Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2009, 14:18   #1
BHPian

Automatic Car Wash - Bangalore

Hello All,
Is anyone aware of the automatic car wash facility in Bangalore? I was reading in the www.thehindubusinessline.com that Marvel is planning to open one in Bangalore. I tried to explore their website and it seems to be under construction. I am not sure if they already have a facility in Bangalore. Please provide location and contact details if any.

-Jayanth
Old 30th November 2010, 18:14   #2
BHPian

I am looking for the info on automated car wash in bangalore, or any other good car wash guys who does the job of cleaning cars with soft cloth etc ? I am fed up of seeing the cloth stains in my car. Found car spa (total mall, diamond district) doing a better job but not automated.
Old 30th November 2010, 18:25   #3
BHPian

If I could recollect there was one in Bangalore, check older posts on car cleaning. Would add the link once found. Though it's not fully automated (Drying and cleaning is still done by hand).

Found it

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...detailing.html

Last edited by raghu230506 : 30th November 2010 at 18:36. Reason: update link
Old 30th November 2010, 18:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

Automatic car wash may not be an economical proposition given the cost of operation and volumes expected. One of my neighbors was considering this as business and decided not to go ahead after doing a study. High initial investment and operational costs (electricity charges etc) does not allow such small industries to flourish in our country. Manual wash with some 3-5 guys and some basic soap and stuff will work out cheaper.

OT: Incidentally I noticed that we have one of the highest electricity charges among many other countries while the telephone/mobile charges are one of the cheapest. Is regulation doing exactly the opposite of its intention?

Last edited by vasoo : 30th November 2010 at 18:27.
Old 30th November 2010, 19:23   #5
BHPian

Exactly i agree with you Vasoo.

In the area i stay ( vijayanagar) the wash centres are pathetic and the service offered is crap . Definetly would be a good business option if any one starts this service in this part of bangalore - but considering the points mentioned by you + the labour problem no one would dare to open..
Old 30th November 2010, 20:17   #6
BHPian

I beg to differ here. Auto car wash is definitely the way forward. I agree the initial investment is high, but when you look at the whole picture then it isn't all that bad. Around 30 cars a day is sufficient for an ROI of <1 yr. The other important point is that an auto car wash uses lesser manpower and consumes much less water when compared to the regular washers. Also the auto wash will finish off the job in less than 15 min. Its becoming quite popular and will soon be a common sight. Anyway i am surprised it isn't there in bangi! Smaller cities like cochin, Madurai, tirupur etc already have one.
Old 30th November 2010, 20:47   #7
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

An automatic car wash is one of the ways of instilling numerous swirls & scratches into your paint finish !

meguiars.com: FAQ - What causes swirl marks?

Below is an extract from Meguiars which can be found at above link:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many automatic car washes still rely on spinning nylon bristle brushes to scrub your car clean. While these brushes may clean really well, they also instill many unnecessary scratches. Remember this also: any automatic car wash system that relies on some type of material that comes into direct contact with your car's finish has the potential to instill scratches. You see it doesn't matter how soft, or state of the art their system is, if the car or truck before you was 4-wheel drive dirty, the dirt removed from their finish can potentially still be in the system (imbedded in the brushes or what have you) whereupon it can be rubbed across your car's finish. Automatic car washes are usually not recommended if you want to keep your finish scratch-free.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A two bucket method with a microfiber towel or mitt is the best way to maintain the finish !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks