Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 10:57   #526
BHPian

That must be Indicruz. I read it somewhere that it going live sometime this year end /Jan10. So it must be in its final testing phase.

It's going to be launched as a MUV directly competing with Xylo. But if its priced more than Innova, Good luck Tata. Xylo is selling fast because its a good VFM. IMO, to beat Xylo it has to be priced competitively.

The good times are ahead.
Old 14th September 2009, 11:07   #527
BHPian

That must be Indicruz. I wish tata price it in between 6.5-7L(base version) which would be real value for money.
Old 14th September 2009, 11:29   #528
BHPian

The snaps are not Watermarked?
Old 14th September 2009, 12:12   #529
Senior - BHPian

Tata must be smoking some good stuff to even think of pricing the Indicruz higher than the Innova. It should be priced on par with the Xylo.
Old 14th September 2009, 12:42   #530
Senior - BHPian

Indicruz spotted again. I guess the launch time is near. This vehicle needs to enter soon, for Tatas have some of the best design on their cars (which are original, unlike Indigo, Marina etc).

This will surely look better than Xylo and cost less than Innova.
Old 14th September 2009, 12:52   #531
BHPian

Whichever ride it is...it seems to be a good idea of shielding the paint/polish from the rough wheather....parking cover minus cutouts for the windshields !!! PJ maybe..
Old 14th September 2009, 14:40   #532
Senior - BHPian

From the little details available so far, the four wheel discs, Multi Function central display, its pretty evident that this is not a Cheap MUV aimed at the Xylo/Tavera/Taxi Market. Also the Performance/Handling impressions seen on the test mules so far, this cars driveability is aimed at achieving much more than a A to B taxi vehicle.
That said with the history it has, Tata will have more sceptics than supporters when it aims the Indicruz above the Innova, price and performance wise. But if they do get it right, and it looks like thay are trying very hard to, it will go a long way in slaying the ghosts accompanying the Tata badge.
There is no denying it, Tata has a lot of work to do to get it right, the product is only the first stage, then there is the sales and service which will have to meet the higher customer expectations of a customer who is ready to spend more than 10 lacs on the car.
I for one would like to see them succeed and wishing them all the best.
Old 14th September 2009, 14:47   #533
Senior - BHPian

I have seen the same car in Chennai before a Month.
I might have posted somewhere in T-Bhp itslef.
The car featured with 18 inch continental tyres and Dashboards and Front grills were ripped off anh has only 2 round headlights fitted in the Chassis.
I asked the driver about the car and he simply ignored and faded out in the Chennai traffic near koyembedu Bus stand.
Old 15th September 2009, 12:51   #534
BHPian

M & M have a plant in Chakan. So MH12 = Only Tata is wrong.

Quote:
Pawan Goenka, president, automotive division, of M&M, said the new SUV will be manufactured at the company's Chakan plant in Maharashtra and positioned a notch higher than the flagship Scorpio.
News about the Global M&M SUV being developed at Chakan in today TOI Mumbai.
Old 16th September 2009, 10:52   #535
BHPian

New Tata Safari

I was at a Tata Service Center in Gurgaon, yesterday. Was told by not just the GM of the service center, but the guy who had come from Tata's that a new Safari is planned for launched post diwali.
The engine is the same, but more refined. The BIG change is the look. And yes the wheeel mounting at the back is going under. This will change the look big time. Someting I will not like. The Rugged SUV looks goes.

Cant imagine the Safari withou that.

Can anyone confirm this??
Old 16th September 2009, 10:57   #536
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Country Road : The BIG change is the look. And yes the wheeel mounting at the back is going under. This will change the look big time. Someting I will not like. The Rugged SUV looks goes.

Cant imagine the Safari withou that.
If that happens, guys like you & me will have to check if it is possible to use the old Safari door - where the spare wheel's door-mounted.

Last edited by condor : 16th September 2009 at 11:07.
Old 16th September 2009, 11:04   #537
BHPian

Wheel mounted back door

The reson given by the TATA guy for removing the wheel from the back was the constant back door problem faced by the Safari owners. Since they could not do much to solve the problem, the just got rid of the wheel from the back door. Other changes, in terms of look they could not tell.
Old 16th September 2009, 11:11   #538
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

wheel going below the rear seems inevitable, though if they have then the Merc M class mode of having a seperate swing arm for the wheel and kept it in the rear itself as if door mounted it would have helped the look.

mounting the wheel below the rear will also improve stability lower centre of gravity, Also the rear visibiltiy will improve, though the car felt safer in a rear accident (which I have had due to the rear door mounted wheel.)

Hear say wheel on rear door, but going below the rear base is logical (head at work)
Old 16th September 2009, 11:33   #539
Distinguished - BHPian

No doubts about the CG part. Rear visibility is not a problem, though.

My biggest argument against having the wheel down there is the tonne of c.r.a.p that gets deposited on the wheel there. Looks is another aspect, though not as big a concern as the functional part.
Old 16th September 2009, 12:38   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
I was at a Tata Service Center in Gurgaon, yesterday. Was told by not just the GM of the service center, but the guy who had come from Tata's that a new Safari is planned for launched post diwali.
Is this upgraded Safari or New Safari. We all are aware of how the word new is used in India. I hope this is not just cosmetic upgraded car or not a slightly modified chassis like it is the case with Grande Sumo.

Tata needs a new platform for this SUV through which the handling can be improved keeping ride the same. I also hope that this car moves on to monocoque construction for better on road behavior.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks