Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:45   #886
BHPian

Great to know tata incorporating contemporary features such as SAT NAVIGATION, Curtain airbags, Side pillar A/C vents, High quality OEM Audio/Video entertainment etc.

I wish TATA price it with its traditional VFM factor flavour with great respectable quality reflecting in its new generation products.

The more and more TATA offers the international features in its products to Indian customers at great VFM price with its strategic inputs from JLR and FIAT it will do great benefits for Indian car buyers.

The other market players who leech indian customers with exorbidant prices will be forced to respect indian customers's VFM expectation and make a price correction and their attitude towards indian Market.

I wish TATA a great Success.
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:48   #887
Team-BHP Support

Okay, is it just me or does anybody also thinks that Tata displayed a version at Auto Expo 2006?
Here is the pic. It looks different, but there are lots of similarities, esp the grill
Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-67761234_hjvpnl.jpg
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:04   #888
Senior - BHPian

With the Features, Size and Looks of the Indicruz its pretty evident it rests in a segment above the Innova. Like everyone in this thread Im praying the quality justifies the same.
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:09   #889
Senior - BHPian

why should tata plan to target a segment higher than what the taxi segment is prepared to accept? Unless it can achieve price parity, like it did with the indica, it is going to end up like the sumo grande, stuck with a vehicle bigger than the brand.

That is , unless tata's primary market is elsewhere ( like the xenon) and it will just be sold here for those who might be willing to pay the sticker price for exclusivity
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:31   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
those cans were for loading the vehicle at the rear. suspension and alignment check etc. dont know which was the one you got to see. but both are running on the road. 4X4 as well as 4X2. did it have alloys?
so the 14 lakh high end has 4X4,but i feel providing 4x4 in an MUV is of very less use and only few customer may perfer this 4X4 .so what's will be the price 4x2 with all the features 13 lakh!

Is auto for 4X4?

is TATA trying to generate less volume compared to Innova?
if the price is more than 10> then the yearly units sold will be around 15000 max which is very evident by seeing Altis or any other vehicle

Last edited by Sudan_NFS : 2nd December 2009 at 18:48.
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:35   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Sorry tushky for asking this question. Going out of country? Will be missing your scoops for whole of the year.
yeah i am going to US in early jan. will try to get international scoops from there.
Old 2nd December 2009, 21:38   #892
BHPian

have to admit, the indicruze looks amazing!!!
Old 2nd December 2009, 22:16   #893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
why should tata plan to target a segment higher than what the taxi segment is prepared to accept? Unless it can achieve price parity, like it did with the indica, it is going to end up like the sumo grande, stuck with a vehicle bigger than the brand.

That is , unless tata's primary market is elsewhere ( like the xenon) and it will just be sold here for those who might be willing to pay the sticker price for exclusivity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
so the 14 lakh high end has 4X4,but i feel providing 4x4 in an MUV is of very less use and only few customer may perfer this 4X4 .so what's will be the price 4x2 with all the features 13 lakh!

Is auto for 4X4?

if the price is more than 10> then the yearly units sold will be around 15000 max which is very evident by seeing Altis or any other vehicle

its not just focused at the indian market. the safari sells most in SA , Italy and many other countries. indicruz will be a hit elsewhere whatever the price may be , 11 lacs or 14 lacs . this has already been confirmed from representatives abroad. recently italian team had also visited tata motors..as far as i know
Old 2nd December 2009, 22:17   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post

Is auto for 4X4?

+1

If TATA prices the indicruz above 10 lakhs (11-14L), then this car will not be a volume player. But TATA needs one good offering in every segment that is VFM and a volume vehicle. Otherwise it will take too long to fix their bad reputation due to QC or the lack of it.

At the least they could come up with something akin to either safari GX or scorpio SLE without hi-fi electronics, but all the required mechanicals.
Old 3rd December 2009, 05:54   #895
Senior - BHPian

Tata must be primarily focussing on the export markets for the Indicruz. Whats the use of providing curtain airbags in a market that is only warming to front airbags. The likes of Fortuner & Endeavour dont even provide side airbags for all passengers forget curtain airbags. The vehicle must've been designed to fly through the European NCAP tests with 5 stars and by doing this it will be the first Indian vehicle to do so. This reputation should bode well for future Indian exports rather than gain bad reputation like the chinese.

With the likes of the Vista and the Manza, Tata have provided offerings that are very much on par with offerings from others, wether its features or quality wise. Hoping with the Indicruz Tata is looking to set benchmarks rather than play catch up.
Old 3rd December 2009, 06:36   #896
Senior - BHPian

Lol people had a problem with the innova's looks when it was released sometime back.
this looks like an indica on steroids from the front and rather crude from the back.
Old 3rd December 2009, 09:17   #897
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

TATA may have been targetting other markets as well with this.

15000 per year is I guess close to the current Safari numbers as well.

14L would I belive be too high for this. 12.5L max is what it should go for since it is locally manufactured.

There is a brand deficit that TATA has to pay for currently.

at 14L it would be close to the 4X2 Endy, and even the 17L Endy with sat nav, auto xmission and 4X4 is not too far off.

Also would be interested to know if with the 4X4 the ground clearance and hight is sufficent to make this close to the Fortuner / Endy as an SUV or will it still be just a bigger Innova like MUV.

There are MUV buyers amongst us and there are SUV buyers. I would be more the SUV kind, but could compromise a bit but have not been able to go down to the Innova levels which is too clearly an MUV. So the serious question that will tempt all till the new Safari is out is if they need to plonk money for this MUV with 4X4 without the Toyota reliablity or resale or the Ford's better reliability or to trust the Indian Products, the new Mahindra SUV is too far off to be comptemplated right now.

Wish they release the Safari as best as they can make it as well along side this at the Auto Expo - there seem to be no clear hints to this for sure plus none seen on the roads so very iffy.
Old 3rd December 2009, 09:27   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Lol people had a problem with the innova's looks when it was released sometime back.
this looks like an indica on steroids from the front and rather crude from the back.
Innova front was/is one of the worst, and the facelifted innova is even worse. I agree with you on the crude look at the rear, somehow it did not appeal to me. Font look very proportionate and well made, let's wait and watch.

Pricing is the key factor here, not the features that 'TATA' cars offer.
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:27   #899
BHPian

On the new safari, I happened to meet a service advisor at Mallik Cars yesterday.
He was not very sure of the new safari coming in Jan though he had heard of it, but was very sure of Indicruz and that its a innova lookalike

For Safari, when I asked him about the spare wheel no longer on the tail door, he said, they already received 3-4 such vehicles a few days back and were immediately transferred to BEL, for something to do with Army transportation etc.

He said the car was exactly the same, and the spare wheel was absent. It was there but was now accessible from the dikky which has a little lowered floor!!!!

To him it looked like a woman without "Choti" :-)

Rajeev
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:33   #900
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post

For Safari, when I asked him about the spare wheel no longer on the tail door, he said, they already received 3-4 such vehicles

He said the car was exactly the same, and the spare wheel was absent. It was there but was now accessible from the dikky which has a little lowered floor!!!!

To him it looked like a woman without "Choti" :-)

Rajeev
The LOWERED FLOOR if true would imply the possibility of more comfortable seating at the rear in the safari.

The spare wheels mounted below the rear are never accessible from the dickey rather they are lowered down to the floor via a chain mounted to a disk placed below the centre hub.

Obviously the other stuff on the rear door like the wheel mount frame would also have to go.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed