Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 19:29   #1051
AWD
BHPian

Tata it seems is desperately trying to clear stocks of the Safari with schemes raging from 60k discount to lucky coupons, etc. This indicates to a newer model introduction soon.
We could see a facelifted model with minor changes but do not expect a completely new Safari because never heard Tata developing a new platform, engine, etc.
Old 14th December 2009, 21:25   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Tata it seems is desperately trying to clear stocks of the Safari with schemes raging from 60k discount to lucky coupons, etc. This indicates to a newer model introduction soon.
If someone is interested in buying a Safari now. Should he/she go for the discounts or wait for the new launch? Can the experts here please suggest?
Old 14th December 2009, 22:12   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsk View Post
If someone is interested in buying a Safari now. Should he/she go for the discounts or wait for the new launch? Can the experts here please suggest?
The launch would be announced and the Delhi Auto Expo and booking might start immediately. Not really sure if there would be a firesale for the remaining old gen safari. If you recall - Mahindra (at least the dealers) were selling the Old scorpio at premium price even after introducing the scorpio refresh with heavily reduced price.

IMO you might be better off waiting till the launch and make up your mind after seeing the new design. For sure, they will not increase the price of current safari

Talk to the dealer to figure out if there is any end date for the discounts.
Old 14th December 2009, 22:55   #1054
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
AWD : Tata it seems is desperately trying to clear stocks of the Safari with schemes raging from 60k discount to lucky coupons, etc. This indicates to a newer model introduction soon.
Nothing desperate about the discount. Standard year-end fare, to boost sales during december.

You will find this every year, and naturally the more expensive models get the bigger discount.
Old 15th December 2009, 08:06   #1055
BHPian

Awww c'mon Sid, time for another shot.
Old 15th December 2009, 09:35   #1056
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
We could see a facelifted model with minor changes but do not expect a completely new Safari because never heard Tata developing a new platform, engine, etc.
TATA had developed competely new platform many times - the best example being the recent Vista Indica vs the earlier Indica. But you are correct the new platfrom Safari is not expected currently. But a new platform Indicruz will be launched in Jan.

Quote:
The 60K year end discounts are not as desperate as it seems, it is standard practice and is compensurate with the value of the car compared to discounts on the other cheaper vehicles.

The current safari speciments would be available for sales for a month or two after a new version is launched and the discounts then would possibly be better and you can take a knowledgable call on what to go for then.
Old 15th December 2009, 09:50   #1057
Distinguished - BHPian

@AWD, If a 60k discount on a 12L SUV is desperate, then what will you call a 45k discount /savings on a sub-6L car ? Liquidation sale ?

Pls check today's papers for the discounts from Hyundai. There is a 45k savings/discount offer on the i10.
Old 15th December 2009, 22:48   #1058
BHPian

gshanky and ACM thanks for your response.

Yes, I concur that it would make a better sense to wait atleast till the launch to decide on the car.
Old 16th December 2009, 00:50   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
the inference i get from talking to tata motors engineers is that the new safari wont be coming out till the second half of the new year...
I would still suggest you wait till the auto expo which always clears the product roadmap of many manufacturers for the next coupla years...
Old 16th December 2009, 09:44   #1060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me pose to you differently.

If you were in the market to find a bride for yourself and you looked at one. Would you agree to marry her or would you take a call after looking at the next girl? If you like the girl, take her to the altar. No point waiting and thinking that next girl would be better than this.

Pls pardon, if it hurts your sentiment.

-BJ
Old 16th December 2009, 09:55   #1061
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
If you were in the market to find a bride for yourself and you looked at one. Would you agree to marry her or would you take a call after looking at the next girl? If you like the girl, take her to the altar. No point waiting and thinking that next girl would be better than this.

-BJ
Though OT: Am tempted to add that the difference in the case of a car vs a bride one lives with the car for 5-8 years and with the bride for 50-80, and while in the case of a car our ability to procure a better car increases with time in the case of a bride the reverse is true as we become more and more undesirable to the opp side as we age ourselves.

That said Jan is not too far off and even the safari sales figures for Nov indicates that people are waiting to see what TATA throws up in the Auto Expo.
Old 17th December 2009, 16:20   #1062
BHPian

The new safari test vehicles are a daily sight in Pimpri-chinchwad.The Safari test mule is accompanied by a nano and a Vista while the Indicruz test mule is accompanied by a Safari.Everyday they stop in front of the chinchwad traffic police station around 10.00PM for `10-15 minutes
Old 17th December 2009, 16:45   #1063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
The new safari test vehicles are a daily sight in Pimpri-chinchwad.The Safari test mule is accompanied by a nano and a Vista while the Indicruz test mule is accompanied by a Safari.Everyday they stop in front of the chinchwad traffic police station around 10.00PM for `10-15 minutes
It would be very nice of you if you could take some snaps and post it here. Many of us are just waiting to have a look!
Old 18th December 2009, 11:12   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
It would be very nice of you if you could take some snaps and post it here. Many of us are just waiting to have a look!
+1 to that. Here we are all keenly awaiting pictures, and you are seeing it everynight and yet not posting any pictures.

Cmon, be a true bhpian and post pictures !!
Old 18th December 2009, 11:56   #1065
BHPian

Love this thread

I just love this thread. I m interested in a MPV and till now I had Xylo and Innova in mind. Now Indicruz makes my heartbeat race. IMO it is looks better than both, I hope it is better in terms of fit and finish and overall quality. Reading about TATA quality in other threads really scared me. But I guess it will be worth waiting for this one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks