Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2010, 05:44   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
collaboration with VIP
did i read it correctly?????????
We will get the car neatly packed inside a giant suitcase ??
Old 6th January 2010, 13:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
@pacman2881 - if you can call 2 cars/month a niche, then it certainly does look like it. I'd rather bet on Harbhajan and Sreesanth getting married than any variant of the Logan being a success in the Indian market.
good one dude.

On a serious note, how many more variants is Renault want to introduce?
already it has 16 variants and selling around 500 a month is a big joke!

Logan is synonym for Meru cabs.!
High time they should introduce new cars rather than decorating the old lady.
Old 7th January 2010, 00:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

As per this thread "Mahindra Renault to launch new Logan at Auto Expo"
Mahindra Renault took the meaning of new to different level, literally andthey launched same Renault in a all NEW colour

Guys new Logan is here
Old 7th January 2010, 00:16   #34
Senior - BHPian

And as always.. this thread also becomes a Logan bashing thread!

The thread starter misunderstood whats written in the article. Even I didn't read it carefully. The article clearly says that it will be an another variant.
Old 8th January 2010, 18:49   #35
BHPian

I wonder how many of these Logan bashers have actually driven a Logan. I would request all the ones who have not driven it to just go and take a test drive. It won't cost you a thing and will definitely change your perception.
I am not saying this because I own the Logan 1.6 but because after owning Esteem VXi, Santro and Zen, I can say that it's one of the best in it's price tag.
In all the cars, you get some and you loose some. This car costed me 5.6 lac onroad, gives me an average of 10-12 in city and 17-18 on the highway, is rugged and spacious, is cheap to maintain and has plenty of useful features. I think all these things make it a very good deal.

Last edited by Sush : 8th January 2010 at 18:50.
Old 8th January 2010, 19:01   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
I wonder how many of these Logan bashers have actually driven a Logan. I would request all the ones who have not driven it to just go and take a test drive.
gives me an average of 10-12 in city and 17-18 on the highway, is rugged and spacious, is cheap to maintain and has plenty of useful features. I think all these things make it a very good deal.
I TD this car and believe me it is great, I think it has taken a bagging because it is being used Taxi Operators otherwise it is a great car.
Old 8th January 2010, 19:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
I wonder how many of these Logan bashers have actually driven a Logan. I would request all the ones who have not driven it to just go and take a test drive. It won't cost you a thing and will definitely change your perception.
I am not saying this because I own the Logan 1.6 but because after owning Esteem VXi, Santro and Zen, I can say that it's one of the best in it's price tag.
In all the cars, you get some and you loose some. This car costed me 5.6 lac onroad, gives me an average of 10-12 in city and 17-18 on the highway, is rugged and spacious, is cheap to maintain and has plenty of useful features. I think all these things make it a very good deal.
Sir I'm not a Logan basher. Logan was my first choice long back when Punto was not even launched. I know Logan was designed by Kenneth Melville who was hired by Dacia and was with Mercedes Benz and worked on designing of SLK and S-Class!!

I was shocked to see just a new colour variant for Logan and not the facelifted European one and hence made some fun in my earlier post.

I'm sorry if I hurt your sentiments.

Yes I have driven Logan petrol and as a product I liked every bit of it except some ergonomic flaws due to LHD to RHD. It is much better then its competition. Its European and I love European cars for their no-nonsense engineering

Last edited by HammerHead : 8th January 2010 at 19:45.
Old 8th January 2010, 20:33   #38
BHPian

When I first saw Logan in flesh and blood in Sep 2006 at Pondicherry, I liked it so much. It was spartan-looking, had clean lines albeit boxy and oodles of space inside. The owner, my relative, was all praise for it and at a function there, it was a star attraction among all relatives.

A year or two back, a relative in Bangalore looking out for a new car - after twenty years, our old workhorse the Maruti Van was with him for another five years - asked my father for his suggestion. My father suggested Logan. He test drove it , liked it very much and bought it. He is very happy with it except that he finds it too big to drive in Bangalore traffic.

It is still a puzzle to me as to why it failed. May be Renault-Mahindra failed in their marketing strategy and pricing.

When I was looking for a car in Sep 2009, Logan was nowhere in the picture in my mind primarily because of its size and its failure to get a due recognition in the market. I can only say that is the way of life.
Old 9th January 2010, 02:01   #39
BHPian

@Sush - I did test drive the Logan a few days after its launch. I test drove both - the 1.6 petrol and the diesel. The best thing I could say about the car was that it was spacious. I certainly would not call it a pleasure to drive by any stretch of imagination. They had LHD controls rather than RHD controls and if I am not mistaken - either the boot release or the fuel release was on the passenger side. Once again - looks are relative - many of us just find it bad looking. I am sure the JV would have expected better sales from the car and it did fail to meet the buzz it generated. It might be a reasonable car - it still failed to capture the imagination of the public and can safely be called a failed model.
Old 9th January 2010, 03:28   #40
Senior - BHPian

TDing a car is different than owning one.

People who do own it, know, that it performs better when its run-in period is over. The car I TDed, had a sluggish pickup, didn't go above 120. My car does 160 without any hassle. And pickup is much more than satisfactory.. and way much better than the TD car.

When I bought the Logan, even I found the controls odd. But in some time you get used to it. And I like it this way better because, I have one hand on the steering all the time. I use the left hand for changing gears, giving turn signals, turning the headlamps on, flashing the high beam, while the right hand is always on the steering. So, atleast for me, it is a useful feature.

Both boot release and the fuel lid release are on the driver side. The latch for opening the hood is on the passenger side. But how many times in a year does one open his hood? Five? Ten? That makes it lesser than once in a month. So this doesn't make it that big an issue, people make it out to be. These things are so trivial, that people who own this car, soon forget about.
Old 9th January 2010, 20:36   #41
BHPian

The Wiper orientation

Logan might be a good car, but I believe the company is not doing everything right. For one the wiper orientation. You can forgive and live with its other quirks but I believe having the wiper still oriented for LHD car is an issue with Renault. I believe even now it is not rectified even now (maybe they ordered 10000 assemblies in bulk and Logan has not sold that to exhaust them?). If Mahindra is serious about entering cars segment they should try to fix this first rather then sell umpteen versions.
Old 11th January 2010, 12:45   #42
BHPian

I do agree that the wiper orientation is not good.
Apart from that I didn't find any other negatives as far as fuel efficiency, ride quality, pickup, ground clearance and space are concerned. I want to make it clear that I am not saying all this just to praise the vehicle I own but only to give a brief ownership experience.
I agree that it's not putting the sales chart on fire and cannot be called a successful model. If I am given a chance to reconsider my buying decision, I wouldn't buy the same car. I would buy the one with ABS (it was launched afterwards :-))
Old 20th January 2010, 02:05   #43
BANNED

LOGAN's stationwagon and the pick-up versions look great. M&M made a mistake by getting the Sedan version first according to me. I liked the Stationwagon LOGAN, though its not the beautifulest but still great looks.

Hope we get to see it on roads soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks