Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2009, 23:54   #196
Senior - BHPian

Damn! Whats with the grille ?! I hope its a temp stick-on job

And this looks more like an Innova to me.
Old 21st January 2009, 23:58   #197
Senior - BHPian

I can definately bet,the interior quality is going to be cheapo plastic with all gaps..another faliure in the making
Old 21st January 2009, 23:58   #198
Senior - BHPian

What SUV? That's an out and out minivan/MUV/people carrier in the mould of Innova/Xylo. Beats the Xylo in looks already
Old 22nd January 2009, 00:00   #199
Senior - BHPian

Looks good to me
though I doubt if it will replace the safari.
It would be better off competing with Innova and Xylo

I like the looks much better than innova or Xylo in my opinion.
Snow and those tyres,can we expect a 4X4
Old 22nd January 2009, 00:01   #200
Senior - BHPian

1) Its smoky 2) Got headlamps from Vista? 3) Xylo dead! 4)Looks like 16inch from Safari 5) Wide rear door. 6) Need 17inch tyre for that gap!
Old 22nd January 2009, 00:07   #201
BHPian

Looks muscular, solid & 4x4 of course!
This vehicle will not get taxi image like INNOVA
Old 22nd January 2009, 00:16   #202
BHPian

It doesnt have the third row seats so is it an SUV?
It doesnt have the SUV look, too roundish, so is it an MUV?
Old 22nd January 2009, 00:27   #203
Team-BHP Support

Wow looks like for a change Tata is actually testing a car before launch. lol.
Old 22nd January 2009, 00:35   #204
Senior - BHPian

This will take the sting out of the Xylo and will give Innovas a run for their money. Bring it on, Tata!
Old 22nd January 2009, 00:38   #205
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The looks of the Indicruz itself are enough to beat the Xylo. I hope the interior is not what it looks like. Looks like a crude dashboard was just fabricated for test purposes. Twin pipes at the rear also looks like a first for an Indian car. Now it only needs to have bigger wheels with low profile tyres (apart from the car being launched).
Maybe the thrid row of seats will make its way once the car is launched. Otherwise it makes to sense competing with the Innova and Xylo.

Also there is something sticking out of the front bumper. Is it the chasis??
Old 22nd January 2009, 00:38   #206
abk
BHPian

First came Innova. Next Xylo. I sincerely hope that this Tata vehicle follows the suit. Please please please do not replace the Safari with this. Else we will have to live our dreams buying used Safaris (something to cheer about the existing safari owners!)

Though I'd love Tata to borrow this set of what now appears like Tata-across-the-board headlamps into their next gen Safari, if they cannot bring back the old 3L twin headlamps. But why twin exhausts instead???

Sidindica, you are at your usual job. Thanks matey! Cheers!

Last edited by abk : 22nd January 2009 at 00:46.
Old 22nd January 2009, 00:44   #207
Senior - BHPian

omg! the photos are taken in sweden!

looks like an innova contender... beats xylo by miles in looks!
Old 22nd January 2009, 00:46   #208
nbr
BHPian

its a winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk View Post
First came Innova. Next Xylo. I sincerely hope that this Tata vehicle follows the suit. Please please please do not replace the Safari with this. Else we will have to live our dreams buying used Safaris (something to cheer about the existing safari owners!)

Though I'd love Tata to borrow this set of what now appears like Tata-across-the-board headlamps into their next gen Safari, if they cannot bring back the old 3L twin headlamps

Sidindica, you are at your usual job. Thanks matey! Cheers!

This looks hot and neatly proportioned. 100 times better then the new innova to be launched
Old 22nd January 2009, 04:29   #209

Im hoping the Indicruz is a well proportioned balanced automobile. Im hating Mahindra right now the the design disaster they call a Xylo. Im hoping Tata has a more balanced approach to this product, abs, airbags, climate control, should all be options that should be on every product. I dont understand how these companies are making cars without these options. The Indian govt should be strict about this. Where is the footage of any Tata or Mahindra crash tests ? Are we supposed to just take their word for it ? Seeing is believing. Im hoping that Indian companies treat us like they treat the Europeans, and give us the goodies and safety features as well.
Old 22nd January 2009, 07:44   #210
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Innova competitor to me. And this is not SUV from any stretch of imagination. Xylo days are limited along with Tavera. Xylo and Tavera are going to get badly hit, as Tavera replaced Qualis in Taxi market, this is the one going to take over that. Beats Xylo on space also, I think. A few points:
1) Better than Xylo, atleast the exterior dimensions suggest so.
2) Will beat Safari for rear seat comfort, but I hope the tyres last longer.
3) Can never be SUV. A good MUV, but not SUV.
4) The design looks like its taken from Toyota Innova, I mean copied from Innova, a sad part.
5) As usual the pricing will hit many mainly Tavera. I am afraid Tavera will lose a lot of market. GM will have to act fast to prevent this.

After looking at the images, I think this can be facelifted Innova also.

The article from WorldCarFans :
Quote:
Spies have recently caught what is beleived to be the Tata Safari, or possibly the new Indicruz MPV in the most uncovered shots to date. Photographed during a fuel stop with a team of British engineers, the Indian company's MPV/SUV is being tested before release as a second-generation.

Tata's Safari is India's first locally produced SUV. Spy shots show off the vehicle's rounded off front, which makes it look a bit more like an MPV, leading to speculation it's the new Indicruz MPV model (aka Xover concept), however it's raised ride height puts it in SUV league in our estimation.

Tata will hopefully lighten the weight of the next-gen Safari, which comes to a massive 2115 kg (4663 lbs). Adding all-wheel-drive also increases the weight by 110 kg (243 lbs). The company is trying to address the fact that their heavy beast is woefully underpowered. A new 3.0-liter turbo diesel Direct Injection Common Rail engine produces 116 PS and 300 Nm of torque. We would hope the next gen gets even more power as well.

If you have never heard of Tata Motors before, perhaps you know them as the new owners of Jaguar-Land Rover. The two divisions were sold to the Indian company last March. Tata Motors also made waves in 2008 with the Tata Nano, a tiny four-person car priced just as small at $2,500.

There is no word yet on a release date for the new Tata Safari. The current model ranges in price from $16,360 to $28,480.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 22nd January 2009 at 07:55.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks