Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2009, 12:32   #391
Senior - BHPian

the production with start within 2-3 months with very few numbers initially. there will be only one variant in initial batch. later on there will be many permutations and combination with trim type/color, differentials etc. lots of variety planned here.

2.2 litres dicor is very much the heart of this MUV. this engine will meet the Euro IV norms.
Old 30th June 2009, 12:51   #392
BHPian

There was an article in economic times last week that other than the new crossover tata is putting all new product plans on hold due to economic conditions. So the new safari should also be on hold for now.

Crunch time at Tata Motors, future product plans on hold- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 30th June 2009, 13:04   #393
BHPian

Which engine this Safari is going to have ??
2.2 DiCOR or any other made with Fiat's collaboration ???
Old 30th June 2009, 13:14   #394
Senior - BHPian

I would take any news coming out of 'The Times' group with a pinch (no make that a heap) of salt. Especially the Auto section in the Economic Times, Their correspondents/journalists have absolutely no interest in cars.

I think the 2.2 Dicor is perhaps the best Diesel engine made in India. If Tata is able to make the upcoming Indicruz/new Safari lighter, this engine will be perferct.
Old 30th June 2009, 13:43   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
the production with start within 2-3 months with very few numbers initially. there will be only one variant in initial batch. later on there will be many permutations and combination with trim type/color, differentials etc. lots of variety planned here.

2.2 litres dicor is very much the heart of this MUV. this engine will meet the Euro IV norms.
Will it be positioned as an MUV or an SUV? I don't think it's the all new Safari, is it?

Last edited by safari_lover : 30th June 2009 at 13:52.
Old 30th June 2009, 14:01   #396
BHPian

Quote:

Do you know when the market launch is?
Old 30th June 2009, 18:41   #397
BHPian

Now see this: 2010 Tata Safari spied | GlobalMotors.net Focus on the second pic specially...this one looks pathetic to me from front...IMHO Rajeev
Old 30th June 2009, 18:48   #398
Senior - BHPian

Rajismine, those are pics of a camouflaged Indicruz and not the new Safari. The main reason the car doesnt look good in the second pic is cos the image is much narrower than the actual vehicle, this can be easily understood if you compare it with the third picture of the rear, its actually much wider.
Old 30th June 2009, 18:49   #399
BHPian

the length:width ratio in the second and third pic doesn't look the same. Maybe second pic is out of proportion
Old 30th June 2009, 19:53   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Will it be positioned as an MUV or an SUV? I don't think it's the all new Safari, is it?
its not new safari. its a competition to xylo and innova and will be placed in the same segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Do you know when the market launch is?
delayed. no idea of market launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Now see this: 2010 Tata Safari spied | GlobalMotors.net Focus on the second pic specially...this one looks pathetic to me from front...IMHO Rajeev
the front looks are way different than those. its best looking car amongst Innova and Xylo.
however the plastics inside may be an issue.
Old 30th June 2009, 20:50   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
its not new safari. its a competition to xylo and innova and will be placed in the same segment.
Nice. Is there a new Safari coming too, as rumors and some speculative reports suggest?
Old 30th June 2009, 21:01   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
As others have mentioned here, the vehicle is not as narrow as it seems in the Front angle shot in the second pic. If you click on the pic you will see the actual dimensions. The photo has been shrunk to fit within the width of the webpage.
Old 1st July 2009, 09:17   #403
BHPian

Quote:
delayed. no idea of market launch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Nice. Is there a new Safari coming too?
Thanks Amit. As Safari asked, will we get a new Safari as well? If so it will be great. Although the model itself is a little old, the brand 'Safari' is extremely strong.
Old 1st July 2009, 12:30   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Thanks Amit. As Safari asked, will we get a new Safari as well? If so it will be great. Although the model itself is a little old, the brand 'Safari' is extremely strong.
i have never heard of new safari. the sales figures of tata safari are very strong especially export. so i dont think tatas will do the foolishness of discontinuing this model as they did for tata sierra.
Old 1st July 2009, 14:01   #405
BHPian

yes guys it is Indicruz and not the safari...but it is still narrow and low from front and braod from the back,

it looks lovely to me from back and side but not as good as I expected from the front,

even in this thread the pics show the New indica headlamps but the link I gave says a different story...

Lets see what happens and how to comes out finally

Rajeev
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks