Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2009, 21:19   #436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Is it just me who feels that this is more of a cosmetic surgery on the existing Safari?

Better engines and price matched interiors are what we really need. Even though a decade old, the existing safari is still a handsome beast.
Its the new facelifted safari to meet E-IV
Same 2.2 Powertrain, E-IV with introduction of cooled EGR & tweaked ECU. Interior cosmetic changes, more ergonomics at play,Vista Headlights.. rest all same is all i could gather. Estimated launch nxt yr April / May.
Old 30th July 2009, 21:43   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
This is definitely not the Indicruz. Hope Tata's have got some input from JLR on the latest Safari. Besides the quality issues, i hope Tatas will put in forward facing third row seats and integrate the roof ac vents into the roof panel as opposed to the ugly thing that makes it look like a Refridgerated truck.
I hope this really happens.
The good feature is that it will come with traction control apart from hosts of gizmos like ABS, tyretronics etc. JLR has definetly given them thoughts on how a good passenger vehicle should be designed
Old 30th July 2009, 22:28   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I sincerely hope it is not designed by the same knuckle-heads that designed the Sumo Not-So-Grande.
OT,

There was a soft launch for TCIC Grande? or with the old Dicor ? If I heard correctly, its the TCIC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Same 2.2 Powertrain, E-IV with introduction of cooled EGR & tweaked ECU. Interior cosmetic changes, more ergonomics at play,Vista Headlights.. rest all same is all i could gather. Estimated launch nxt yr April / May.
cooled EGR => more power. Good. 160bhp?

Quote:
The good feature is that it will come with traction control apart from hosts of gizmos like ABS, tyretronics etc. JLR has definetly given them thoughts on how a good passenger vehicle should be designed
Thats great news.
Old 31st July 2009, 06:33   #439
BHPian

This should be an all new design. Note the profile of the entire vehicle seems to be lowered as compared to the tallish Safari and seems o be wider too.
Old 31st July 2009, 09:33   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
cooled EGR => more power. Good. 160bhp?
Does cooled EGR got anything to do with increased BHP? (when compared to standard EGR)

I thought it was just to keep emission of nitrogen oxides under check in order to meet EuroIV norms.

If it comes with increased power, its always welcome
Old 31st July 2009, 10:20   #441
SUV
BHPian

Quote:

Hmmm ... I thought the Specs were 2.2 / 180 BHP / New GB

And Vista Headlight on a Safari - Yucky ..... Given the profile of the Test Mule i dont think so ... I think it modelled more on the lines of the Grande (I mean simila in Profile)...
Old 31st July 2009, 10:30   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV View Post
Vista Headlight on a Safari - Yucky ..... Given the profile of the Test Mule i dont think so ... I think it modelled more on the lines of the Grande (I mean simila in Profile)...
I guess it would have headlamps similar to Indicruz which resembles Vista headlamps somewhat.

I really hope our in-house photoshop experts would do an unwrapping once a better resolution spyshot is available.
Old 31st July 2009, 10:50   #443
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The VX version already has Taction control, GX & Vx both already have ABS. Tyretronics are compulsory today in US. I guess this is would be an automatic to be added feature in the future versions.
Old 31st July 2009, 11:07   #444
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
Topic heading needs to be changed, Indicruz & Safari are 2 diff. vehicles.
Indicruz is a MUV while Safari an SUV.
YEP, MODS pls note, this should be in a seperate thread

[quote=aditya79india;1408391]I tried starting a new thread for the new Safari, but was deleted by mods.

I think that was wrong. A SEPERATE THREAD is Needed.This is definately not the Xover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
I think the Safari's quality have improved by leaps and bounds since the heydays. But that said it dose need a major design overhaul, especially the interiors which still looks circa 80s. Like 4x4addict mentioned that A/C unit needs to be much smaller as well, there are home split units for sale that are more compact than Safari's rear vents.
It needs to shed a lot of weight, there is at least half a tonne of excess metal fat on the Safari.
All said and done no other SUV provides bang (esp. road pressence) for the buck like the Safari and hoping the new model continues on this strength.
Yep that half tone needs to go. right on the road presence and and the ac splits as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Disagree.. I think TCIC Safari after the initial niggles were sorted out had the best quality. The quality started going down post DICOR 3.0
TCICI Engine quality was good ( as in reliable) finally. But the interiors of Dicor were better. Electronics that used to fail during the TCIC days also got more reliable during the Dicor times but they added new electronics that are further failure points. Plus the complicated Dicor engine elelectonics add to the reliablity issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
4x4 addict tatas tried hard to incorparte 3rd row but the desgin does not permit the chassis moves upward in the rear section and the roof line cannot accomodate it something like that I still fee it can be done lets see!
Yep the design does not premit 3rd row, required a chassis change. The Roof line cannot fit adults in 3rd row presently unless they go for endeavour type floor level seats, which too would not be useful.
Old 1st August 2009, 13:37   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The VX version already has Taction control, GX & Vx both already have ABS...
Are you sure of this?

I do not think so.
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:26   #446
BHPian

No version of the Safari has traction control. At the very best, you get a limited slip differential in the 4x4 model.
Old 9th August 2009, 23:52   #447
BHPian

Guys,

Anymore sightings or news on the new Safari apart from the Overdrive scoop?
Old 10th August 2009, 08:57   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The good feature is that it will come with traction control apart from hosts of gizmos like ABS, tyretronics etc.
ahaa... tyre tronics! definietely going the mahindra way, scorpios are about to face the heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The VX version already has Taction control, GX & Vx both already have ABS.
the safari does not have traction control.
Old 10th August 2009, 09:00   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Does cooled EGR got anything to do with increased BHP? (when compared to standard EGR)

I thought it was just to keep emission of nitrogen oxides under check in order to meet EuroIV norms.

If it comes with increased power, its always welcome
Read so. Not sure. Will post linky if I find.
Old 10th August 2009, 09:42   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
ahaa... tyre tronics! definietely going the mahindra way, scorpios are about to face the heat!
the safari does not have traction control.
The tyretronics or TPMS is just a simple $50 add-on for any vehicle with tubeless tyre. A multitude of kits are available on ebay and I saw a TPMS kit from 3rd Eye being sold in India as well.

Whats desirable is the traction control which our homegrown SUV's currently lacks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks