Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 13:21   #661

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunpn View Post
You cant buy a Toyota SUV for approx. 10 lacs, but Tata Safari you can, If Toyota wants to sell SUV for <10L they will have to use same quality what Tatas are using
+1..

Rightly said..
Old 15th October 2009, 17:53   #662
BHPian

Indicruz to be CR-V Competition!

Please check this link out:
The Hindu Business Line : Tata Motors launches Manza at Rs 5 lakh

This is what Mr Rajiv Dube, President, Passenger Car Business Unit had to say about Indicruz:

"He added that the Indicruz, the crossover between sedan and SUV, will be launched in 2010. Officials said it will be on a new SUV platform and be pitched against the Honda CR-V."

I am feeling
Old 15th October 2009, 18:49   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnayak View Post

This is what Mr Rajiv Dube, President, Passenger Car Business Unit had to say about Indicruz:

"He added that the Indicruz, the crossover between sedan and SUV, will be launched in 2010. Officials said it will be on a new SUV platform and be pitched against the Honda CR-V."

I am feeling
Yes they might give the goodies of CRV but not price as a CRV may be price at 11- 14 Lakh.
They will bring many goodies since they have JLR with them,so we can hope more LR cues in Indicurz

Last edited by Sudan_NFS : 15th October 2009 at 19:02.
Old 15th October 2009, 20:41   #664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
Yes they might give the goodies of CRV but not price as a CRV may be price at 11- 14 Lakh.
They will bring many goodies since they have JLR with them,so we can hope more LR cues in Indicurz
Now that will be literally half the price of CRV!
I suspect the pricing would be in the range of Fortuner,Endy or just a little less them them.

Knowing tata they may just price it at 15-16 lacs to beat the competition.
Old 15th October 2009, 21:30   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I suspect the pricing would be in the range of Fortuner,Endy or just a little less them them.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1409496

As far as I know, this would be priced in the bracket of exisitng vx 4*2 above territory. I hope they get their gameplan properly. The only put off is that if they were to launch Euro IV in india prior to availibility of E-IV fuel now. So I think that must be a big concern for them, unless and until they tweak the ECU to handle E-II/III grade diesel fuel already available and then later on call in for a retrofit and upgrade the ECU Firmware
Old 15th October 2009, 21:48   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnayak View Post

I am feeling
After what I read about Manza I am not surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
Goodies! till last week i20/Linea was the king in terms of goodies, not anymore. I bet this one will get more goodies than Manza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post

Start at 11lac Tata. And keep QC great if you are serious.
Old 16th October 2009, 11:09   #667
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

We keep referring to TATA association to LR and hence technology and parts from them. TATA's bane has been poor quality and reliability. LR quality is very good, but as vehicles their reliability is also poor. Reliability is a factor of the integration of various components and LR may not add to reliability of the xover and other new SUV, MUV from their stable.
Old 16th October 2009, 14:30   #668
Senior - BHPian

I think Tata has covered a lot of ground when it comes to the reliability of the present iteration of Safari. This progress is also seen in the likes of the Vista, Manza etc.
Although the reputation Tata has is mostly its own making one has to accept that it has improved a lot especially taking into account the pricing of its products.
Its really ambitious of a young car maker like Tata to aim for something like the CRV which is in its third generation and made by a company thats been making cars for nearly half a decade. But I appreciate their balls in trying to aim higher rather than stick to acomfort zone and like its rivals make small cars in various shapes and sizes for under 5 lacs and celebrate a small 4 cyl. petrol engine, despite doing the same for so many decades.
Old 16th October 2009, 14:51   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If we are discussing the plastics, then let's not forget that the plastics, design & contours of these, the position of the controls & switches and the likes of these DONOT make up a major part of the material cost of the vehicle. Any manufacturer can definitely give their customers cars that well designed atleast in these areas.
The quality of plastic components is a result of the moulding process being followed. Generally the quality of the finished moulded components depends on the mould/die design. Most of the cost actually goes into the design and manufacture of these moulds and dies. In some cases the cost of the die design and manufacture is shared by the vendor & manufacturer. fianally it all comes down to how much $ the company wants to invest.
Old 19th October 2009, 15:24   #670
BHPian

I'd like to make a suggestion re: new fuel tank and repositioned spare tyre.

I once had a Daimler Sovereign for a few years, and admired the principle of the siamesed fuel tanks.

Given the 4.2's thirst for 98 octane, Jaguar/Daimler had fitted two 40-litre tanks, one in each wing, rather than a snigle large one beneath the boot.

I believe Tata should look at this solution in principle, i.e., two 40+litre tanks positioned in such a way as to make it possible to fir the full-size spare wheel as desired. Not only would this make the new Safari a "posh" car, with twin fuel flaps (one on each side), it would make off-road driving safer.

I have never punctured my fuel tank, but have heard of incidents where this did occur, and the victim had to be towed home with an empty tank.

Furthermore, in Europe this would actually increase the opportunity to sell petrol-powered Safaris, as one tank would be replaced with an LPG bottle of suitable capacity.

Old 19th October 2009, 16:06   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpescatori View Post

I believe Tata should look at this solution in principle, i.e., two 40+litre tanks positioned in such a way as to make it possible to fir the full-size spare wheel as desired. Not only would this make the new Safari a "posh" car, with twin fuel flaps (one on each side), it would make off-road driving safer.

I have never punctured my fuel tank, but have heard of incidents where this did occur, and the victim had to be towed home with an empty tank.

Furthermore, in Europe this would actually increase the opportunity to sell petrol-powered Safaris, as one tank would be replaced with an LPG bottle of suitable capacity.

Neat idea ! Tata over to you !
Old 20th October 2009, 11:22   #672
BHPian

I think TATA should really look into it, this will also improve the overall stability and suspension performance by increasing the wieght in the lowest part at rear by inturn shifting the centre of gravity.

Cheers!
Old 21st October 2009, 12:10   #673
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on the Tata XOVER/CRUZE/SAFARI

Where are you sidindica
Old 21st October 2009, 23:03   #674

Any new update on Safari??

I am desperately looking forward to own one but holding on wishing some upgrades to the interiors and the plastic quality since April 09.
I just hope they do not make any changes to the exterior.

Someone did mention that TATA might showcase this in Jan 2010. if not, I guess i don't have much choice as I definitely plan to have one in 1Q 2010.
Old 24th October 2009, 17:29   #675
BHPian

Autocar India Nov-09 edition reports :-

"A part of the reason for the delay of Tata Motors' upcoming MPV, known internally as the Indicruz (Code : X2), is because it comes with new levels of sophistication for the company. The Indicruz has eight ECUs that have to communicate seamlessly with each other and sorting out the new hardware is proving a daunting task"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmm, let me guess what those 8 ECUs could be

1.) EMS - Engine management System
2.) ABS & EBD Controller
3.) Body Control Module - more of a communication hub

What are the rest?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks