Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2009, 14:15   #556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
it will indicruze/xover first followed by cosmetic safari nxt year
True. According to a TML insider, the new Safari is due around March 2010. This is again based on what he heard and can be mere speculations.
The topic came up as I want to buy the Safari and he asked me to wait till March next year.
Old 17th September 2009, 14:54   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

Safari loosing its tailgate mounted sparewheel is like . . . I don't know, its scary!! It'll loose its identity!!

Hey Rahul, by when is the xover expected? This year itself or next year?
Old 17th September 2009, 15:02   #558
BHPian

So the Xover and Decked up Safari are 2 different vehicles or the same?
Old 17th September 2009, 15:38   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
So the Xover and Decked up Safari are 2 different vehicles or the same?
Two different vehicles. The Xover is more of a MUV than SUV. The Safari, I also hear is going to have a higher spec. engine and better interiors, not to mention that the quality niggles will be lessened (can't say negated going by Tatas' repute).
Old 17th September 2009, 22:05   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
And yes the wheeel mounting at the back is going under. This will change the look big time. Someting I will not like. The Rugged SUV looks goes.

Cant imagine the Safari withou that.

Can anyone confirm this??
+1 here to the number of ppl who do not like the the bottom mounted spare wheel.

Apart from the looks, as Condor has mentioned, I dread to even dream of a tyre change if I experience a flat tyre .
Old 18th September 2009, 07:10   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsk View Post
+1 here to the number of ppl who do not like the the bottom mounted spare wheel.

Apart from the looks, as Condor has mentioned, I dread to even dream of a tyre change if I experience a flat tyre .
Even if its tail mounted it could be a nightmare. Can you imagine a man of lesser build lifting up the tyre on a rainy night and mounting it behind.
Old 18th September 2009, 07:19   #562
Distinguished - BHPian

@Trapezio, that's a first. I have not come across any SUV driver who has complained that he cannot lift the tyre. Even if he did it, it is about that one individual - And It's not a bus/truck tyre that is being put on the roof.

Remember : the flat tire is lighter since the air inside it is not pressurised.

Last edited by condor : 18th September 2009 at 07:22.
Old 18th September 2009, 10:40   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Trapezio, that's a first. I have not come across any SUV driver who has complained that he cannot lift the tyre. Even if he did it, it is about that one individual
I was speaking about the unisex world that we live in!
Old 18th September 2009, 11:13   #564
Senior - BHPian

The wheels on that car seem like 18 inch large wheels with broad tyres. Tata seems to be going in a real sporty direction!
Old 18th September 2009, 12:23   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon View Post
The Safari, I also hear is going to have a higher spec. engine and better interiors, not to mention that the quality niggles will be lessened (can't say negated going by Tatas' repute).
Are they firing the existing QC department & getting in a completely new team?
Old 18th September 2009, 13:46   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Are they firing the existing QC department & getting in a completely new team?
I really wish they do! A totally new QC team is what would be really appreciated. Maybe I'll question him on that too.
Old 18th September 2009, 13:51   #567
Senior - BHPian

Baah. Tata will never get a new QC team. However high tech they become, the plastic will still fall off and the car will still be an agricultural object to drive!
Old 18th September 2009, 15:11   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Baah. Tata will never get a new QC team. However high tech they become, the plastic will still fall off and the car will still be an agricultural object to drive!
Although I do not own one (I intend too), but I have ridden in many and also driven them. They are nowhere comparable to the so called 'agricultural object' which you may refer too. The Safari has always been known and reputed to be one of the most comfortable cars to ride and drive. This can also be vouched for by people who have experienced it first hand. Which other SUV within the same price band (you make hike it up a few notches) gives you the same level of comfort?

Yes. True that the plastics leave a lot to be desired, but then one would still buy the Safari knowing the pros and the cons. These are minor things that one can live with. As I always like to believe, buying a Safari is more of a 'heart' thing than the 'head' thing!
Old 18th September 2009, 16:21   #569

Quote:
Although I do not own one (I intend too), but I have ridden in many and also driven them. They are nowhere comparable to the so called 'agricultural object' which you may refer too. The Safari has always been known and reputed to be one of the most comfortable cars to ride and drive. This can also be vouched for by people who have experienced it first hand. Which other SUV within the same price band (you make hike it up a few notches) gives you the same level of comfort?

Yes. True that the plastics leave a lot to be desired, but then one would still buy the Safari knowing the pros and the cons. These are minor things that one can live with. As I always like to believe, buying a Safari is more of a 'heart' thing than the 'head' thing!
+1

Well said mate..
Old 18th September 2009, 17:13   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Safari has always been known and reputed to be one of the most comfortable cars to ride and drive. This can also be vouched for by people who have experienced it first hand.

As I always like to believe, buying a Safari is more of a 'heart' thing than the 'head' thing!
yes, and that the reason it is the cause of heart attacks for many of its owners!

not trying to offend you buddy, but the QC dept of tata is really sick at this moment. believe it or not, in that segment, safari is the most unreliable vehicle with the poorest fit & finish.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed