Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2008, 19:53   #106
Senior - BHPian

its the new sports safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Donno about v6, but clearly had twin exhausts. I m havin trouble uploadin the vids. I have transferred the vids from my mobile to the pc but loadin VLC player to see which of the many vids i had are the tata ones.
ahem... its the new sports safari based on current platform,tweaked two.dot.two engine for better performance, better handling with even stiffer chassis & underside spare wheel, with twin exhausts (main exhaust bifurcated into 2). Few nicks /nacks cosmetic changes. Looks are much better with neat gap lines. Thats all i could gather . Will post more details soon
Old 1st March 2008, 22:59   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
ahem... its the new sports safari based on current platform,tweaked two.dot.two engine for better performance, better handling with even stiffer chassis & underside spare wheel, with twin exhausts (main exhaust bifurcated into 2). Few nicks /nacks cosmetic changes. Looks are much better with neat gap lines. Thats all i could gather . Will post more details soon
Wow! That will be awesome. Will eagerly wait for more details.
Old 1st March 2008, 23:15   #108

Quote:
I spotted this thread only recently. When I look at the picture on Pg1, it says it is a Crossover. And the vehicle (shown in Geneva Motor Show about 2 years ago) does look like a make-over to Innova. I am still unsure whether we all formed the impression that it will be 2010 Safari. >>
Old 2nd March 2008, 14:38   #109
BHPian

Quote:
ahem... its the new sports safari based on current platform,tweaked two.dot.two engine for better performance, better handling with even stiffer chassis & underside spare wheel, with twin exhausts (main exhaust bifurcated into 2). w nicks /nacks cosmetic changes. Looks are much better with neat gap lines. Thats all i could gather . Will post more details soon
Rahul, I am absolutely sure that the Crossover is an entirely new platform. It isn't simply a modified Safari chassis. More over, it will not replace the Safari in the market either. The crossover will be targetted at the Innova segment.The Safari will continue to sell seperately. Yes, the spare wheel won't be mounted on the tail gate & the engine will be the 2.2 Dicor. Again, since it is an all new project, changes wont be limited to a few knick knacks and cosmetic ones, the entire cock[it, cabin etc. will be fresh.
Old 2nd March 2008, 15:46   #110
BHPian

Quote:
It is a very good news.Hope new safari sport with better quality.Waiting for more details.
Old 10th March 2008, 09:15   #111
ray

Crossover?

Is this picture which forms part of the Sumo Grande pictorial in 'cubic-capacity' website actually showing Tata's new Crossover vehicle in the Tata testing lot?
Attached Thumbnails
Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-new-crossover.jpg  

Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20-9080128.016.jpeg  

Old 10th March 2008, 09:41   #112
BHPian

i think they are messing with existing Safari design....if they are going to launch something like this in 2010, i will be the first first person to opt for last piece of current beast...10 years of Safari and it still looks upmarket and contemporary....
Old 10th March 2008, 10:14   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
Is this picture which forms part of the Sumo Grande pictorial in 'cubic-capacity' website actually showing Tata's new Crossover vehicle in the Tata testing lot?

good spotting Ray!

yes, that does look like the new crossover. in fact,the glass house is identical to the X-over displayed in Geneva in 2006
Old 10th March 2008, 16:21   #114
Senior - BHPian

Behold its coming sooner than expected (early 2009)

All in all a new SPORTS Safari we all yearn for
Old 10th March 2008, 16:42   #115
Team-BHP Support

So what happens to the many poor souls who plonked their money on the 2.2 ?
Old 10th March 2008, 18:00   #116
BHPian

This Safari story seems to be never ending. Last year we were anxiously waiting for 2.2 and now this new model story. Well lets start!
So we already have a pic here and now some speculations on specs like, anyone has any news whether its going to be 3 litre 160+ bhp?
I don't intend to spread any rumors, so please, pardon me if there is anything not complying to rules of the forum.
Old 10th March 2008, 18:24   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

maybe it coming by early 2009, but I guess its will be launched in the European market first as was done with the 2.2L and hence we should get this by early 2010. I dont think they would launch it here earlier than that as 2.2L was launched late last year.
Old 10th March 2008, 20:40   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
So what happens to the many poor souls who plonked their money on the 2.2 ?
well its a no brainer...the same thing which happened to 3.0 ltrs owners when 2.2 came and all of sudden 3.0ltr production was cutout and its a discontinued version.

Tata seems to have lessened the lifecycle of their new rollouts
Old 11th March 2008, 10:16   #119
SUV
BHPian

Quote:

U mean this will Sport the 180 BHP 2.2L Diesel Or the V6 Petrol with 240+ ?

Any news on the Auto Box ?
Old 11th March 2008, 10:20   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV View Post
U mean this will Sport the 180 BHP 2.2L Diesel Or the V6 Petrol with 240+ ?

Any news on the Auto Box ?
160bhp 3L, not 2.2L I guess. It will be great if its the 2.2L though.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks