Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 16:02   #646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
i saw a mule of xover with Black Tinted glasses, Clean silver alloys and with final production side mirrors.the mirrors are like tata nano. i dont know the exact word for its postition. it looks fabulous.
Tushky did you see it with the Burka on or without the burka, also knowing you you were always ready to shoot (the camera) so buddy any pictures. If you saw it without the Burka is it more Innovish than Xyloish or is it totally diferent, my source had told me that it will be launched 10-15 days after the Manza, so it is more or less close to its launch.
Old 13th October 2009, 16:06   #647
BHPian

If the finishing of the Manza is anything to go by, Tatas seem to be getting better at it, day by day... This, if coupled with sensible pricing, will see tatas beating Mahindras in the near term in this space!!
Old 13th October 2009, 16:39   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Tushky did you see it with the Burka on or without the burka, also knowing you you were always ready to shoot (the camera) so buddy any pictures. If you saw it without the Burka is it more Innovish than Xyloish or is it totally diferent, my source had told me that it will be launched 10-15 days after the Manza, so it is more or less close to its launch.
i saw it with burka.it almost look like XOVER concept. only front is like Vista. but much better. but there was no plastic burka on windows. dashboard is really upmarket with LCD screen in the middle of AC vents. somehow like the pic given below. sorry my DG Camera display is not working so could not click the pic. will try to get pic soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-11.jpg  

Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-toyotalandcruiserindia03.jpg  

Last edited by tushky : 13th October 2009 at 16:47.
Old 13th October 2009, 16:47   #649
BHPian

Thanks for the pic Tushky, I am covinced Tata's cant make anything upmarket, look at the quality of interiors compared to the Toyota interiors they look so amateurish. I feel even if they choose the same colour and the quality of plastics it will start looking far better.
Old 13th October 2009, 16:49   #650
Senior - BHPian

Large windows, bad plastics, new steering?

And did it have two tail pipes? Good scoop tushky!
Old 13th October 2009, 16:57   #651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Large windows, bad plastics, new steering?

And did it have two tail pipes? Good scoop tushky!
thanks but thats old photo with prototype fake dashboard. the mule which i saw few days ago had black dashboard. yes there were 2 exhaust pipes.
Old 13th October 2009, 17:23   #652
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
thanks but thats old photo with prototype fake dashboard. the mule which i saw few days ago had black dashboard. yes there were 2 exhaust pipes.
It anyways does not make sense to compare quality from a amateur photo shot in daylight with one clicked by a professional under controlled conditions/ lighting/ photo shop image processing etc.
Old 13th October 2009, 17:33   #653
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
^^ Amit,

The wheel cannot be placed on one side, will cause unbalanced weight on the side it is in. If anywhere, it has to be in the center, unless they are able to counter that weight with something else on the other side also.

The wheel is not a small one and would definitely take up some space. Redesigning the tank is required, but wonder where they have the space; they would most probably make it flatter and move the tank to a side. (All this based on my observation below my vehicle during service! )

And yes, if they give more space for the floor, the third row is a good possibility. But then, you are doing away with what ever clearance the vehicle will have in OTR terrains (aka, bad for 4x4 users).

Would be interesting as to how this comes out.
I guess that many car makers abroad don't give a 'regular' fifth wheel but just a smaller one which can take you to the nearest garage for repair of the regular wheel. Maybe this is something that is being done with the new Safari? I also read somewhere that Indian laws don't allow this arrangement. SO have the laws changed?
Old 13th October 2009, 17:47   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the pic Tushky, I am covinced Tata's cant make anything upmarket, look at the quality of interiors compared to the Toyota interiors they look so amateurish. I feel even if they choose the same colour and the quality of plastics it will start looking far better.
One look and you could make out all that and define quality based on a dedicated brochure picture of the Toyota and an off-the-mill side shot of a test mule by an avid enthusiast on the road?

No offense, Ranc, but I believe you are lop-sided in your views.

Edit: Just noticed 'srh' making the same comment.

Last edited by discoverwild : 13th October 2009 at 17:51.
Old 13th October 2009, 18:03   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ Amit,

The wheel cannot be placed on one side, will cause unbalanced weight on the side it is in. If anywhere, it has to be in the center, unless they are able to counter that weight with something else on the other side also.
As I wrote it was one of the two possibilities. Moving to one side and tank balancing it is one possibility other is to push tank further in and placing it along the width instead of length is another

Quote:
And yes, if they give more space for the floor, the third row is a good possibility. But then, you are doing away with what ever clearance the vehicle will have in OTR terrains (aka, bad for 4x4 users).

Would be interesting as to how this comes out.
No the clearance is actually the lowest point hanging below the vehicle that is rear differential. Even the departure angle will not be compromised because there is a lot of scope in the rear overhang still bumper skirting and tail pipe is quite lower which actually determines the departure angle.
I guess no OTR user is removing bumper or exhaust pipe so they should still be happy if fuel tank is moved lower by 2 inches ( still above bumper skirts and exhaust can be redesigned.

But why I am discussing this I am not in TML design team
Old 13th October 2009, 18:10   #656
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think Tata or Toyota actually make the plastics and interior fittings, they are purchased from suppliers, who will be just as ready to supply Tata equal quality fittings as the ones they supply to Toyota or for that matter Lexus. It is just the matter of attitude, and to some extent factors like price differential, volumes, markets etc.
Old 13th October 2009, 21:09   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
...But why I am discussing this I am not in TML design team
+1 to that; same here!
Old 13th October 2009, 22:25   #658
BHPian

Quote:
You cant buy a Toyota SUV for approx. 10 lacs, but Tata Safari you can, If Toyota wants to sell SUV for <10L they will have to use same quality what Tatas are using
Old 13th October 2009, 22:38   #659
Distinguished - BHPian

If we are discussing the plastics, then let's not forget that the plastics, design & contours of these, the position of the controls & switches and the likes of these DONOT make up a major part of the material cost of the vehicle. Any manufacturer can definitely give their customers cars that well designed atleast in these areas.
Old 14th October 2009, 12:06   #660
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
I don't think Tata or Toyota actually make the plastics and interior fittings, they are purchased from suppliers, who will be just as ready to supply Tata equal quality fittings as the ones they supply to Toyota or for that matter Lexus. It is just the matter of attitude, and to some extent factors like price differential, volumes, markets etc.
Yep except that TATA has a stake in most of the supplier companies it procures parts from. They at times tend to be dedicated TATA and now FIAT India suppliers.

Quote:
Comment seems a bit biased, the Studio snap is being compared with an older first gen xover concept snap taken on the move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunpn View Post
You cant buy a Toyota SUV for approx. 10 lacs, but Tata Safari you can, If Toyota wants to sell SUV for <10L they will have to use same quality what Tatas are using
Nope Actually the TATA plastic & Interior quality will come out to be better than Toyota quality if the price points are the same. As tata saves substantially on designing (looks etc.) the cars in India.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks