Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2008, 17:39   #61
BHPian

i recently saw a spy pic saying its a new tata safari, i think its the new Mahindra Ingenio
» NEW TATA SAFARI CAUGHT TESTING IN SWEEDEN! Cubic Capacity: Indian Automobile arena..cars..bikes & everything AUTO
Old 31st January 2008, 03:26   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaykiran79 View Post
i recently saw a spy pic saying its a new tata safari, i think its the new Mahindra Ingenio
» NEW TATA SAFARI CAUGHT TESTING IN SWEEDEN! Cubic Capacity: Indian Automobile arena..cars..bikes & everything AUTO
isnt it the same thing being discussed here? as others have mentioned you can see the T logo confirming it to be a TATA... unless ofcourse Mahindra is pulling a fast one on the spies by using a T logo on their testers
Old 31st January 2008, 20:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoMAX View Post
isnt it the same thing being discussed here? as others have mentioned you can see the T logo confirming it to be a TATA... unless ofcourse Mahindra is pulling a fast one on the spies by using a T logo on their testers
I am not able to see the "T" logo... can you direct me to the image where it is visible.
Old 1st February 2008, 00:43   #64
BHPian

This looks more like a crossover or an improvised minivan !!!

It looks alright nothing too great....
Old 1st February 2008, 17:32   #65
BHPian

whre is the T logo, please focus it in the picture, i think its the new ingenio which is being tested, what do you guys say?
Old 1st February 2008, 20:13   #66
BHPian

It is too late for the Ingenio to be tested now in Sweden. Also Tata has quite decent R&D centres in Europe that it is easier than early days to manage this test.
Old 2nd February 2008, 00:33   #67
BHPian

If you super size the images and look at the front grill, you can tell that it is the T logo that is covered. The side rear view mirrors look the same as current safari I think.
Old 2nd February 2008, 03:46   #68
ray

This is a TATA MUV - designed with German help (this is NOT a Safari)

News of this came out in 2006.

Quote:
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4][COLOR=#004b91][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4][COLOR=#004b91]German firm to design Tata MUV[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=#004b91]The Economic Times — August 26, 2006 [/COLOR]
Tata Motors has roped in German engineering company, IAV GmbH (Ingenieurgesellschaft Auto und Verkehr), to design and develop its new multi-utility vehicle (MUV) platform. The new platform may replace Tata Motors' warhorse Sumo which has served the company for over 12 years. Tata Motors' has been talking about its intention to develop a new MUV for over three years, but there have been very few updates on the status of the project.
In 2003, the company said, it had formed a group to work on the new platform, but said it may have to pull in external resources to style it. Now with the German design shop on board, the project may hit the fast track. There is still no word on a possible launch date
Source Tata Group | Tata Motors | Media reports | German firm to design Tata MUV
Old 2nd February 2008, 11:06   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoMAX View Post
If you super size the images and look at the front grill, you can tell that it is the T logo that is covered. The side rear view mirrors look the same as current safari I think.

please let me know how to Super size an image??
Old 2nd February 2008, 13:39   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Agey View Post
please let me know how to Super size an image??
There is a link on the top right which says "Super" Press that link and the image will open in higher resolution.
Old 2nd February 2008, 19:04   #71
Senior - BHPian

atlast Tata motors has started coverting concepts into the production versions. this is the production version of Xover and we will see little Elegante in the New Indigo.
Old 4th February 2008, 11:13   #72
Senior - BHPian

OT: @Tushky my gut feeling says that you have seen the New Indigo, and as all we here know, when you something new, you'll definitely take a snap. So mind sharing new Indigo's pics?
Old 4th February 2008, 12:44   #73

Dude, yesterday I saw a similar sized vehicle wearing similar cloth on Mumbai Pune express highway. I was in a bus so could not chase and take picture for team BHPians... I regret...

Last edited by Zappo : 4th February 2008 at 14:48. Reason: Typo edited out.
Old 4th February 2008, 17:02   #74
BHPian

Hmmm........ the vehicle does look like the Xover (cross over)
Old 4th February 2008, 17:03   #75
BHPian

hey guys the MUV is with the Indica tail lights
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks