Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2010, 18:09   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

My prediction: When everything that is desirable is added, it'll be over 10 lakh.

The Polo I was looking at about seven years ago, with a very good discount, was 10,000 UK pounds.
Old 14th January 2010, 19:10   #182
Senior - BHPian

The Polo in the pics is the top of the line model displayed at the Auto Expo. The crowds made it impossible to talk to a VW rep and ask the price. The build quality looked good and the interior pleasant and ergonomic. I'm sure the car will sell adequately in the market.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo specs. EDIT : 11,111,111th Polo rolls off in Pune (Pg. 18)-new-delhi-auto-expo-107-large.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo specs. EDIT : 11,111,111th Polo rolls off in Pune (Pg. 18)-new-delhi-auto-expo-108-large.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo specs. EDIT : 11,111,111th Polo rolls off in Pune (Pg. 18)-new-delhi-auto-expo-109-large.jpg  

Old 14th January 2010, 21:13   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
So, safety features are cosmetic, now, are they?

Bad, VW... Very bad!
Look at the bright side. It'll sell at least. Its now officially "fancy".
Old 15th January 2010, 10:01   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
The Polo in the pics is the top of the line model displayed at the Auto Expo. The crowds made it impossible to talk to a VW rep and ask the price. The build quality looked good and the interior pleasant and ergonomic. I'm sure the car will sell adequately in the market.
We cannot realistically look at the display vehicles as indicators of what the actual variants will or will not have.
For a top-line variant, we seem to be missing the front foglamps.
And if the red one (showcased earlier) is NOT a top of the line variant, then how does it have 17 inch alloys that are optional extras even in the international market?
This is all window-dressing.
Let's wait till there is more information on this.
Old 15th January 2010, 10:09   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
i have the same feeling here. but i think they must have added some options like the sunroof. climatronic FATC, and side and curtain airbags! lets see how it goes. if there is flexibility in the options packs as its done in other countries then i think its fantastic!

the best bet for punto buyers would be the 1.2ltr 75 bhp diesel engine! thats the one worth having a look at. rest of the engines are just about ok! that 1.6 petrol is also old one from the jetta!
There is no sun-roof in any polo version, international or otherwise that is currently in the market, so you could rule that out.
Climatronic and side and curtain airbags are not "accessories" that you install at a dealer like a floor mat.. They are integrated to HVAC, electronics, sensors and the like and are factory fitted. Airbags especially are moulded into plastics on the steering, dash, and pillar mouldings, and when triggered, physically destroy the part, necessitating their replacement with a fresh airbag integrated.
Safety options will be things like luggage net, fire extinguisher, etc. We are not talking of ABS except as factory fitted.
VW is talking of dealer level option fittings, and one must scale expectations accordingly.
Old 20th January 2010, 12:03   #186
BHPian

Guys!!!!! the specifications are out on the Website. Except for the Price and Option Pack, all other details are available. Let everybody go through and then come on for discussion.
Old 20th January 2010, 12:15   #187
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

im sure the Polo will be a nice enough car in its own way - but it is clearly being engineered to meet a price and FE requirement of the majority of us Indians- no wonder we will get the wheezy 1.2 petrol or the same Fabia 1.4 three cyl. Diesel.

same logic applies to Maruti Suzuki Swift which is given to us with a decent 1.3, squidgy tyres, relatively few bells and whistles etc and now is even being re-hashed more with the Fuel Efficient 1.2 K engine.

This same car is actually rated very well abroad with its larger wheels and tyres, lovely stiff solid chassis, 1.6 engine, other bells and whistles, Suzuki Sport tag, reasonable price etc as an extremely viable alternative to the legendary Mini Cooper itself!

at the same time, as one keeps adding this and that to the "build your own" package, the VW Polo, absolutely fully loaded, will likely cost the buyer at least 9 lacs on road!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 20th January 2010 at 12:18.
Old 20th January 2010, 12:58   #188
Senior - BHPian

VW Polo 1.6 petrol engine will be exported to middle east from India.

currently no polo is being sold in the GCC countries.

so expect the indian made 1.6 polo to be to notch and loaded with features!

few of these 1.6 will be let loose for indian enthusiasts also!
Old 20th January 2010, 15:03   #189
BHPian

Even the highline of Polo didn't seem to have these features

No USB
No Steering Mounted controls
No electrically adjustable ORVMs
No Bluetooth (Only Punto has it for now)

I guess thats where i20 Asta & Punto E+ will score
Thou it has glove box holder for goggles and remotely controlled movement of the car windows.
Old 20th January 2010, 16:08   #190
BHPian

Cost on road in bangalore

hi one and all, i know it has been quite some time since i have visited t-bhp....
i was very eagerly awaiting the release of the polo 1.6, however now i am in two minds....
the interiors are too plain..and no ground breaking features to boot...
cost of the 1.2 which releases in mid march is around 6 to 6.5 lakhs on raod for bangalore....

so the 1.6 will be a bomb....and no guesstimate on the date of launch...
guess this will go the jazz or fabia way..
Old 21st January 2010, 17:57   #191
BHPian

Just called Vidyut Motors Pvt. Ltd inPune.

Asked them the price difference between 1.2 & 1.6.

The guy said as of now they have no idea about the price.They will get to know it in the first week of march.

He said the 1.6l engine will roll on roads by April end.
Old 21st January 2010, 18:09   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Even the highline of Polo didn't seem to have these features

No USB
No Steering Mounted controls
No electrically adjustable ORVMs
No Bluetooth (Only Punto has it for now)

I guess thats where i20 Asta & Punto E+ will score
Thou it has glove box holder for goggles and remotely controlled movement of the car windows.
guys why you worry about a cosmetic/gimick like an USB, Bluetooth, steering mounted controls, electric ORVMs?

steering mounted controls make a replacement steering expensive!
remember how our ORVMs get broken by a scooter or motorcycle wala?
Bluetooth can be fitted as aftermarket fitment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit1329 View Post
hi one and all, i know it has been quite some time since i have visited t-bhp....
i was very eagerly awaiting the release of the polo 1.6, however now i am in two minds....
the interiors are too plain..and no ground breaking features to boot...
cost of the 1.2 which releases in mid march is around 6 to 6.5 lakhs on raod for bangalore....

so the 1.6 will be a bomb....and no guesstimate on the date of launch...
guess this will go the jazz or fabia way..
1.6 is for performance, not about interiors or 'ground breaking features'!

have you seen then plain interiors of a VW Golf GTi?
Old 21st January 2010, 18:21   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
guys why you worry about a cosmetic/gimick like an USB, Bluetooth, steering mounted controls, electric ORVMs?

Well everyone would like to get max for the hard earned money that we pay to buy anything for that matter!!
Old 21st January 2010, 18:24   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post

1.6 is for performance, not about interiors or 'ground breaking features'!

have you seen then plain interiors of a VW Golf GTi?
Why not buy a cycle and save the money, eh?
That's also why certain dumb-a** dealers suggest you not go for Airbags. After all, if it ever inflates, you have to change the dash and the steering wheel. Imagine the cost when 10 airbags inflate!! Better not to have any!
And what do you have to say to all the Audi, BMW, Bentley, Rolls Royce Phantom owners?

Last edited by crackingride : 21st January 2010 at 18:27.
Old 21st January 2010, 22:06   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
Why not buy a cycle and save the money, eh?
That's also why certain dumb-a** dealers suggest you not go for Airbags. After all, if it ever inflates, you have to change the dash and the steering wheel. Imagine the cost when 10 airbags inflate!! Better not to have any!
And what do you have to say to all the Audi, BMW, Bentley, Rolls Royce Phantom owners?
i think i should have been more specific and clear in my reply, it was directed at the guy who was asking for all these gimicks, not me!

im all for the performance of the car and i dont like to worry about these add on features to please the customer.

a car is never bought for what features are loaded in the cabin, but what it can do from that engine under the bonnet!

why go for the add on features, go for what the car is! engine, looks, performance etc

i have already finalised 1.6ltr polo, if i wanted to buy a cycle, i wouldnt have gone for 1.6!

Last edited by Parm : 21st January 2010 at 22:08.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks