Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 10:34   #481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Good job with the updates guys
My limited knowledge says that 2.2 exported to europe are already euroIV.
The mot basic difference in our 2.2 and exported 2.2 is that it is liquid (canbe water/coolant based) cooled EGR Cooler

So i believe we can expect to see the EIV 2.2 with above specs
Old 31st August 2009, 12:49   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
The mot basic difference in our 2.2 and exported 2.2 is that it is liquid (canbe water/coolant based) cooled EGR Cooler

Yes, you are right Rahul, but the difference is the heart of the engine controls, the ECU firmware.
Old 31st August 2009, 14:47   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
either a brand new safari or a restyled safari is on its way. test modules have not yet been generated but it may be here even before the indicruz. the indicruz is expected in 2010 only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post

regarding new safari, its a kind of major face lift. yet not in its final approval stage. design is a bit at vague level right now.
From what you guys are telling, it looks like the next gen Safari is some ways off. If it is not gotten final approval yet, I am not sure how they can launch it before next year.

If you guys see the Tata Xenon 4 Door SUV photoshop job that team-bhp member discoverwild has done, it will make an excellent Safari replacement. Please pass on to your superiors.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post1396529
Old 31st August 2009, 15:27   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Yes, you are right Rahul, but the difference is the heart of the engine controls, the ECU firmware.
Cooled EGR; wont there be a power change too?

I read somewhere that EGR will have to be cooled for more power.
Old 31st August 2009, 23:10   #485
BHPian

Thanks for the updates guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
the centre console has a 5"x3" high resolution color screen display with absolutely every feature from dvd playback to vehicle statistics. it has climate control and biege interiors.

the vehicle has rear disc brakes. yes the first indian muv/suv to have rear discs.
I hope that these specs are not just for export models.

Quote:
the vehicle will be costlier than innova and will have lot of hitech stuffs. i hope they get the plastic quality right.
Costlier than Innova . Thats a big risk the guys in Tata Motors are taking ... I feel. As you have mentioned they need to get the pastic quality right ... the first thing and then there are the gear shifts and the overall build quality too.

Quote:
regarding new safari, its a kind of major face lift. yet not in its final approval stage. design is a bit at vague level right now.
Oops ... this looks like it will not be out before the second half of 2010. But, I don't mind the delay if they make huge improvement on the braking and handling. (Heard and read the reviews ... not driven one properly )

Quote:
personally i dint like the boot of the indigo vista. too orthodox. looks odd when the most beautiful LINEA is around.
Hope the boot is much better than the current ones in that range (Dzire, Logan and current Indigo).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Rear wheel tucked neatly underneath
This is one feature I do not like. Imagine one changing the wheels during rainy season after travelling through a muddy road.

Last edited by drsk : 31st August 2009 at 23:14.
Old 1st September 2009, 10:50   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
dadu : Rear wheel tucked neatly underneath
drsk : This is one feature I do not like. Imagine one changing the wheels during rainy season after travelling through a muddy road.
Even during other seasons : have you ever seen the kind of dirt/muck/slush/spit/s.hit/you-name-it that gets deposited on bottom mounted spare-wheels ?

They should do it like on the CR-V : the spare wheel is under the floor-board of the rear seat. Then again, if the rear section is loaded with stuff, you'll need to un-load everything before you can reach the spare.
Old 3rd September 2009, 13:23   #487
BHPian

Are there any more updates on the new safari..
Old 4th September 2009, 16:33   #488
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Want to pick up a Newer Safari Variant than the one that I have

The Current one is a 2001 TCIC -with all the bells and stuff -well maintainted as can be after 150,000 kms with 3 clutch and 4 tyre changes, 3 suspension and changes, one Engine top half work and i turbo rekitting, three rounds of Fuel pump work, forth set of interiors etc.

Should I go for a

1) Second hand 2.2 VTT Vx 4X4 or 4X2 Dicor - 2007 end / 2008 start for about Rs. 7L in Mumbai or
2) Go for the newer Safari that would come as per this thread by Jan start 2010? for maybe 13.5L on Road?

Those who know about the newer safari will the wait and price be worth it?
Old 4th September 2009, 17:16   #489
Distinguished - BHPian

@ACM, your query does not belong to this thread.

But if you hace no expenses to incur now on this one, and you dont have a need to upgrade immediately, and can live with this Safari for another year, then I suggest wait. I said one year just so there is a margin.

Or you could sell this, get a 2005/2006 model 3.0 Dicor and wait till the dust settles down on the next Safari, and all it's problems are ironed out.
Old 5th September 2009, 00:22   #490
BHPian

Firstly I haven't been following this thread closely, I have seen this vehicle with all the masking on the NH4 about 60km from Pune on the way to Kolhapur, it doesn't look muck of an SUV or Safari replacement to me, but more of a Xover vehicle one step above an Innover, both elegant and rugged at the same time, though I'm probably wrong, I think Tata have something elase in line for a replacment for the Safari, maybe the masking is too good as Suv's are taking on a more sleek look these days, just look at the Mitsubishi portfolio....
Old 5th September 2009, 09:40   #491
Senior - BHPian

Taking into account the rumored specs and prices for the Indicruz, Tata is stepping into a whole new ball game. All the testing done on the Indicruz, in India and Globally, it looks like Tata wants to get it right from day one. Which should be the case if they want to price their product on par with the Innova let alone more than it. Hats off to Tata to venture into a segment thst most Indian car makers wont tread.
Its one thing getting the product right, but I reckon they have a bigger uphill battle getting their Sales and A.S.S right. When they struggle in keeping the Indica/Indigo customers happy One is not sure wether their existing services will go down well with customers who has shelled out 10-12 lacs for the Indicruz.
But if they do make an dedicated effort to get this part of their Auto buss. right it will bode well with customers of other Tata models as well.
Old 11th September 2009, 17:07   #492
Senior - BHPian

I saw today a light blue colored tata safari with its spare wheel tucked under chassis (e.g. like innova) near balewadi. It had no spy cladding though. Seems like the all new tata safari (facelift or whatever) is nearing

Cheers
Old 11th September 2009, 20:31   #493
BHPian

Wow!
How different was it from the current safari other than the spare wheel tucked underneath?
Old 11th September 2009, 22:09   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@Rahulk76:

This is surprising, I doubt they would drive it so openly without any cladding so much ahead of the launch.
Old 11th September 2009, 23:11   #495
Senior - BHPian

Rahul,

If you noticed only the spare wheels absence, then is it that the rest of the modifications are not even an eye catcher?

And how are you sure that the wheel was tucked underneath? Guess it might have been visible unlike the Qualis, where it is not.

A photo would have been good. Please, next time.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks