Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2009, 14:10   #796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@Vijay:

Seems to me that Tata's focus is more making the Indicruz launch a success, rather than the next gen Safari. Typically we start to see photos of test mules many months before the launch, since most of the road testing will have to be done in real-world conditions. We have seen the Indicruz being tested in all kinds of places. However, so far only on vague picture has emerged of the Safari. The body line was almost identical except for the spare wheel tucked away underneath, so I think it maybe a refresh rather than an all new platform.
rightly so, tata surely are focusing more on MUV market, where their Grande failed to appeal and sale in larger number, wish to see a real competetior to innova.
Old 23rd November 2009, 14:35   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

The Safari will be heavily facelifted and I AM NOT SURE whether that car will retain the same old chassis or ill switch to a new chassis or whether it will be displayed at the expo or not. Any further info will be updated here.
Hmmm .. this news disappoints me. Am planning to buy one in the H1 of 2010 and was hoping that Tata's will launch the next gen Safari by then.
Old 23rd November 2009, 14:38   #798
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Sid thanks for the clarification and the scoop.

The vague news about the Safari disapoints, yep the Indicruz is the innova alternative, but the new safari would be the fortuner alternative, and that is also of great interest to some like me.
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:51   #799
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The vague news about the Safari disapoints, yep the Indicruz is the innova alternative, but the new safari would be the fortuner alternative, and that is also of great interest to some like me.
The Fortuner shook up the segment and now we need Tata/Mahindra to take the game to Toyota. I suspect Mahindra will fire first with their new *World* SUV. Hope Tata's join the fray with some help from Land Rover !!
Old 23rd November 2009, 17:01   #800
Senior - BHPian

One more point: that super ace based van thingy will only be sold in commercial vehicle dealerships, not the passenger car dealerships.
Old 23rd November 2009, 17:36   #801
BHPian

I reckon even the Winger was sold the same way.What i the reason for TATA to do this?Even the Telcoline was sold at commercial dealerships only.
Old 23rd November 2009, 17:54   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The other vehicle, of course is the InduCruz, based on an entirely new X2 platform and will be powered by a heavily modified and refined version of 2.2 Dicor motor, and will b equipped with many high tech features, making i the most technically advanced tata vehicle yet. Prime target is the innova.
So we can assume that Indicruz(is Inducruz a typo or they have changed the name) will be price above Grande and below safari/Innova and more or less similar to Xylo in price with more features than Xylo?
Old 23rd November 2009, 18:02   #803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
So we can assume that Indicruz(is Inducruz a typo or they have changed the name) will be price above Grande and below safari/Innova and more or less similar to Xylo in price with more features than Xylo?
no as far as i know 30 indicruz have been manufactured already and the aggregate costs itself are around 9-10 lacs. no way it can be 6-7 lacs. its a hitech vehicle, very refined and powerful. the inside finish is so far the best i have seen.
Old 23rd November 2009, 18:15   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
no as far as i know 30 indicruz have been manufactured already and the aggregate costs itself are around 9-10 lacs. no way it can be 6-7 lacs. its a hitech vehicle, very refined and powerful. the inside finish is so far the best i have seen.

If that is the case, then it surely will be positioned above Innova in the premium Crossover category and will be competeing agains the likes of the CR-V. Lets keep our fingures crossed and see how the premium buyer reacts to this TATA offering.
Old 23rd November 2009, 18:27   #805
Senior - BHPian

The 3rd black box-the plane's transponder

This is what I have just received
  • a foot long media T-branded third teaser brochure (still under development)
  • even better pics ONLY of some T-branded vehicles
  • no specs/ features yet
  • cannot be opened, of course due to security concerns
  • I have manipulated the cover as it exposed something, not allowed to be shown here.
  • DO NOT ask anything please. Call me lucky whatsoever, but hey anonymous, I owe you a treat.
Attached Thumbnails
Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-dsc03553.jpg  

Old 23rd November 2009, 18:51   #806
BHPian

Hey Sidindica,

we owe you a treat only of we could see what you see!

This may be the Safari.
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:09   #807
BHPian

SID

Indicruz, MICRO Bus (INDIVA) and the completly modified Safari (If not the all new safari).

YOU ARE THE MAN!!

Just Hope they keep improving the quality on these like they did with the
INDICA to the V2 to the CS to Vista to the Manza to the Indicruz to the Micro Bus to the New Safari.

That would make the Safari an awesome SUV.
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:06   #808
BHPian

common sid, if you cant show us, please dont tease us atleast.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:12   #809
Senior - BHPian

Someone please storm into Sid's home and get those covers :-))))).
Old 24th November 2009, 06:31   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
yes i have seen the dashboard and it is really upmarket. even better than Innova and Xylo. cant wait to see this vehicle. it looks fabulous in Alloys and black tinted glass.
I hope you have pictures to go with the story
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks