Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2009, 22:49   #1141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
woh purani pics kahan se aa gayi? head light ka design upar wali pic mein to dekho, kaafi farak hai.

6 january....

06th Jan ? I was wondering if the launch will be on day 1 of auto expo, i.e. on 05th Jan !!
Old 31st December 2009, 01:01   #1142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
06th Jan ? I was wondering if the launch will be on day 1 of auto expo, i.e. on 05th Jan !!
Seems like Sid is waiting for someone else to break the scoop photo.
Old 31st December 2009, 09:13   #1143
Distinguished - BHPian

From the pic post it seems to have projector headlamps as well. Well TATA is definitely moving ahead. Lets see whats more in store for us with this new one.
Old 31st December 2009, 10:46   #1144
BHPian

yes the photos I posted in my earlier post are taken by somebody else (Tushky!) and not me and I have also mentioned about it in my earlier post. I just posted to get feeling of what Indicruze might look like!

OK but how come nobody (including sid-who we presume (are sure!) has all the knowledge of Indicruze) not saying anything on WIPERS? (movement from center to side)-Sid, atleast confirm or deny this.

OT: Hye how come these companies can keep so much secrecy about their products that nobody (almost nobody) can have hands (eyes!) on them? It just wonders me!

Back to topic: Do anybody know (for sure) about whether TATA is going to launch Indicruze in market immediately after AutoExpo or we still have to wait for another year or 2? since first concept of Xover/Indiva was shown way back in 2003 and 2005.
Indiva: The Hindu Business Line : Tata Engg unveils 7-seater `Indiva'

Xover: Tata Motors - Media Centre
Old 31st December 2009, 10:58   #1145
BHPian

The pics seem to giveaway a lot about the external appearence which looks postively good.

I think it looks quite attractive including the headlamps and taillamps The Vista shape headlamps suit this vehicle more than Vista and Manza IMO.

The Size looks imposing and hope it translates to more space and well planned utilisation for a better interior experience.

The massive wheel wells seem a bit of an overkill.

The design, Quality of interiors, features, torque and power figures and many more things to look forward to.

Will be a very important product for Tata.
Old 31st December 2009, 12:19   #1146
BHPian

Sidindicaji, even if you want to keep the exterior profile secret, atleast reveal something. Say a few interior shots or maybe just the detailed tech specs.
Old 31st December 2009, 12:20   #1147
Senior - BHPian

These spy pictures leave nothing to the imagination. The vehicle looks good, can definitely take the fight to the INNOVA. Now, pricing will be the most curcial aspect.
Old 31st December 2009, 12:40   #1148
BHPian

Suspense Thriller

This suspense is too much to handle, truly hope the product lives up to the hype created.

Real make or break chance for TATA to emerge a global player capable of competing with global marquees.

As for Sidindica, he can definitely direct a suspense thriller, he'll put a RGV to shame
Old 31st December 2009, 14:47   #1149
Senior - BHPian

5 more days;

The Vista headlamps are a stop gap measure on the test mules, the most recent spy shots of the Indicruz front reveals that the headlamps are all new units.
I dont think at the rumored price and specs Tata is looking at the Innova's market. The primary intention of this car will be to give Tata a foothold in the global market.
Old 31st December 2009, 15:56   #1150
Senior - BHPian

My gut feeling:

they will position this just below Innova in India. And also a premium loaded model priced above Innova's V model.

they want to destroy Innova with this model in India.
Old 31st December 2009, 16:45   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
My gut feeling:

they will position this just below Innova in India. And also a premium loaded model priced above Innova's V model.

they want to destroy Innova with this model in India.

Isn't that wishful thinking?

Anyways, I want to believe that the INDICRUZ will not flatter to deceive.
Old 31st December 2009, 18:43   #1152
BHPian

Indicruze may come with,
7 seater
4.85 meter long
crossover SUV-MUV concept
flexible seating
Euro IV engines
Traction control
Climate control (personalized zones) may be with 3 row vents
Navigation system
airbags (also side airbags)
ABS
4X4
17 inch wheels
Independant double wishbone coil spring suspension with stabilizer bar in front
five link suspension with coil springs and stabilizer bar at rear
Production (almost) ready version on display at Auto Expo
Name is not yet decided (hmnn!) may be at the time of launch name will be announced. If we believe "sid" then name will carry CRUZE for sure

Why TATA has not yet launched teaser website of Indicruz(e)/xover/? as they did for Manza couple of days ahead of its launch. The teaser websites for Maruti (for R3) and Toyota's new sedan (Etios?) are already in place.
Old 31st December 2009, 19:23   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VINUMON View Post
Isn't that wishful thinking?

Anyways, I want to believe that the INDICRUZ will not flatter to deceive.
No, it is not. Infact the Tatas have some very relevant experienceof doing exactly the same thing!

In the late 80s and early 90s, DCM-Toyota truck was comprehensively DESTROYED along with Allwyn-Nissan by the venerable chaar sau saat (407). Eicher-Mitsubishi barely scraped through as a very marginal player, mainly on Eicher's strength.
Old 31st December 2009, 19:33   #1154
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
No, it is not. Infact the Tatas have some very relevant experienceof doing exactly the same thing!

In the late 80s and early 90s, DCM-Toyota truck was comprehensively DESTROYED along with Allwyn-Nissan by the venerable chaar sau saat (407). Eicher-Mitsubishi barely scraped through as a very marginal player, mainly on Eicher's strength.
That's a trcuk market where price is the chief factor along with ruggedness. Sophistication has no room there.

When you talk about Innova, it a difference segment altogether. I do wish to believe that TATA can some day produce a good global car, but saying Indicruz will decimate Innvoa is just a wishful thinking in the current scenario.

Last edited by oss : 31st December 2009 at 19:34.
Old 31st December 2009, 23:47   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
That's a trcuk market where price is the chief factor along with ruggedness. Sophistication has no room there.

When you talk about Innova, it a difference segment altogether. I do wish to believe that TATA can some day produce a good global car, but saying Indicruz will decimate Innvoa is just a wishful thinking in the current scenario.
The way things are being suggested and speculated in this thread, it is safe to assume Tata is not leaving any stone unturned for the Indicruz. This is also the first all new vehicle from the Tata stable, where JLR would have had the time to make any contribution. Given the extensive testing in Britain (as different from cold weather testing in the Nordic countries) ride and handling are expected to be as good if not much better than the Innova. Moreover if you look at Innova sales, most of it is under commercial registration. If Tata undercuts the Innova variant for variant on price, there is a good chance to win. Spare parts are also likely to be much more economical as are the TASS service rates. Additionally, Toyota Kirloskar went into deep losses in the last few quarters due to high dependence on imports and spiralling Japanese Yen. There is no way, that Toyota can wage a price battle against Tata that is up on quality and benefits from grounds up manufacturing on home turf.

As you said, "price is the chief factor along with ruggedness". Sophistication is an added extra benefit.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks