Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 16:26   #1021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
I guess we are all getting overexcited here. We owe a big Thank You to all the guys who've given us so much insight into this product despite their limitations.
+1 to that. Going by the scoops given by sidindica earlier, we can understand that if he could reveal what he has seen, he would have done so long ago without making us guessing like this. It's easy for us to keep prodding him, but it doesn't seem funny to me if one's job is on the line(unless you want to get fired). So let's all just hold our horses and give him some breathing space. Chill guys.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:26   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
I guess we are all getting overexcited here. We owe a big Thank You to all the guys who've given us so much insight into this product despite their limitations.
+1 a big thank you for all the scoops. Crossing my fingers and waiting for the D day now.. and hoping that we will get more scoops as the D day draws closer...
Old 10th December 2009, 16:27   #1023
Senior - BHPian

It is a giveaway of a variable turbine turbo. Happy
Old 10th December 2009, 16:31   #1024
Senior - BHPian

Come on Sid spit it out, its very hard to wait until 5th Jan as Sid keep giving small info like this..

Mods please close this thread and open on 5th Jan
Old 10th December 2009, 16:37   #1025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Have been chatting with a friend of mine from tata motors for the past few months.Talk to him about the Vista or Manza and he is like yah.. good cars. But mention the crossover and his eyes light up and he says thats the one to watch out for.
You can bet on that !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
From a strategy point of view though a 11 lakh + price on the Indicruz makes luttle sense.Tatas product portfolio is getting pummelled by the Scorpio in the SUVs and the Innova in the MPVs.Why would Tata not concentrate on these existing lucrative market segments & try to go ahead and create a new one ?
Because they are the only ones who got the guts to do so. Really. The other guys hanging around here for the past 25 years or at least the better part of a decade just don't have the guts to go out and do what our home grown manufacturer has set out to do. The excitement surrounding this launch is unparalled in the history of the Indian automobile scene in recent times. This is the most awaited product from the Tata stable after the Nano. I'm just hoping and praying that RNT & team bring out something that we Indians can be proud of... something that makes us say "Mera Bharat mahan !"

Last edited by longhorn : 10th December 2009 at 16:43.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:40   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post

Mods please close this thread and open on 5th Jan
Rightly said. No point making endless discussions.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:47   #1027
BHPian

rightly said latheesh unless sid has something to show us?
Old 10th December 2009, 16:47   #1028
Senior - BHPian

Noooo... I was kidding, we love this excitement. Keep throwing information one by one.

I lost contact details of my ex-colleagues, otherwise I could have done something for the guys who is watching this thread.

To the folks from Pune: Get a cam and storm in to TATA ERC

Last edited by Latheesh : 10th December 2009 at 16:49.
Old 10th December 2009, 18:05   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Dont know if its been posted here before, but heres a link to what I think is a very good artists impression:

http://***************.com/wp-conten...cruz_front.jpg
Old 10th December 2009, 20:04   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Got the images from here :
http://***************.com/2009/01/m...-tata-indicruz

EDIT : http://i.n.d.i.a.n.a.u.t.o.s.b.l.o.g...-tata-indicruz is the link.

Remove the " . " after http:// till the dot before com.

EDIT 2:
Looks like a copy of Innova. I dont like to see Tata taking a lot of cues from Innova, but what else can we have in MPV ?
Considering the length, a bit better design would be welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-indi2.jpg  

Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-indi3.jpg  

Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-indi4.jpg  

Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-indi5.jpg  

Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-indi7.jpg  

Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-indi10.jpg  

Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-indi15.jpg  

Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-indi8.jpg  

Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-indi9.jpg  

Last edited by aaggoswami : 10th December 2009 at 20:23.
Old 10th December 2009, 20:11   #1031
Distinguished - BHPian

@aaggoswami- The pictures you have posted reveal a lot more than the others. I like the rear profile but i think the Vista like headlamps may ruin the overall look. Looking forward to the launch.
Old 10th December 2009, 20:13   #1032
Senior - BHPian

From these pictures it appears that it will have a comfortable third row. Immensely useful.
Old 11th December 2009, 10:05   #1033
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Sadly an MPV will end up looking like an innova, but this is supposed to be a crossover vehcile and is supposed to have 4X4, in which case why could they not be insipired by other monocoque chassis 7 seater SUV's like the Q7 for example.

An xover that looks vey much like the Q7 would have many buyers, but i guess this is too late and the Innova was the direct competetion to be beaten. That said the top / front bonnet is high and more mascuiline than the Innova, but the rear tail light cluster in the snaps are too tiny and i hope have been replaced by something bigger that even takes up part of the rear door as well.
Old 11th December 2009, 10:18   #1034
BHPian

These images are a collection of snaps from more than a year before.

The lights/details might be quite different.

Also, is it not better to take some risk (and pain) and design something unique with Tata's identity rather than seeking inspiration? I personally think so. Thats why as a design effort the new Indica Vista is more accomplished than a Sonata in my opinion.

But coming back to the topic, lets hope that the real thing stuns us!
Old 11th December 2009, 10:38   #1035
Senior - BHPian

The Indicruz seems to be much larger than the Innova. These spy pics are not bringing out the mammoth size of the Indicruz. The A pillar and the sloping bonnet are masking the actual size. Just look at the length of the fender and you'll get the picture. You have to see it in flesh to believe it. This baby is huge! I feel if they put some combination lamps on the rear door, aka the Fortuner, the rear will be much better to look at rather than the traditional Indica like rear lights.

Last edited by longhorn : 11th December 2009 at 10:41.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed