Team-BHP - Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/72508-spied-2010-tata-safari-indicruz-edit-caught-testing-india-pics-pg-20-a-63.html)

How do we measure Turbo lag? Is there any quantitative method?
I mean from a owner of Passat to Montero, whatever I've heard that this term is synonymous to a diesel engine. Even I have test driven many diesel vehicles, in it's own category, I really haven't noticed that much difference in initial pickup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4addict (Post 1619113)
Except that Forturner 3.0 has virtually no turbo lag. When you try to push 170ps from 2.2 liters you will have turbo lag even with variable geometry turbo. As posted elsewhere in this thread, there is no replacement for displacement (CC).

My brother own's a 2009 fortuner and i feel there is a significant turbo lag in it too.But, it is an awesome torquey machine.

Sorry MODS for going offtopic.sorry:

Prototypes are mostly seen being driven fast.

The drivers dont have to bother about fuel consumption, engine longevity and other such factors so they happily stay lower gears till redline, as opposed to an owner driven car which are usually driven much lower down the rev band.

But what I was able to fathom from @privin's video is that he was able to catch up with the vehicle from time to time, although the vehicle at one istance actually flew off in front, could be a simple case of the driver being in the right gear to do that.

I really hoped that it had this.stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1618948)
Tata Indicruz. Holy cow, look at that video, it's just running away so fast.

I thought Privin was zooming back his camera, then I saw your comment...

Amazing pickup indeed...clap:

Privin's car seems to be a Fiat Punto judging from his previous posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercedised (Post 1618967)
Well,
Tata's are always known for pricing their vehicle very competitively, So i think the price will be within 10-12lacs

what i feel is the above specs might be for an international market and as usual we will get 3rd world junk even though its the third world company that is producing the vehicle itself :D
example :Indica Euro, mahindra scorpio which is sold overseas.
12 lacs don't expect to get esp and 7 computers and all.

Guys thats fast.....seems to have a good engine...Deffinetly its an Tata Indicruz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scuderiamania (Post 1618993)
Why is everyone be skeptical about TATA cars with computers? I mean how unreliable can they possibly be. Doesn't the likes of the safari and the manza already have computers?

Haven't you read about the Safari problems?Thats the case with just one Computer. Refer Tanveer's ownership thread.

Manza already had some quality problems including ABS systems. Refer Manza testdrive thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinaydas (Post 1619183)
what i feel is the above specs might be for an international market and as usual we will get 3rd world junk even though its the third world company that is producing the vehicle itself :D
example :Indica Euro, mahindra scorpio which is sold overseas.
12 lacs don't expect to get esp and 7 computers and all.

agree:
But untill the car is in the market how can we tell that it has 7 computers,etc. etc. stuff.

I'd consider the ECU to be a reasonably involved design, but except for that, all these so called "Computers" are nothing but some plain jane micro controllers/processors running not-so-complex codes. Even our washing machines, microwaves and dishwashers have these so called computers.

There is nothing to be paranoid about these "Computers". I'd trust Tata to do a decent job with the Next Gen vehicles vehicles like X'over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Vampire (Post 1619280)
I'd consider the ECU to be a reasonably involved design, but except for that, all these so called "Computers" are nothing but some plain jane micro controllers/processors running not-so-complex codes. Even our washing machines, microwaves and dishwashers have these so called computers.

There is nothing to be paranoid about these "Computers". I'd trust Tata to do a decent job with the Next Gen vehicles vehicles like X'over.

Exactly, that's my point all these ECU's, computer controlled things(what people call it), are nothing but just Microprocessors or controllers which hardly cost 1-5% of the total cost of car.:Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercedised (Post 1619126)
My brother own's a 2009 fortuner and i feel there is a significant turbo lag in it too.But, it is an awesome torquey machine.

Your brother may have got a defective vehicle. None of the reviews so far have complained about turbo lag at least compared to the others in the segment. From the reviews it pull well from low RPMs. Read review from GTO on team bhp testdrive and initial ownership reports.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4addict (Post 1619294)
Your brother may have got a defective vehicle. None of the reviews so far have complained about turbo lag at least compared to the others in the segment. From the reviews it pull well from low RPMs. Read review from GTO on team bhp testdrive and initial ownership reports.

The vehicle is in perfect condition just clocked 6700kms. I only told what i felt while driving Fortuner, Rather than reviews i believe in what i feel.:)

MODs please delete this post. I have accidently posted two similar posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4addict (Post 1619294)

The vehicle is in perfect condition just clocked 6700kms. I only told what i felt while driving Fortuner, Rather than reviews i believe in what i feel.:) & i have also driven Fortuner and Pajero back to back and felt Pajero to be a good performer.(This is my personal thought i donot want to generate a war over here:))
Sorry, but no Offence.