Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2009, 13:18   #271
BHPian

The license plate shows it is registered in second half of 2007, so it is more than an year TATA's are testing the vehicle. TATA might want to test it longterm to give a refined product, which may be looking not just for Indian market, but also to Europe and other global markets.
Old 26th January 2009, 22:47   #272
Senior - BHPian

guys the steering in the last interior pics on the previous page seems to be a LR item (Disco 3?)so LR having an influence on the car seems apparent this could also be the reason for the delay in launch as they came on the scene resently who better to ad inputs in a SUV/MUV than them
Old 27th January 2009, 01:31   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Well all this info is from Commercial vehicle plants... indica range all gets manufactured in passenger vehicle plant hence those news are not shared... hence very less info from it...

but safari would be a major face lift as the current face lift is quite ageing... will try to provide more concrete info on it.
Go 007 Go. Gather information pertinent for all your freinds on the forum. Eagerly awaiting your inputs
Old 27th January 2009, 13:29   #274
Senior - BHPian

This looks really macho (as far as MPV/MUVs go). I hope Tata achieves the kind of interior standards as in the Vista, instead of what they have done with the Grande.
Looking at the twin exhausts, Will the 2.2 dicor be putting out more power than it is doing on the Safari??
Old 28th January 2009, 11:46   #275

I think Tata plans to take Europe more seriously, and hopefully the ABS and ESP trickles down to its Indian offerings. Im glad Tata is going thru all this trouble, I will now definitely take a second look at a Tata as they are trying to get it right. Kudos.
Old 28th January 2009, 15:13   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
This looks really macho (as far as MPV/MUVs go). I hope Tata achieves the kind of interior standards as in the Vista, instead of what they have done with the Grande.
Looking at the twin exhausts, Will the 2.2 dicor be putting out more power than it is doing on the Safari??
How about 1.9MJD with 150+BHP?
Old 28th January 2009, 15:45   #277
Team-BHP Support

Another spotting here

Tata Safari caught out in the cold | Spy Shots | News | Auto Express
Old 29th January 2009, 12:03   #278
Senior - BHPian

Photoshop gurus, can you remove the camo from the photo with the rear 3-quarter view ? and remove the ugly black part from the 3rd window. That should show the car in its true form!

thanks
Srini
Old 29th January 2009, 16:02   #279
Senior - BHPian

the interiors look odd with squarish looks all over. no smooth contours and finish. its going to be a toss.
Old 29th January 2009, 18:39   #280
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Photoshop gurus, can you remove the camo from the photo with the rear 3-quarter view ? and remove the ugly black part from the 3rd window. That should show the car in its true form!
Worked on the pic a bit.. i could've done better, but didnt try too hard.

Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-xover1.jpg
Old 29th January 2009, 18:48   #281
Senior - BHPian

That doesnt look anything like a Safari. Looks like Tata trying to do an Innova.
Old 29th January 2009, 21:07   #282
Senior - BHPian

from rear that thing looks almost exactly same as an indigo marina with raised ride height and some minor design changes.. are we sure this is a MPV or is it just a next gen Indigo Vista Marina...AllROad version, just like they have the Audi A4/A6 Allroads or the Fiat Palio Adventure?
Old 29th January 2009, 21:12   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
from rear that thing looks almost exactly same as an indigo marina with raised ride height and some minor design changes.. are we sure this is a MPV or is it just a next gen Indigo Vista Marina...AllROad version, just like they have the Audi A4/A6 Allroads or the Fiat Palio Adventure?

I am wondering if this is a combination of all things you mentioned .

Wagons are a bit popular in Europe and since TATA has big plans for europe, this might as well be the combination of Wagon and MPV. I think that makes sense because in Europe, JLR do not have a wagon and if the quality is good, they are complimenting the current offering in Europe.

I like this idea and it would also open up a new segment (I know wagons have been a failure till now, but TATA Estate was good back in the day...) in India. If it works, others have to catchup.

Lets see how this pans out, but way to go TATA
Old 29th January 2009, 23:10   #284
BHPian

Nice looking design from Tata but I hope the headlights & taillamps wont look as if borrowed from Indica Vista . I hope this is not based upon the traditional ladder frame chassis.
Old 29th January 2009, 23:57   #285

that is some concept vehicle from TATA at one of the auto shows. its indeed not a safari!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks