Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:41   #871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
when i saw inside, the dashboard was in white and black colour, like skoda fabia. there was satellite navigation in the middle. instrumental console was somewhat similar to fiat linea.I dont remember the AC control was manual or automatic. chrome strips around windows.
the car has CURTAIN AIRBAGS, both for driver,co-driver and passengers. there was DVD screen at the room( just like old limited edition tata safari).
the guy said this car will cost around 14 to 15 lakhs.. very costly imo. lets expect this will be cost around 10 to 13 lakhs. i love this car.
It's looks TATA is very much interested in International markets mainly European markets and that's why they are giving so many features.I think they might have sourced these features from LR.

tushky: are you sure that the screen has sat navigation,because these big screen can be used for music player and other vehicle info too.

But 14 to 15 lakh for high end is way too high and too for a car which is manufactured in India with (may be) 90% or more locally ,they might go for max 11 with these loaded features.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:43   #872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
It's
tushky: are you sure that the screen has sat navigation,because these big screen can be used for music player and other vehicle info too.
i asked to that tata person. he said that it has navigation.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:43   #873
Senior - BHPian

The more I look at this beauty the more it makes me beleive that it is not just a people mover ala Xylo/Innova. It's much more than that!

Good job Tata. Bring it on!

@tushky, good job as always with the pics. And a nice drawing too

Last edited by safari_lover : 2nd December 2009 at 16:46.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:43   #874
Senior - BHPian

beautiful snaps tushky. it seems you are not in a mood to spare the test guys . the drawing of the dash looks very nice. the interiors will be of different color to match the exterior color. isnt it a surprise from tata ?

also did you check the roof? the best roof with LCDs (multiple) and cabin lights and AC vents. All these are very very slim and elegant. also the third row has AC on the pillars as well as top. the AC stuff is just overdone

third row is congested same dimensions as innova.dont expect xylo space here.

the price is very much justified. but i dont know how we people will take it from tata.

music player + navigation + vehicle info = display in the centre console

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 2nd December 2009 at 16:46.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:44   #875
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Looks like a winner. I feel it will be success if priced competitively with the Innova and if they wake up the man in charge of Tata's Quality Control.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:46   #876
BHPian

well, 14 lakhs with Sat Nav. is not a bad deal.

what say?

the lower end ones might start from 11 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Looks like a winner. I feel it will be success if priced competitively with the Innova and if they wake up the man in charge of Tata's Quality Control.
First, they have to hire one.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Dippy : 2nd December 2009 at 17:10. Reason: See note in post.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:49   #877
Senior - BHPian

Great job, @tushky
wow - thatz a nice surprize from Tata. She is a looker - the more I look, the more I like the design.

14L with sat nav and all the bells and wishtles seems to be a good price. Hope the lower end will start from somewere around 10L bracket.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:52   #878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
beautiful snaps tushky. it seems you are not in a mood to spare the test guys . the drawing of the dash looks very nice. the interiors will be of different color to match the exterior color. isnt it a surprise from tata ?

also did you check the roof? the best roof with LCDs (multiple) and cabin lights and AC vents. All these are very very slim and elegant. also the third row has AC on the pillars as well as top. the AC stuff is just overdone

third row is congested same dimensions as innova.dont expect xylo space here.

the price is very much justified. but i dont know how we people will take it from tata.

music player + navigation + vehicle info = display in the centre console
thanks. yes i want to catch scoops before the year end. from next year i wont be able to catch scoops til 2011.
and there was only one LCD on the roof for passanges. 3rd row was full of water cans so couldnt see anything. but am sure this car will come with more surprises.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:55   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks. yes i want to catch scoops before the year end. from next year i wont be able to catch scoops til 2011.
and there was only one LCD on the roof for passanges. 3rd row was full of water cans so couldnt see anything. but am sure this car will come with more surprises.
those cans were for loading the vehicle at the rear. suspension and alignment check etc. dont know which was the one you got to see. but both are running on the road. 4X4 as well as 4X2. did it have alloys?
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:58   #880
Senior - BHPian

One thing for sure, the car has good road presence. Great work TATA, please ensure you get the product right from the plastics to power!!We are with you!

Good catch!
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:58   #881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
those cans were for loading the vehicle at the rear. suspension and alignment check etc. dont know which was the one you got to see. but both are running on the road. 4X4 as well as 4X2. did it have alloys?
just regular alloys like currant Safari. but i have also seen this car with upmarket alloys and tinted windows. but i was shocked to see curtain airbags in tata car. that too for passangers.

Last edited by tushky : 2nd December 2009 at 17:00.
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:06   #882
Senior - BHPian

Tushky, great find & thanks for giving us a first look at the front end! This is going to be one hell of a launch from TATA, if only they can get their QC up to speed, this is going to be a winner!
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:11   #883
Senior - BHPian

The Technicians are back from the Indicruz training which lasted a week and plant visit in pune.

The EuroIV compliance is due to water cooled EGR and EIV ECU firmware. Engine remains the same 2.2l.
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:29   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry tushky for asking this question. Going out of country? Will be missing your scoops for whole of the year.
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:38   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
The Technicians are back from the Indicruz training which lasted a week and plant visit in pune.

The EuroIV compliance is due to water cooled EGR and EIV ECU firmware. Engine remains the same 2.2l.
Wow Dadu.. that was fast
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks