Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2009, 09:57   #1096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Those CGI renderings are hideous.The actual thing is very contemporary.
thanks sid.I was sad to see the cgi rendering, and glad to know that the rendering is not similar to the finished product.
Old 24th December 2009, 14:41   #1097
Senior - BHPian

I have a doubt regarding its positioning. The tata brand is worth only so much. Its best known as the maker of cheap/vfm diesel vehicles, much like maruti is known as a maker of budget hatches. Tata has already tried to flirt with the Premium MUV/SUV buyer with the sumo grande, and it has been a flop.

This vehicles seems to be a segment above the Innova. Even if tata decides to take the VFM route, and say, prices it at par/50K below the innova, would people buy it ? Or is tata going to offer a stripped down version at the xylo/sumo grande price point, in which case, what was the point of developing the sumo grande?

Or is this predominantly an export vehicle , sold here as a 'halo' product, much like the xenon?
Old 24th December 2009, 14:51   #1098
BHPian

Sid please post some teasers like Head lights ,some Interior ,the tail lights ,side profile and the front partial.
Please post this pics as X-mas/New year gift for BHpians.
Old 24th December 2009, 16:18   #1099
BHPian

What is this?

can somebody throw some light on this tata xover (is it really?) after going through this link? I do not know russian so will appreciate help to clarify the things!!Эра промышленного дизайна, или Представление Autodesk AliasStudio в России :: CADmaster - журнал для профессионалов в области САПР
#please see the last photo it says Tata xover. I tried to translate this page using babel fish but ..
Attached Thumbnails
Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-xover.jpg  

Last edited by enthu : 24th December 2009 at 16:32. Reason: update on the information already provided
Old 24th December 2009, 16:34   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthu View Post
can somebody throw some light on this tata xover (is it really?) after going through this link? I do not know russian so will appreciate help to clarify the things!!Эра промышленного дизайна, или Представление Autodesk AliasStudio в России :: CADmaster - журнал для профессионалов в области САПР
#please see the last photo it says Tata xover. I tried to translate this page using babel fish but ..
Link to Google Translation of that page.

I did a search of that Image on the web using Tineye.com and it returned nothing, so it seems that this is probably not a CG design of any other vehicle.

Here is explanation of Tineye.com from its website :-

Quote:
TinEye is a reverse image search engine. You can submit an image to TinEye to find out where it came from, how it is being used, if modified versions of the image exist, or to find higher resolution versions. TinEye is the first image search engine on the web to use image identification technology rather than keywords, metadata or watermarks. For some real TinEye search examples, check out our Cool Searches page.
p.s. Keeping in mind how much Russians and Chinese make such shopped images, I will not get my hopes up.

Last edited by anmol2k4 : 24th December 2009 at 16:40.
Old 24th December 2009, 17:15   #1101
BHPian

Once again Sid, we require your services to validate claims from Russian website. Last time around, our hopes had taken a shattering, this time though this is more a case of having hopes abysmally high
Old 24th December 2009, 17:20   #1102
Senior - BHPian

The side profile from the fender upto the rear door looks more like an S Class than a Tata. This is definitely not the Indicruz.
Old 24th December 2009, 17:28   #1103
BHPian

this could be Indicruz concept rather than the indicruz itself. :P the vehicle in that pic is so ... so... so... whats the word? impractical!!
Old 24th December 2009, 17:56   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
this could be Indicruz concept rather than the indicruz itself. :P the vehicle in that pic is so ... so... so... whats the word?
BRILLIANT !!! but I know most probably I am just Day Dreaming
Old 24th December 2009, 18:22   #1105
BHPian

If this is real Indicruze from TATA then Rs. 14 lakhs price is justified. The image has more genes of BMW X6 + Merc
Old 24th December 2009, 18:29   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Now way this cant be the Indicruz))

Scoop master where are you, show us something
Old 24th December 2009, 19:03   #1107
BHPian

@Lathesh,
Hye only I was not getting any other information on this so I asked for the help. I just bumped on this site (russian) while surfing net and found out this nice piece they called TATA XOVER. and my interest grew because they had a land rover side-by. I really do hope if not xover they should launch this type of model in India.

OK I have another one picture!(Phew!). Dont know whether this is a indicruze but dimensions do match (almost) and now it is more like what we have seen and are beliving to be Indicruze. Look at the rear ending. It looks similar to what we see in normal photo of indicruze (support at D pillar?)- a cross support!-of course it has a petrol/diesel lead on RHS!

Also chinese are interested in indicruze? see the link below,
???????? ????MPV???? ????

Ok bye bye.. I will be out of this forum for 5 days because of X-mass holidays. Have a nice X-mass to all of you!
Attached Thumbnails
Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-indicruze.jpg  

Old 24th December 2009, 19:28   #1108
BHPian

I do not think this is indicruz because none of the test mules resemble this body structure and the design is so radical.

Do I love it? Asbolutely!!
Do I think TATA would make it? No. Atleast not immediately (remember Aria convertible?)

But design apart, indian public are not down right stupid. If the car justifies the price, they will buy it. Lets hope TATA brings a car that leaves no room for complaining about neither looks nor quality.
Old 24th December 2009, 19:44   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not even .0005 percent fo the indicruz looks like it. It is an amateurish CGI of an unknown Chinese car.

Quote:
@Lathesh,
Hye only I was not getting any other information on this so I asked for the help. I just bumped on this site (russian) while surfing net and found out this nice piece they called TATA XOVER. and my interest grew because they had a land rover side-by. I really do hope if not xover they should launch this type of model in India.

OK I have another one picture!(Phew!). Dont know whether this is a indicruze but dimensions do match (almost) and now it is more like what we have seen and are beliving to be Indicruze. Look at the rear ending. It looks similar to what we see in normal photo of indicruze (support at D pillar?)- a cross support!-of course it has a petrol/diesel lead on RHS!

Also chinese are interested in indicruze? see the link below,
???????? ????MPV???? ????

Ok bye bye.. I will be out of this forum for 5 days because of X-mass holidays. Have a nice X-mass to all of you!
That's a mid 1990s body panel of Either a Toyota Kijang or a Pajero. The Indicruz has a more contemporary design.
How come you guys have started visiting Chinese/ Russian websites that you all seem so desperate?
Wait for 10 more days, the real metal will be unveiled.

Sabra ka phal meetha hota hai.

Last edited by sidindica : 24th December 2009 at 19:50. Reason: Please avoid posting multiple back to back posts. Thanks
Old 24th December 2009, 20:07   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Sabra ka phal meetha hota hai.
Very well put indeed... but, Patience is also a virtue which comes to only few!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks