Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2009, 19:27   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
ESP
New body design(inline with LR's design)
Rear wheel tucked neatly underneath
Same 2.2l Engine
Any idea when we can see this puppy?
Old 29th August 2009, 13:00   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
ESP
New body design(inline with LR's design)
Rear wheel tucked neatly underneath
Same 2.2l Engine
wow, many here would love to see this happening, any chances of scoops or something to wait till then?
Old 30th August 2009, 00:02   #468
superveloce

guys i can tell you first hand that the indicruz is going to be one of the biggest surprises from tata in years.

i had a chance to check out the indicruz test car parked inside our company campus. the indicruz has vista inspire front headlights, with orange eyelashes a la 5 series. the low beam is a projection headlamp. the centre console has a 5"x3" high resolution color screen display with absolutely every feature from dvd playback to vehicle statistics. it has climate control and biege interiors. the powerplant will be the 2.2L DICOR but the power output is unconfirmed. the vehicle has rear disc brakes. yes the first indian muv/suv to have rear discs.
the 2nd row leg room was pretty good but 3rd row was removed.

**this was the p2 i.e. the prototype 2 so the final model will have some changes.
will update as and when possible.

Old 30th August 2009, 12:07   #469
Senior - BHPian

Nice info there. Do you have the pics of the interiors, by any chance?
Any idea about the launch date?
Old 30th August 2009, 12:22   #470
Senior - BHPian

superveloce, hey thats a good info for this cruze, so firstly what would it be a new safari or indicruze.2.2L dicor so maybe they would tune it but most were awaiting for newer engine.Do try to capture some pics next time if you can.
Old 30th August 2009, 16:58   #471
superveloce

i work for tata motors. and being an employee i cant reveal pictures that i have of the indigo vista sedan, nor can i be seen taking pictures inside the factory of prototype models. that would be highly unprofessional. its the petrolhead inside me that made me post these details so all the bhpians are not left believing rumours or hunches.
also from what i have heard the indicruz is not the new safari, either a brand new safari or a restyled safari is on its way. test modules have not yet been generated but it may be here even before the indicruz. the indicruz is expected in 2010 only.

Old 30th August 2009, 17:37   #472
BHPian

@ superveloce: Did you mean to say the new/re-styled Safari might hit the streets in 2009 itself?

or

It may just arrive before Indicruz sometime in 2010?
Old 30th August 2009, 17:55   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
i work for tata motors. and being an employee i cant reveal pictures that i have of the indigo vista sedan, nor can i be seen taking pictures inside the factory of prototype models. that would be highly unprofessional. its the petrolhead inside me that made me post these details so all the bhpians are not left believing rumours or hunches.
also from what i have heard the indicruz is not the new safari, either a brand new safari or a restyled safari is on its way. test modules have not yet been generated but it may be here even before the indicruz. the indicruz is expected in 2010 only.
well i too work for tata motors and i am very closely associated with the indicruz team. the J14 block is getting ready with the new assembly line, network access points and all the other machines.
already it has been delayed and the plan is to produce 10 vehicles daily and start production by september end. the launch date is not yet planned.
the vehicle will be costlier than innova and will have lot of hitech stuffs. i hope they get the plastic quality right. different powertrains, variant colors and trim levels will be the characteristic of this MUV.
this is the best looking MUV i have ever seen

regarding new safari, its a kind of major face lift. yet not in its final approval stage. design is a bit at vague level right now.

personally i dint like the boot of the indigo vista. too orthodox. looks odd when the most beautiful LINEA is around.
Old 30th August 2009, 18:35   #474
Senior - BHPian

Well, I DONT work for TM and this is all I know/ can reveal and for the *New* Safari only, have no info on Indicruz.

As per my info the *new* Safari launch is end of 2009/ early 2010. This is also Inline with the BSIV emission norms to be in place by April 2010 in 7 major cities in India with the rest under BSIII.

Unfortunately I have no clue on the Engine specs for this.

Last edited by dadu : 30th August 2009 at 18:41.
Old 30th August 2009, 18:48   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

@Amit : If
Quote:
amit_mechengg : well i too work for tata motors and i am very closely associated with the indicruz team.
.. then wouldnt you know about :
Quote:
amit_mechengg : .. i hope they get the plastic quality right.
On another note,
Quote:
amit_mechengg : this is the best looking MUV i have ever seen
Quote:
amit_mechengg : regarding new safari, its a kind of major face lift.
Are these also getting the smooth curvy shapes a-la Captiva etc, or some well defined lines like the Fortuner etc ?
Old 30th August 2009, 19:21   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
guys i can tell you first hand that the indicruz is going to be one of the biggest surprises from tata in years.

i had a chance to check out the indicruz test car parked inside our company campus. the indicruz has vista inspire front headlights, with orange eyelashes a la 5 series. the low beam is a projection headlamp. the centre console has a 5"x3" high resolution color screen display with absolutely every feature from dvd playback to vehicle statistics. it has climate control and biege interiors. the powerplant will be the 2.2L DICOR but the power output is unconfirmed. the vehicle has rear disc brakes. yes the first indian muv/suv to have rear discs.
the 2nd row leg room was pretty good but 3rd row was removed.

**this was the p2 i.e. the prototype 2 so the final model will have some changes.
will update as and when possible.
whoa! very very impressive specs. this seems to be ultimate tata! a product definitely worth waiting for.
Old 30th August 2009, 20:02   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
...The vehicle will be costlier than innova and will have lot of hitech stuffs...
Then it's not a competition to the Xylo..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
.....different powertrains, variant colors and trim levels will be the characteristic of this MUV....
Different powertrains.. Any other engine than the 2.2 Dicor? Will it have a Petrol engine, too?
Old 30th August 2009, 21:58   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Amit : If .. then wouldnt you know about :

On another note,

Are these also getting the smooth curvy shapes a-la Captiva etc, or some well defined lines like the Fortuner etc ?
well regarding the plastic quality only a rough finished dash and trims have been deployed on test vehicles. ADT team is still finalising the vendors, the prices and the quality of plastics. so i dont know how the final finish will be

i dint get a chance to see the new bumpers and wheel arcs etc without the covers, but the overall vehicle was quite bulky. especially the bonnet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Then it's not a competition to the Xylo..?

Different powertrains.. Any other engine than the 2.2 Dicor? Will it have a Petrol engine, too?
no they are not eyeing xylo. earlier lots will have 2.2 dicor. with EURO IV norms may be external help from FIAT will be taken. a different better gearbox is also expected.

EXTERNAL looks is final and very much perfect. no flaws. best looking of the lots. but internal is not yet finished. even the upholstery.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:12   #479
BHPian

Hey Amit, so is the all new safari going to be launched this year?
Old 31st August 2009, 10:17   #480
Senior - BHPian

Good job with the updates guys
Closed Thread

Most Viewed