Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2009, 15:28   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Hey look at the turning radius & ground clearance figures guys. Definitely it will very difficult to negotiate tight U turns and narrow lane turns.
City of speed breakers (Bangalore) will definitely rip apart the bottom of the car, VW should have increase the ground clearance to 170mm.
These are similar to Punto, it also has 5.3 m turning radius. I'd say its not a pain to drive in city and negotiate narrow lane turns, but its a pain to take U turns. Since I have not driven any car with a turning radius less that 4.9m extensively, I am pretty much used to this.
Old 29th December 2009, 15:28   #32
Senior - BHPian

The diesel would be a real value for money even with the premium for the oil motor. Would buy one in a blink.
Old 29th December 2009, 15:29   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Interior features:
  • dual tone grey interiors
I have seen some photos of dual tone beige interiors of polo in India right here on Tbhp. Those could be higher trim levels next in line for launch?
Old 29th December 2009, 15:32   #34
MCR
BHPian

Safety features made as standard is an excellent move. Removal of fog lamps and also some cosmetic features is bad.I think the car could weigh around 1100 kg, and I seriously feel that with 69PS its going to be underpowered.However to expect ABS + EBD + Airbags for 4.75 to 5.25 lacs would be too much. I thnik the price will be close to 6 lacs.
Checkout this link for technical specs :Technische Daten > Zahlen & Fakten > Polo > Modelle > Volkswagen Deutschland
Old 29th December 2009, 15:38   #35
Senior - BHPian

A 3 pot 69 bhp engine equalling specs of Estillo or A-Star in a car weighing over 1 ton and costing 5 lakhs.... This will meet the same fate like that of Fabia. Add to that a 5.3 m turning radius... I hope they are shown the door by Indian consumers just like Jazz.
Old 29th December 2009, 15:40   #36
BHPian

Amazing features.. but as many others mentioned in this thread, price seems a bit unrealistic. If that's the price range, then it is an awesome package
Old 29th December 2009, 15:45   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
A 3 pot 69 bhp engine equalling specs of Estillo or A-Star in a car weighing over 1 ton and costing 5 lakhs.... This will meet the same fate like that of Fabia. Add to that a 5.3 m turning radius... I hope they are shown the door by Indian consumers just like Jazz.
The Fiesta 1.4 TDCi has an output of 68bhp and comparitively heavy kerb weight. But is there anyone who calls it underpowered? It all depends on how its going to be tuned for driveability and for that we need to wait for a brief TD of the Polo.

Otherwise, its a nice move VW to bring the Polo with all the safety features and the pricing is going to be deal maker for VW. All the best to them
Old 29th December 2009, 15:49   #38
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant pricing if at all its true. The engine may not be as competitive an offering as the other cars in similar price bracket but considering the brand value of VW and the safety features , I think it may click well. It can easily do a 3000 units / month given that they bring out a diesel variant soon in its line up.
Old 29th December 2009, 15:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The Fiesta 1.4 TDCi has an output of 68bhp and comparitively heavy kerb weight. But is there anyone who calls it underpowered? It all depends on how its going to be tuned for driveability and for that we need to wait for a brief TD of the Polo.

Otherwise, its a nice move VW to bring the Polo with all the safety features and the pricing is going to be deal maker for VW. All the best to them
Yes I Fiesta 1.4 is underpowered. However being a diesel (spelt torque) and being a 4 pot, its smooth and fun to drive in City. On the highway it runs out of steam.
With Polo you are getting a 3 pot and that too petrol engine thats low on torque you do the maths....
Old 29th December 2009, 15:55   #40
Senior - BHPian

69 hp petrol motor will be sluggish for pulling a 1+ ton car.
FE indicator is a nice touch but the FE wont be great. Remember that the 1.2 in the Punto does not return any significantly better FE than the 1.4

VW knows that they can't beat Maruti's K series gem and Hyundai's nice Kappa. They have provided the most ordinary heart and are trying to capitalize on the goodies list (something which even the Fabia attempted though defective machinery and high pricing made it eat dust).

Pricing @ 5.25 laks ex-Delhi, its about 20k expensive than the Swift ZXI

Its interesting to see if the masses prefer the Polo with a donkey engine (but feel-good features) or the proven Swift with the real horses(but acceptable interiors). My personal bet would still be on the horses.

Again what better does it offer than the Punto 1.4 EP

Last edited by dipen : 29th December 2009 at 16:12.
Old 29th December 2009, 16:02   #41
Senior - BHPian

At below 5 lacs with Alloys & Airbags. They will have the competition weeping in no time.

I would buy a Polo immediately without thinking twice if below 5 lacs for the base variant with those features.

Anyways - Just a few more days and then I guess we will all know.
Old 29th December 2009, 16:02   #42
BHPian

With this pricing aren't they effectively killing the Fabia? Who will buy the Fabia if this variant is priced like this?
Old 29th December 2009, 16:07   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
  • turning radius: 5.3 m
Thats one big turning radius for a small car In fact my scorpio has a truning radius of 5 mts. & even Fiat Punto which is said to have a big turning radius has 5mts. I am not sure how good this is going to be in traffic & congested parking.

BTW the pricing is very very good if this is what it is actually priced with the feature as mentioned .
Old 29th December 2009, 16:11   #44
BHPian

Dream on guys.

With that equipment list and the said 40% localization, expect the OTR price to be definately upwards of 6L ++ (model with all features).

You may get a bare bones version - AC & PS for close to 4.5 ex showroom, at best.
Old 29th December 2009, 16:54   #45
BHPian

The reason its cheap is because of the engine, 6 lakhs for that engine would be pushing it, when they launch newer more powerful engines then maybe.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks