match it.Toyota dint become the #1 in the world by selling peanuts,they know how to get their customers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks