Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2008, 10:41   #121
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
160bhp 3L, not 2.2L I guess. It will be great if its the 2.2L though.
Going by their Trend I dont think they will further develop the 3L... Safari and Grande both have the 2.2 and the Xenon will sport the 2.2 as well !!

The 3L might be pushed for commercial application's...
Old 11th March 2008, 10:52   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV View Post
Going by their Trend I dont think they will further develop the 3L... Safari and Grande both have the 2.2 and the Xenon will sport the 2.2 as well !!

The 3L might be pushed for commercial application's...
There is a rumor that 3L that will go into Xenon will have an option for 3L with 160bhp.
Old 11th March 2008, 11:21   #123
Senior - BHPian

Speculations galore!
Hats off to Safari, it never seizes to amaze me
Old 11th March 2008, 12:24   #124
BANNED

Its not come till its not come.

You never know this to hold good with TATA.

Mr Tata how many more experiments will we be a part of.

4th generation safari has still to rock the roads and here we are talking about the 5th Gen Safari.

TATA never ceases to amaze us.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 11th March 2008 at 12:24. Reason: added
Old 11th March 2008, 22:28   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
TATA never ceases to amaze us.
Yup TATA is one amazing company.. But one thing is for sure... if they can comeup with a 2.2 which has a service interval of max 15k kms.. i'd say its brilliant or a Giant Leap for them as well as their engineering team. Hats of to them. They sure are evolving fast.
Only the quality sucks.. they need to format the complete interior qa team i guess
Old 12th March 2008, 01:22   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Only the quality sucks.. they need to format the complete interior qa team i guess
Get them to do that,and TATA will be at the top of the list! They make good cars,but not good enough to take a beating in the Indian weather & road conditions. They build cars like trucks, throw in a few lines of a quality sedan & that will do wonders to the car sales.
Old 12th March 2008, 08:43   #127
BHPian

And dont forget the ***. Those guys at TASC struggle even to fix simple problems. I wouldnt buy another TATA car until they find a way to improve that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Get them to do that,and TATA will be at the top of the list! They make good cars,but not good enough to take a beating in the Indian weather & road conditions. They build cars like trucks, throw in a few lines of a quality sedan & that will do wonders to the car sales.
Old 6th June 2008, 10:06   #128
ray

Tata's German Assisted "Indicruz"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post

Ah yes... Only one of these pictures were posted in the Ingenio thread... but managed to dig these up in a blog.... an interesting observation I make

" Y " blog: Tata Xover / Indiva ?? - Spy shots

Notice there are two Indicruzes one following the other... the last pick shows the second of the two cars overtaking the photographer.

Now this car is quite different from the first - it side mirrors are of a different shape and the back of the car seems to show the profile of a pickup. Also from all the pctures on the above page notice that the second car has different type of camouflaging from first. My CONCLUSION - not only is Tata working on the commercial Xover BUT also the CLIFFRIDER!!!

Remember this...

Attached Thumbnails
Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-poona2btravel2b209.jpg  

Old 6th June 2008, 12:14   #129
BHPian

Nice observation there.

There is one more thing. I think the vehicle you are talking about isn't based on Xover. You ask why?

i) the pick up you are talking about has central consoles.

ii) from the pics, it is pretty clear that the profile of these two cars is a bit different. one of them is taller than the other. all there the head lights on these cars are different. These are just test vehicles may be a reason for this difference.
Old 6th June 2008, 12:44   #130
Senior - BHPian

Nice find ray! So Tata's working on the Cliffrider as well. That's interesting news. I never expected this car to make it to production.
Old 6th June 2008, 13:56   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Now this car is quite different from the first - it side mirrors are of a different shape and the back of the car seems to show the profile of a pickup. Also from all the pctures on the above page notice that the second car has different type of camouflaging from first. My CONCLUSION - not only is Tata working on the commercial Xover BUT also the CLIFFRIDER!!!

Remember this...
Well, the second car has its instrument cluster in the centre which can only mean that this is the new Indigo/Elegante

I don't think it is the Cliffrider
Old 12th June 2008, 12:36   #132
BHPian

Look at the size of those tyres. I don't think it can be the new Indigo. May be a new compact MUV based on new indica platform.
Old 12th June 2008, 13:33   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah yes... Only one of these pictures were posted in the Ingenio thread... but managed to dig these up in a blog.... an interesting observation I make
The German assisted MUV is already out - Sumo Grande.
Indicruz/Xover was styled by IDEA.
Old 28th August 2008, 11:37   #134

2010 Tata Safari spied

2010 Tata Safari spied | GlobalMotors.net - spy pictures, concepts, videos, pictures, rumors, motor shows...
Old 28th August 2008, 12:09   #135
BHPian

How do they know its the Safari? And why would Tata take it all the way to Europe to test it? Agreed, with the acquistion of JLR, they have got knowhow; and with the tie-up with Fiat, they will be exploring newer markets. But in my mind, it will not make sense to transport and test a pre-production model (or was it built there maybe?!) all the way in Europe, especially when the launch date is one and a half years away.
Whatever it is, the front looks ghastly! More like a Reva. The new Safari will, I am sure, be far more macho and have butch styling.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks